Old Jul 22, 2015, 01:12 AM
Find More Posts by Hondajet
" Plain Crazy! "
Australia, WA, Joondalup
Joined Oct 2008
2,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermilo View Post
Has anyone installed a Mr RC sound system in this plane?
That would be an interesting to see if it could be possible.....

I have not used that system yet, however, I have a Freewing Sound Module system modified into my larger FMS 1400mm Zero A6M2 .....luckily one of the last v1 series available that was installed in their first release of their 1400mm P51D Mustang with the unsuitable Radial engine sound of the Zero

This system is too big to fit into the smaller 1100 size range and not sure MrRC product will too.... but I stand corrected if his latest available hardware has downsized.

The cost of installing MrRC is also perhaps over the cost of the model too which is another issue to consider.

In saying that..... it is a coincidence that you have posted on this topic, as I have just finished developing and installing my Mechanical Clicker Sound Generator system on my old Campaign weary, crashed and broken up many times, weathered and worn Mk24 of the 1st release March/April 2013 series vintage and part of the initial contributions to this thread.

It is a twin system this time and the latest in the development in this simple "Boyhood" device I used to use on Baby Boomer bicycle spokes like many other of us in that era to make our deadly treadlies sound like they had motors

I have it developed on my Dynam Tiger Moth, Durafly SE5A and HK Retro Pioneer series model to give a vintage sound, however the Twin System I have on the Mk24 gives it a reasonable sound on Idle and low revs and a louder high pitched whine scream at higher power settings

NO it does not sound like a Merlin or Griffin and that is NOT what I am not trying to achieve on this model so I mention this to stop my embarrassment to some here

My main intention to install it was the fact that my latest conversion to the Durafly 5B prop and matched silver motor of lower kV was operating as a lower Full Power RPM and with my finely balanced propeller it was almost and totally silent in operation in the air at anything over 100m distant.

You just could not hear what the Engine was doing and that also related to the illusion that it was not flying fast enough....even though its upgraded performance on the 5B combo setup was high enough to sustain unlimited vertical to out of LOS control ability

So now I can hear what the motor is doing and that makes a big difference in my power management and realistic feedback like it does on my vintage type sound installations.

I am just editing a new vid I shot yesterday of the Mk24 with this "Noise" system installed...but in the meantime here for entertainment are the recent video productions of my FMS Zero for those of you that have not seen them yet which appears as a cameo in my Mk 24 footage.

I will post it here in a few hours after I have finished the edit and upload to my channel.

"Mitsubishi Maiden" - FMS A6M2b ZERO fitted with a Freewing Sound Module System (8 min 59 sec)

FMS MITSUBISHI ZERO A6M2 with a Custom Fitted FREEWING ENGINE SOUND MODULE SYSTEM (9 min 15 sec)

FMS 1400mm JAPANESE ZERO A6M2b - DESERT ISLAND SORTIE (14 min 59 sec)

Hondajet is offline Find More Posts by Hondajet
Last edited by Hondajet; Jul 24, 2015 at 06:53 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 22, 2015, 12:21 PM
Find More Posts by Hondajet
" Plain Crazy! "
Australia, WA, Joondalup
Joined Oct 2008
2,891 Posts
Mechanical Sound Generator MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondajet View Post
NO it does not sound like a Merlin or Griffin and that is NOT what I am not trying to achieve on this model so I mention this to stop my embarrassment to some here

My main intention to install it was the fact that my latest conversion to the Durafly 5B prop and matched silver motor of lower kV and thus operating at a lower Full Power RPM and matched with my acutely balanced propeller, it was almost totally silent in operation in the air at anything over 100m distant from the Tx.

You just could not hear what the Engine was doing and that also related to the illusion that it was not flying fast enough....even though its upgraded performance on the 5B combo setup was high enough to sustain unlimited vertical to out of LOS visual control ability

So now I can hear what the motor is doing and that makes a big difference in my power management and realistic feedback, like it does on my vintage type sound installations.

Mk24 with Mechanical Twin Sound Generator System Mod (6 min 53 sec)

Hondajet is offline Find More Posts by Hondajet
Last edited by Hondajet; Jul 24, 2015 at 08:10 AM.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 12:33 PM
Find More Posts by dahawk47
Augermeister
United States, TX, Keller
Joined Jul 2011
3,110 Posts
I have Mr. RC Sound but I'm not sure that the card can fit inside the fuse. Maybe if you cut out slots running along each side. The newer transducer versus the speaker might fit but on this plane , you'll have to closely consider the cg.
dahawk47 is offline Find More Posts by dahawk47
Old Jul 22, 2015, 12:35 PM
Find More Posts by FLTRI
Der Schaum-Krieg-Vogel Piloten
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Jan 2013
1,503 Posts
FWIW, Mr RC put one in a 980mm FMS P-40...
FLTRI is online now Find More Posts by FLTRI
Old Jul 22, 2015, 12:41 PM
Find More Posts by dahawk47
Augermeister
United States, TX, Keller
Joined Jul 2011
3,110 Posts
Well , there ya go ! My Spitty met early retirement over a year ago.
dahawk47 is offline Find More Posts by dahawk47
Old Jul 25, 2015, 07:19 PM
Find More Posts by FieldofDreamsFlyer
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
10,515 Posts
Supermarine Spitfire PR.XIX at RIAT 18th July 2015 (6 min 52 sec)
FieldofDreamsFlyer is online now Find More Posts by FieldofDreamsFlyer
Old Jul 26, 2015, 08:09 PM
Find More Posts by abjets
What Goes Up...Must Come Down
United States, NC, Oak Island
Joined Jan 2013
1,612 Posts
Awesome!! A gorgeous bird!
abjets is offline Find More Posts by abjets
Old Jul 28, 2015, 01:40 PM
Find More Posts by FieldofDreamsFlyer
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
10,515 Posts
I hope everyone enjoyed there Spitfire as much as I did. Was a fun flying model. I sold mine like I do with all my models. If I kept every one I would have over 200
FieldofDreamsFlyer is online now Find More Posts by FieldofDreamsFlyer