HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 24, 2012, 08:40 PM
Twisted Do Nut!
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carr52 View Post
The hobby shop where I got my DX6i is just the opposite. I asked how to use the Tx and the guy didn't know. He said he just sells the stuff. I have to learn everything on a trial and error basis, but its working so far. It just cost more to learn. Mistakes are expensive. Thats why I like this forum everyone is very helpful. Thanks all.

Tom
At least he sold the Tx to you. One of the shops in my area has guys that don't even want to be bothered. Needless to say I don't go there anymore.
KamikazePilot is offline Find More Posts by KamikazePilot
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 26, 2012, 11:56 AM
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
Joined Jan 2004
640 Posts
Curious if an eflite park 300 on 3s with 8x4.3 would be enough umph for the pitts. The recommended combo is out of stock and I have one laying around.
pylot2b is offline Find More Posts by pylot2b
Old Jul 26, 2012, 11:58 AM
Extremely Twisted
United States, NH, Epping
Joined Oct 2005
2,654 Posts
If the specs for that motor are accurate then it should work fine. Go for it!
cwojcik is offline Find More Posts by cwojcik
Old Jul 26, 2012, 01:00 PM
My hovercraft is full of eels.
USA, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2009
3,420 Posts
I've flown foamies much heavier than the Crack Pitts with a Park 300 on 3S. It will be more than enough power. If its the 1380 KV version, you could prop up to a 9x4.7 or even a 10" prop and fly it on 2S.
SD One. is offline Find More Posts by SD One.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 01:09 PM
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
Joined Jan 2004
640 Posts
I am not sure what kv I have. I get home tomorrow from being out of town. I will probably pull the trigger on one this afternoon. Thanks for all the responses!
pylot2b is offline Find More Posts by pylot2b
Old Jul 26, 2012, 03:19 PM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
I really don't have any real 3D skill right now, looking to learn. Would this plane being durable enough for me to learn on? I can hover for a bit and can do snap rolls but that is about it.
IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt
Old Jul 26, 2012, 03:21 PM
Suspended Account
United States, VA, Ashburn
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Anything made of EPP is grea for learning 3D because of durability. You will have ground encounters and these planes just bounce.
RCAddict16 is offline Find More Posts by RCAddict16
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 26, 2012, 03:22 PM
Extremely Twisted
United States, NH, Epping
Joined Oct 2005
2,654 Posts
This, or any of the 32" TH/RCF models is great to learn 3D with.
cwojcik is offline Find More Posts by cwojcik
Old Jul 26, 2012, 03:27 PM
Bedford, Mass. USA
Joined Dec 2007
386 Posts
I've ripped and torn mine quite a few times and it's still flying as good as day one... with a minor twist or two. Just have some Welders in the car and keep patching it up and you will have a ball and learn very fast!
javabeans is offline Find More Posts by javabeans
Old Jul 26, 2012, 08:02 PM
3d addict
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined May 2011
1,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMatt View Post
I really don't have any real 3D skill right now, looking to learn. Would this plane being durable enough for me to learn on? I can hover for a bit and can do snap rolls but that is about it.
I had no 3d skills when I bought mine and it's now my favorite airplane. Anything i can smack on the ground bounce off of light poles cartwheel across the parking lot and get stuck in trees and keep on flying it like it didn't happen is the way to go. Few minor tears in the foam but nothing that has kept me from flying it some more. Bit o glue later and it's fine. Actually ordered an extra slick to go with my Pitts the other day since the TH planes are so great.
Aaeolien is offline Find More Posts by Aaeolien
Old Jul 26, 2012, 08:19 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,466 Posts
These last few posts make me feel better -- I am probably an 'low to average' sport pilot whose experience is pretty much limited to some EDFs and parkflyer warbirds, so I was wondering if I bit off more than I could chew when I ordered this as my first 3D ship. Glad to hear someone with no prior 3D experience can hopefully get this guy airborne and have some fun while 'learning by doing'.

I am starting to put it together tonight, so far I have the spars in and the electronics sorted. Looks like it is well done kit and all the pieces are there. Nice to have both the pdf manual and the video on the Twisted site to go by!

I may have to take a break and finish it tomorrow though, since my build table is in the den, and ventilation is not too great, so don't want to get all headachey from the Welder's for tomorrow!
tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Jul 26, 2012, 08:26 PM
3d addict
Joined May 2011
1,038 Posts
My father was a 3d rookie as well. I got him one for fathers day and he loves it. You really can't go wrong with it at all. And on low rates it'll make a great pattern sport flyer till you are ready to crank it up to the high and go crazy. I've only been flying mine for about 2 months and been flying it on high rates for most of it since its such a joy to fly.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 09:41 PM
Twisted Do Nut!
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,482 Posts
All the TH planes are great. Before the planes I have now, I was flying micros and a few leadfeather yak55s. It wasn't until I got the Crack Yak that I started trying the 3d stuff. Still playing around and praticing, it's most fun I've had since I got back into flying.
Aaeolien congrats on getting the extra slick. You'll like it...though you might need more batts.
KamikazePilot is offline Find More Posts by KamikazePilot
Old Jul 26, 2012, 10:26 PM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
Thanks guys I will order one up!
IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt
Old Jul 26, 2012, 11:44 PM
3d addict
Joined May 2011
1,038 Posts
Lol yeah probably going to order a few more batteries. I have a dozen here that I can charge at 5c but being able to fly into the night I may run short even charging them back to back to back. Hahha.