HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 29, 2008, 03:25 AM
The Netherlands, NB, Hapert
Joined Apr 2002
1,284 Posts
Discussion
Herr 36" rubber powered Piper Cub conversion

This was a real "back to basics" for me...started 2 years ago, shelved.....and now I am going to finish it..the weather has been bad for ages.so Im trying to finish my "shelved" projects :-) .it's a loooooong time since I did stick and tissue so its rough, but it was fun....power is from a 2 cell 1000mAh lIPO, GWS type tiny motor with a gearbox, running a horrible red prop (which will be painted !!)

Pushrods are carbon fibre with the wire connector shrink tubed on,

Final detailing still to do (engine etc etc ) ...We will see what happens, when aviation is committed ! ,
Warbird@home is offline Find More Posts by Warbird@home
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 29, 2008, 05:46 PM
North East England
Joined Feb 2004
3,181 Posts
Good job those table candles weren't lit!

Looks to be a nicely built model, perfect as an IPS 'floater'. ALL Piper Cub models fly well - it's a universal law I have an old 52" glow-power Cub plan which I might get round to doing at 30"-36" for electric some day

Look forward to a few flying shots

Steve
Redbaron25 is offline Find More Posts by Redbaron25
Old Jun 29, 2008, 05:52 PM
Big gov never Works
Skunk Water, Rhode Island
Joined Jul 2002
12,455 Posts
I built this about 10yrs ago. Was one of my first electrics. I too used the GWS-DXA/ IPS. 8" prop and a HEAVY 7-350 NiMh. It flew quite well, actually. I used slightly less than the rubber dihedral. One thing I liked about the design, was the fuse side frame construction. It is very scale like. Almost an exact copy of the good ole' SIG 71" J-3. I still have the plans, and thought often of scaling it to 1.5" scale. 54". Of course it would HAVE to have floats..

Fuzz
St. Martin is offline Find More Posts by St. Martin