HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 13, 2012, 04:10 PM
United Kingdom, Wales, Isle of Anglesey
Joined Jan 2012
84 Posts
All these "forget the MCPX the 130 is where it's at" stuff will be good to look back at when TT gears are out of stock and everyone is flying their MCPX again.
Dilatory is offline Find More Posts by Dilatory
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 13, 2012, 04:22 PM
jbb
Joined May 2006
210 Posts
+1
my LHSs', no mcpx blades, batteries
no 120sr blades
no msrx blade grips most of the time, and waited weeks for skids...

what's the point, LHS?
jbb is offline Find More Posts by jbb
Old Apr 13, 2012, 04:36 PM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
It's not just LHS with the problem. The UK has been in a mcpx skid drought for what seems like a life time. You get pretty good at repairing them to stretch there life out. Gona look into getting some of these unbreakable ones shipped to the UK.

Got my board back from Bobs workshop with brushless conversion. So glad I didn't try to solder it myself, those joints are tiny. Not had time to get it fitted into a frame yet though, hopefully tomorrow.
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Apr 13, 2012, 05:33 PM
EDF Junkie
Pacific Northwest
Joined Oct 2007
1,496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilatory View Post
All these "forget the MCPX the 130 is where it's at" stuff will be good to look back at when TT gears are out of stock and everyone is flying their MCPX again.
I think there was only one person that said the 130 is where it's at.
NwRcFlight is offline Find More Posts by NwRcFlight
Old Apr 13, 2012, 07:48 PM
USA, CA, Cardiff-by-the-Sea
Joined Nov 2005
1,926 Posts
I'm trying to replace a FET on an old fried board but the trace where the bottom left pin goes is gone. Does anyone know an alternate location on the board where i can run a wire to the bottom left FET pin? the top and bonntom right pins are obvious where they go but I cannot tell at all where the bottom left trace went.

EDIT: I got it... I hooked up an ohm meter to a good board.. I'm going to try to repair this shot board... If anyone is interested I'll post some pics of alternate traces to connect a tail motor FET. Might make it easier for anyone without a tiny low wattage soldering iron and / or shakey hands / bad eyes. I found some nice big pads you can solder to and run wires.
sideburn is online now Find More Posts by sideburn
Last edited by sideburn; Apr 13, 2012 at 08:52 PM.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 08:15 PM
Slowly but Shirley
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Jan 2009
1,616 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynldgalano View Post
just flew my bird outside, i thought its all my batteries is the problem, finallii'de sollved it, the gyro is really the problem. any idea guys in what is the default and exact setting or rate on it? anyway it fly great again.
Hey in Trav/adj the Gyro is 100 % and in Gyro section in the DX6i is 0 % at position 0 and 0 % at position 1. Good Luck and Best Regards.
segroegt is offline Find More Posts by segroegt
Old Apr 13, 2012, 08:23 PM
Slowly but Shirley
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Jan 2009
1,616 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbb View Post
+1
my LHSs', no mcpx blades, batteries
no 120sr blades
no msrx blade grips most of the time, and waited weeks for skids...

what's the point, LHS?
Wow I live north of the action but I got 3 LHS full of parts and even upgrade parts from Microheli . Today I purchase the MCPX straight blades I know they are out of stock up to Cali. but my LHS had 4 sets left. So I guess it is all in the hands of the LHS. If one is out maybe the other 2 have the part. So good luck to you and tell me if you will be moving north so I can get some parts LOL. Best Regards.
segroegt is offline Find More Posts by segroegt
Old Apr 13, 2012, 09:47 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
17,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by minirotor View Post
Forget the MCPX

The Blade 130X is the GO now
They had these on display at Toledo today.
Looks nice. Not as durable looking as the MCPx, but they said it was quite tough, as long as you did not crash tail boom first.

Shaft drive tail, so no more blowouts

Pat MacKenzie
pmackenzie is offline Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Apr 13, 2012, 09:48 PM
Project Tormentor is flying!
United States, WA, White Salmon
Joined Nov 2005
2,066 Posts
So I installed the Microheli solid main shaft and now the heli just doesn't seem to climb out like it should. I punch it and it just climbs slowly, without the motor making the normal "bogging" down sound and aggressive climbout the way it used to. I'm fairly certain its because I'm not getting full pitch at full stick, but how can that be? I didn't change any settings anywhere.
The only thing I can think is that the Microheli main shaft collar isn't in the the correct location. Should I try sliding it farther up? Or can I fix this by the three ball links on the servos? Or do it through programming in the Dx6i maybe?

Advice? Thoughts? Random rambling? (ok, maybe no random rambling until AFTER I get an answer, LOL)
philthyy is offline Find More Posts by philthyy
Old Apr 13, 2012, 09:57 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie View Post
They had these on display at Toledo today.
Looks nice. Not as durable looking as the MCPx, but they said it was quite tough, as long as you did not crash tail boom first.

Shaft drive tail, so no more blowouts

Pat MacKenzie
Why didn't they install a slipper clutch on the tail like the smart V120D02S owners use?

They waiting for me to make them?? OK how much are you guys willing to pay to have no more worries about breaking the tail drive system.. Like the smart D02S owners enjoy?

Do you need the slipper clutch DIY test...wmv (2 min 7 sec)
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Apr 13, 2012, 10:11 PM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
United States, GA, Buford
Joined Nov 2007
6,525 Posts
like a boss... I just have to get rid of that toy-like canopy and get some black blades.
boredom.is.me is offline Find More Posts by boredom.is.me
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RFD900 Case
Old Apr 13, 2012, 10:12 PM
Joined Nov 2005
2,066 Posts
I am extremely interested in this heli, but I'm worried about tail gear breakage. Livonia bob, if you make the slipper clutch, I'll buy it!
Old Apr 13, 2012, 10:27 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by philthyy View Post
I am extremely interested in this heli, but I'm worried about tail gear breakage. Livonia bob, if you make the slipper clutch, I'll buy it!
Looking at the picture of the tail I might be able to make one.. But I would have to buy one to do the testing on.. And that's a lot of money for another 120 size heli.. I guess I could charge enough for the slipper clutch to recover the cost.. You Blade guys are known to be the big spenders around here. Unlike the Walkera guys that are always after the best value for their buck...
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Apr 13, 2012, 10:39 PM
Joined Nov 2005
2,066 Posts
Livionia bob, what is your paypal?
Old Apr 13, 2012, 10:40 PM
Joined Nov 2005
2,066 Posts
And does anybody have any advice/help/suggestions on my pitch problem on my Mcpx?