HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 27, 2012, 01:51 PM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
Discussion
Needing help setting up Nano with DX7S

I have gone with the sugested setup in the Manual. I have a few questins #1 F-Mode switch has to be on #1 and not Zero but in instructins to bind it says ALL Switches to Zero.#2 i cannot figure out how to get this into Stunt mode (To get the collective working) My throttle stick is still acting as a throttle stick and not a pitch stick. Any help would be wonderfull

Mal
kushal_22 is offline Find More Posts by kushal_22
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2012, 09:34 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,316 Posts
You should ask people in this thread

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1719536
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Oct 28, 2012, 10:21 PM
Don't take any wooden nickels
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
2,355 Posts
I have a dx7s and a mcpx, pretty similar setup I imagine.

Is this heli new? Has it ever worked before with that tx? Is the tx new?

You mentioned your F-mode switch has to be on #1, why?

What are your pitch and throttle curves?

In the system setup screen I have (for the model I setup for the mcpx):
model type: heli
swash type: 1 servo
switch select: Fmode-Inhibit, hold- inhibit ( this might interfere with the other flight mode select switch, I don't know why the redundancy of this)
Fmode setup... Flight Mode: F-mode
Hold: Rudder DR

Main menu:
Throttle Cut: inhibit (set up your throttle hold in the thottle/pitch curve menus)

So, when you give it throttle stick, nothing on the head at all moves, just the motor powers up?

You might want to try to rebind it all together... there are different ways of binding, which did you use? I've heard of weird problems when something these heli's don't bind properly.

It's hard to tell without the heli in front of me what's it's doing and what it's not doing... hard to diagnose.
finguz is online now Find More Posts by finguz
Last edited by finguz; Oct 28, 2012 at 10:29 PM.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 05:13 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,460 Posts
Have you watched the setup part in this video?

Blade Nano CPX Consumer Review and Flight Test (12 min 33 sec)
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Oct 29, 2012, 05:23 PM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
let me see if i can get some photos of where pitch curves are...I don`t know if you have your Nano Manual but if so i set it up Per suggested for the DX7s
Old Oct 29, 2012, 05:54 PM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
Jasmine2501

Thanks this has helped me alot. I have one more question.how do you keep the motor going when u flick the throttle hold switch. I just don`t want to be flicking switches experimenting...easiest way to break a heli....Im thinking F-Mode? oh and when i crash in CP mode which switch or button do i push

Thanks
Mal
Old Oct 29, 2012, 06:16 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushal_22 View Post
Jasmine2501

Thanks this has helped me alot. I have one more question.how do you keep the motor going when u flick the throttle hold switch. I just don`t want to be flicking switches experimenting...easiest way to break a heli....Im thinking F-Mode? oh and when i crash in CP mode which switch or button do i push

Thanks
Mal
Well, you can be sure that your throttle hold switch is working (it drives the throttle channel to zero regardless of the other controls) by checking the servo monitor without having the helicopter turned on. When the switch is activated, you should be able to move the throttle stick all around and the other controls, and the throttle signal should stay pegged at zero on the monitor. If that is happening, then you can safely find your zero pitch point as shown in the video. If that scares you, you can also unplug the motor, but it's easy to damage those little plugs so I don't advise that method. This helicopter doesn't have a lot of power - if it starts up unexpectedly it won't kill your dog, so don't worry about it too much.

When you crash, get in the habit of putting the throttle hold switch ON - to kill the motor. There's basically three flight modes available on your DX7s - HOLD mode, Flight mode 0, and Flight mode 1.

Each of those flight modes has a pitch curve and a throttle curve - for the HOLD mode, the "throttle curve" is just a single value (you should set it to 0), while in the other two modes the curve has 5 points you can set however you want.

IF you have set your throttle curve to go to zero at low stick, then we call that "normal mode" and if your throttle curve stays up through the entire stick range, we call that "idle-up" or "stunt" mode. But until you enter those curves, they are just FM0 and FM1.

I bring that up because if you are a beginner, I think it would be wise to set up both of your flight modes to be normal modes, with one slightly more aggressive than the other, and don't bother to set up a stunt mode until you are ready for it. That has been very helpful for my buddy - he starts out hovering in FM0 which is a very tame setup, then after he gets into it for a few minutes, he switches to the FM1 which is still a normal mode, but it's more aggressive with higher head speeds and higher rates. You can do that on a DX7s - set up FM0 to be a slow speed normal mode with lots of expo and reduced rates, and set up FM1 to be higher speed with less expo and full rates.

People get stuck in the idea that they have to set up a stunt mode - you don't have to do that.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 06:18 PM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
ok i think i got it (what a little reading in your Manual can do eh?) I did find the Throttle cut and put that to the bind/Trainer button....but it sounds like i dont need that? Also you said three flight modes? What switch would that be on? I am going back to read manual but who knows if i will figure that one out

Mal
Last edited by kushal_22; Oct 29, 2012 at 06:27 PM.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 06:41 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,460 Posts
Well there's three modes because one of the modes is "any time the throttle hold switch is on"

The other two modes happen with that switch off, and you switch between them with the flight mode switch. I don't know which one that is on the DX7S but it should be labeled... Should also be on the left side
Old Oct 29, 2012, 06:56 PM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
So i am using TWO Switches then yes? Hold Switch and the F-mode switch. Correct?

Mal
Old Oct 29, 2012, 07:01 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,460 Posts
Yeah. Typically this is what I do...

1. Turn on the radio wait for it to initialize then turn the throttle hold switch ON, to lock throttle signal at zero.
2. Initialize the helicopter
3. Make sure my FM switch is in position 0
4. Turn off the throttle hold switch
5. Throttle up to fly
6. I usually switch to stunt mode in the air with this bird
7. Whatever mode I'm in, I use that to land the helicopter
8. I turn throttle hold ON, so I can safely unplug the battery in case I bump the stick

That describes a flight using all three modes. I don't do it exactly like that on all my helicopters, but on most of them that method works. My big helis I just fly in stunt mode all the time and use the throttle hold switch to turn them on and off.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 08:38 PM
Don't take any wooden nickels
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
2,355 Posts
Throttle cut is for nitros, I would inhibit it all together. Find out how set up throttle hold instead. I had a little confusion about this when I first got my dx7s.

Set your thottle hold position (and the pitch you wanna use while in throttle hold) in your throttle/pitch curves menu under 'H'. (you'll see N-I-H).
finguz is online now Find More Posts by finguz
Old Oct 30, 2012, 01:35 AM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
ok I got everything running EXCEPT (I think it ic called throttle hold) I can get my blades to move in Pitch i just cannot figured out how to get them to spin while in collective(Stunt)
I really appreciate you guys helping me out.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 01:43 AM
United States, CA, Livermore
Joined Apr 2012
19 Posts
hey man i had the same issue. it was a dumb mistake on my part. hold the scroller when you turn on to get to your sub menu for that model. go to Fmode and make sure f mode is in f mode and hold is on the hold setting. also make sure your hold throttle setting is at 100% that will do it.
steiger117 is offline Find More Posts by steiger117
Old Oct 30, 2012, 07:55 AM
Incurable heli addict
Southern Ohio
Joined Mar 2009
1,340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushal_22 View Post
ok I got everything running EXCEPT (I think it ic called throttle hold) I can get my blades to move in Pitch i just cannot figured out how to get them to spin while in collective(Stunt)
I really appreciate you guys helping me out.
throttle hold is meant to prevent the motor from running....Yours is working right.

You fly with the throttle hold OFF.

On your flight mode switch...
0 is normal mode
1 is stunt mode one
2 is stunt mode two

Set the throttle curve for normal mode to 0-25-50-75-100
Set the throttle curve for stunt mode one to 85-85-85-85-85
Set the throttle curve for stunt mode two to 100-100-100-100-100

Report back after doing this.
McKrackin is offline Find More Posts by McKrackin