Old Dec 12, 2012, 08:17 PM
Don't take any wooden nickels
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
2,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
Is it really that bad??
not that bad, but some people seem desperate and are weak towards crimes of opportunity. So I gotta protect myself, and I just don't trust random people here, but I guess where can you anyways. Also, anywhere I want to fly there are too many people, bums, or trouble makers.

I need to join a flying club with a field here.
finguz is online now Find More Posts by finguz
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 13, 2012, 03:57 PM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs View Post

Who's gonna be the first to warn me of the dangers of clone auto parts?
2Doggs, from what I've seen here in RCG, the clone threads are the most popular threads. Gathering from that I would say that clones are widely accepted here in RCG. I've bought clone parts and i've bought OEM parts, and they smash on a crash just the same. lol So in summary every one has the right to fly with what ever they can afford, and to throw, in this money pitt hobby that we have.

Oh and no flying today, it's raining here.
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Old Dec 13, 2012, 04:02 PM
Mildly Confused
UK
Joined Oct 2008
1,476 Posts
Quote:
2Doggs, from what I've seen here in RCG, the clone threads are the most popular threads. Gathering from that I would say that clones are widely accepted here in RCG. I've bought clone parts and i've bought OEM parts, and they smash on a crash just the same. lol So in summary every one has the right to fly with what ever they can afford, and to throw, in this money pitt hobby that we have.

Oh and no flying today, it's raining here.
Amen to that, can't fly here either we have thick freezing fog .
Paul 1968 is offline Find More Posts by Paul 1968
Old Dec 13, 2012, 04:21 PM
Axes & Blades-Cutlery & Helis
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,374 Posts
sunny and cold but the temps were in the upper 30s, I decided to test fly my EXI500 CF, I took the HK TT off and replaced with a belt drive, I had bad vibes that I couldn't track down. With the belt drive she was baby bottom smoooooooooooth OMG what a joy to fly. I guess the TT had a bad bearing... Anyway, next project before Christmas is I have a KDS Flymentor I am getting ready to install on this heli and for the life of me I don't know why....I guess because I have it

I'm finding any reason not to start my scale project....it looks like allot of work for a lazy person oh well, almost the entire fleet is flying nicely I wish it wasn't soooooo cold
ewoodcox is offline Find More Posts by ewoodcox
Old Dec 15, 2012, 08:51 PM
Axes & Blades-Cutlery & Helis
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,374 Posts
took the EXI450Pro out for a test flight, after going over the head, lubing the bearings, making sure everything was tight, she flew perfect just like before the crash last summer took allot of tweaking but she is flying close to perfect.

Hope folks are getting air!!!!
ewoodcox is offline Find More Posts by ewoodcox
Old Dec 16, 2012, 01:44 AM
Joined Jan 2012
89 Posts
Just had a few flights with my copterx flybarless

CopterX CX 450AE V3 Flybarless Kit Practise with (CX-3X1000) (5 min 31 sec)

Sorry for my sloppy skills
rchobbyfly is offline Find More Posts by rchobbyfly
Old Dec 16, 2012, 04:15 AM
Semi Expert
United States, MA, Norton
Joined Aug 2012
285 Posts
You flew fine. Inverted & you were not all over the place. Good Job!
iflyhelis is offline Find More Posts by iflyhelis
Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:02 AM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
I got a few batteries through 130X (XP12A+HP08 one - cursed is still cursed - less than minute through first battery D gear slipped - LOL) and it flies (finally) nicely. Sorted out some vibes, replaced C gear (and CA it) and now is quite decent trainer (aside of occasional nervous 'wobble'). Had one battery through nano and now I know why leaving nano 6 days on cold (near freezing temperature) is not good for its canopy (got brittle and now it is broken) and ...

Four batteries through 250 (the biggest, most powerful heli I had today on the field! ). It does everything others can do (I can do with them) and a bit more. Even finished flying with nice 10m+ auto with it! (First 'proper' auto with 250 heli! WOW) Only trouble with that was occasional tail... insubordination - belt got stretched (and/or tail housing slightly loose) and belt started skipping... A bit. Didn't prevent me finished flying (piro flips - fine, finishing slow left pirouette back to tail in with wind behind me - not so fine). I am getting more and more confident with situations like that (autoing Protos after bringing it in from quite a distance without tail authority roughly two weeks ago) - definitively heading for a major crash! LOL
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky
Old Dec 16, 2012, 12:27 PM
kings lynn, norfolk uk
Joined Sep 2007
597 Posts
Just one flight today. Test flying the HK450pro tt with zyx flybarless. Flies awesome, so much better than my previous 450pro with flybar.
peter24 is offline Find More Posts by peter24
Old Dec 16, 2012, 12:58 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,743 Posts
I flew my Walkera ladybird does that count? I did change the canopy to the new Helimax one.
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 16, 2012, 01:51 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,969 Posts
Rain!

No chance today!

2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:57 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
I flew my Walkera ladybird does that count? I did change the canopy to the new Helimax one.
any airtime is good!

oh and yes i flew today. It's a beautiful day today here in the land of OZ. I took my 250 in the air and she was all good! just needs a bit oil.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 11:31 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,743 Posts
Quote:
any airtime is good!

oh and yes i flew today. It's a beautiful day today here in the land of OZ. I took my 250 in the air and she was all good! just needs a bit oil.
Thought you would be getting that 450 out
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 16, 2012, 11:37 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
Thought you would be getting that 450 out
Doing that tomo! I'm taking them all out
Old Dec 21, 2012, 07:33 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
I flew a couple of packs. I was worried about the end of the world. So I started to fly crazy and I crashed one of my Helis. Other than that it was a good day