Old Jun 18, 2015, 12:28 PM
Find More Posts by 2Doggs
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
5,969 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravityKills View Post
nice, but you can work this heli a lot harder (smooth flying is nice but heavy-handed abrupt moves are more challenging for FBL).

>> 13 degrees of pitch!
not to de-rail this thread but shouldn't it be 130 degrees?
Hey, didn't I tell you a million times not to exaggerate?

Looks like Mikado have gone for the "Marvin the Martian" look for the TX! Plastic TX, made in China, wonder how much they're asking for it?
2Doggs is online now Find More Posts by 2Doggs
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 18, 2015, 12:50 PM
Find More Posts by gravityKills
like a rock!
Finland
Joined Oct 2007
2,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs View Post
Hey, didn't I tell you a million times not to exaggerate?
Oh well. 13 is the number (but it should be radians, not degrees...)

Here in Europe it's in the shops, regular ~€600 (or "was" in the shops as it's sold out) and the special edition €800 (available immediately).

The Mikado stuff has usually worked pretty well (all my other helis are V-Bar, for some unknown reason I decided to equip the Goblin with a Bavarian Demon "formerly known as Helicommando"). I rarely watch my fingers when flying so who cares about design but I guess my DX8 still has a lot of life in it.
gravityKills is offline Find More Posts by gravityKills
Old Jun 18, 2015, 11:11 PM
Find More Posts by HeliFlyer14
United States, OR, Corvallis
Joined May 2014
1,572 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmodels View Post
Here is the 2nd flight testing the new NEO. This thing MOVES at 3600 and 13 degrees of pitch!

http://youtu.be/RPA7LnwhStY
Nice flying You have some mad skills there.

I can't believe how stable that is. Those piro's were just solid in axial there. Only in my dreams.
HeliFlyer14 is offline Find More Posts by HeliFlyer14
Old Jul 01, 2015, 02:47 PM
Find More Posts by gravityKills
like a rock!
Finland
Joined Oct 2007
2,529 Posts
BTW if anybody cares: I threw out the quick-release battery "upgrade" as the resistance in the 3.5 mm plugs was too high (the plastic actually melted around them).
A change to EC5, and shortening ESC wires, and directly soldering ESC to motor, has given the heli quite a performance boost with a high-C LiPo.
gravityKills is offline Find More Posts by gravityKills
Old Jul 06, 2015, 07:07 PM
Find More Posts by Flying Pitcher
I'm breaking-in helis.
Greenland, Qaasuitsup
Joined Apr 2013
3,117 Posts
good for you an extra "free" boost never hurts.
Flying Pitcher is offline Find More Posts by Flying Pitcher
Old Jul 20, 2015, 09:27 PM
Find More Posts by buddertoast
Joined Jun 2008
133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave778 View Post
TKF, why would you tell everyone you have a G700 speed or multiple E820s or whatever and be so secretive about it? Then you come into a random SAB 380 thread and insult this model and the potential buyers. And brag about your secret 700 again.

Are you in the heli protection program KF? If so, I understand. I am not as advanced as you and just still occasionally insult glow plank flyers. (Shhh, I might get suspended)
Why in the world does anyone even respond to the posts........? Just ignore them in whole and move on to the topic at hand~!~
I have no idea who any of you are, but I can definitely see how this distraction can lead people with "time is money" attitude to another thread with actual fact based information to help solve whatever issue there having with there RC.
I am no expert, but I am experienced and I would do what I can with the time I am on the forum to help others have a blast with a hobby that is FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!! Not bash and talk smack to people who are only known digitally!?!

My 2 cents, even if noone cares............

And the goblin 380 is a beast of a machine. Now if I can get this silly nose to tail wobble taken care of!!! Any help on that would be awesome
buddertoast is offline Find More Posts by buddertoast
Old Jul 23, 2015, 11:57 AM
Find More Posts by BlinkguY
United States, NJ, Newark
Joined Nov 2005
2,314 Posts
Guys please sign this petition if you want to help gett to rid of scammers around here.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2464509
BlinkguY is online now Find More Posts by BlinkguY
Old Jul 26, 2015, 11:33 AM
Find More Posts by Paul 1968
Mildly Confused
UK
Joined Oct 2008
1,627 Posts
Well it seems resistance is futile, I just pulled the trigger on a nice shiny new red 380, it should complement my 570 very nicely.
Paul 1968 is online now Find More Posts by Paul 1968