HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 31, 2012, 04:58 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by empeabee View Post
Oh Poor old FC, no one understands you and your desire to serve the world.
ike

I hope this is not what I have to look forward to when getting old. Reasonswhy I got a Keychain cam 808 to soar high and capture moments

Mtz I do not think we will se a power fix in this model possibly in versiont3 in the works 2013.
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 31, 2012, 05:16 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman3 View Post
Tom Frank, i got my #16 today and downloaded the new loader and firmware. It was very easy to do thank to your setup tool. I have tried to take some indoor videos and I am so far very happy with this cam. Very easy to use and the videos is pretty good. I cant wait to put this on a plane and take some aerial videos now that i have it setup with a class 10 16gb card. Thank you for the effort you have put into this, making the use of this cam like childsplay.
To give credit where credit is due, it's Isoprop's GUI program, not mine. That makes this camera's many user toggle accessible and changeable with the click of a mouse button! I just try to help with planning suggestions, follow-up testing, and keeping this thread updated and focused on the main topic of aerial video.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Oct 31, 2012, 05:21 PM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
4,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
I hope this is not what I have to look forward to when getting old. Reasonswhy I got a Keychain cam 808 to soar high and capture moments

Mtz I do not think we will se a power fix in this model possibly in versiont3 in the works 2013.
Oh, can you list the advances we can expect in V3 in '13 ?? ?
1. Will it be in the same case, or a new GOPRO type case ?
2 LCD view finder ??
3. more buttons ?
4. will it have a better battery?
5. what new features are planned?
6. what is the release time-line ??
7 Are you personally fixing all the unstable parts of the F/W

Come one Fishy, don't be shy, give us the real stuff, don't hide your managerial skills under a bushel we need detail so we can plan our budgets.

Or are you bound by a Non Disclosure Agreement wit The Developer?

ike
( didnt see any of this on your thread - it seems a litle slow there at the moment.
empeabee is offline Find More Posts by empeabee
Old Oct 31, 2012, 05:28 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by empeabee View Post
Oh, can you list the advances we can expect in V3 in '13 ?? ?
1. Will it be in the same case, or a new GOPRO type case ?
2 LCD view finder ??
3. more buttons ?
4. will it have a better battery?
5. what new features are planned?
6. what is the release time-line ??
7 Are you personally fixing all the unstable parts of the F/W

Come one Fishy, don't be shy, give us the real stuff, don't hide your managerial skills under a bushel we need detail so we can plan our budgets.

Or are you bound by a Non Disclosure Agreement wit The Developer?

ike
( didnt see any of this on your thread - it seems a litle slow there at the moment.
Do you see this camera not improving beyond version 2?
Old Oct 31, 2012, 05:31 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtz View Post
If the developer is working on some new firmware I hope to check if the camera is working OK when external charger is connected.
From what I read in this thread, when the charger is connected and the battery is full, the camera will use only the power from the external source.
Because my battery died in just 2 weeks I suspect something is wrong with this procedure. In theory, if using external source for recording, the battery should live more.
If external source amperage is bigger than the power needed by recording+power needed to charge the battery, should be no problems.
Also the developer must check this type of connection to not have more bricked cards. I wrote in some previous post how I see this procedure.
The charging amps was limited (according to the developer) to about 140 mA a long time ago to be kinder to the battery. This is why it can take as much a 2+ hours to fully charge the 250 mAh battery from a fully discharged state. The camera comsumes about 300 mA (based on prior testing results by others) when recording. And the charge circuit does not "deliver" amps if the recipient does not "require" it!. So, it's not logical that the charge circuit is doing anything to the camera or the SD card from an over-amped condition. Not to say there might be something else going on with some cards. Sandisk has told me there is a "mechanical" issue with their cards that caused one of mine to be toggled into a read-only state, for which they gladly replaced the bricked card. I've not had the same issue with an identical card, so I'm still not convinced the root cause of "read-only" card failures has been isolated.
Last edited by Tom Frank; Oct 31, 2012 at 09:35 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Oct 31, 2012, 05:34 PM
Joined Oct 2012
2 Posts
#16 does not record

I need help with my almost new #16 Camera. Did work fine but now does not record at all. When turned on, have red LED that turns steady yellow and shutter button has no effect. Tried new TF card with no change. Does not connect to computer. Is it time to buy a new one or does someone know how to correct this problem?

Thanks, Paul
PAUL MICHAELS is offline Find More Posts by PAUL MICHAELS
Old Oct 31, 2012, 05:41 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Tom sorry I was talking about flying, and grabbing footage with the Keycam and super cub. too much detail confuses ya. and I did what you requested. Peace.
Nothing could be FURTHER from the truth. As an engineer, I NEED details to understand what you are saying in your posts. You NEVER said anything about posting AV video in your recent post here about the hurricane damage. Your recent posts have been "walking tours" of the NYC subway and streets that many might find entertailing, but it's off topic in an AV thread! The problem with most of your posts is LACK OF detail, or incomprehensible "thumb texting" from a something other than a keyboard. AND, it' is getting Very, Very, Very old! Please stop. What part of that sentence do you NOT understand!
Old Oct 31, 2012, 05:47 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL MICHAELS View Post
I need help with my almost new #16 Camera. Did work fine but now does not record at all. When turned on, have red LED that turns steady yellow and shutter button has no effect. Tried new TF card with no change. Does not connect to computer. Is it time to buy a new one or does someone know how to correct this problem?

Thanks, Paul
Try:
1. Powering the camera with the external car charger cord. Test again.
2. Try pushing the rest buttom, Test again.
3. Try a different USB cable. Test again
4. Try un-plugging the battery for a minute then reconnect. Test again.

Report back your findings.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 05:53 PM
Luis Claudio - Rio - Brazil
Brasil, RJ, Rio de Janeiro
Joined Apr 2005
2,449 Posts
Hi friends,

Could you please post an ebay seller for this #16 ? I want one for me!

Thank you!
Luis
Luis_Claudio is offline Find More Posts by Luis_Claudio
Old Oct 31, 2012, 05:56 PM
The lunatic is on the grass
Joined Aug 2008
4,918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis_Claudio View Post
Hi friends,

Could you please post an ebay seller for this #16 ? I want one for me!

Thank you!
Luis

Did you read the first page?

You haven't have you ...well then check here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...13&postcount=2
ridgewalker is offline Find More Posts by ridgewalker
Last edited by ridgewalker; Oct 31, 2012 at 06:02 PM.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 06:06 PM
Luis Claudio - Rio - Brazil
Brasil, RJ, Rio de Janeiro
Joined Apr 2005
2,449 Posts
I did dear friend, but as this thread has more than a year I thought there were more selleres...

But I found:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-DVR-808...item2a2102bb65

Correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgewalker View Post

Did you read the first page?

You haven't have you ...well then check here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...13&postcount=2
Luis_Claudio is offline Find More Posts by Luis_Claudio
Old Oct 31, 2012, 06:06 PM
Mtz
Romania, PH, Ploiesti
Joined Mar 2012
552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
The charging amps was limited (according to the developer) to about 140 mA a long time ago to be kinder to the battery. This is why it can take as much a 2+ hours to fully charge the 250 mAh battery from a fully discharged state. The camera comsums about 300 mA (based on prior testing results by others) when recording. And the charge circuit does not "deliver" amps if the recipient does not "require" it!. So, it's not logical that the charge circuit is doing anything to the camera or the SD card from an over-amped condition. Not to say there might be something else going on with some cards. Sandisk has told me there is a "mechanical" issue with their cards that caused one of mine to be toggled into a read-only state, for which they gladly replaced the bricked card. I've not had the same issue with an identical card, so I'm still not convinced the root cause of "read-only" card failures has been isolated.
I think the charging is working OK. But...
Recently, there are some „coincidences” like: the swedish user blue ghost low light bug (also I have this bug), the swedish user bricked card (also I had 3 damaged cards), my too early damaged battery (waiting for the swedish user or another users to announce this, if will happen).
This is the reason I suspect something strange in the charging firmware code. Or some lower quality electronic component from the PCB and/or some lower quality lenses and/or batteries.
I have the feeling that something is not working as it should. I hope the problems to be solved with a firmware fix, not hardware.
Mtz is offline Find More Posts by Mtz
Old Oct 31, 2012, 06:07 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
[QUOTE=Tom Frank;23150199]Nothing could be FURTHER from the truth. As an engineer, I NEED details to understand what you are saying in your posts. You NEVER said anything about posting AV video in your recent post here about the hurricane damage. Your recent posts have been "QUOTE]

Because I was not in a discussion with you, correct? I was with lee and you assume. end, I need not explain every single detail to you.. Moveingforward.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 06:12 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis_Claudio View Post
I did dear friend, but as this thread has more than a year I thought there were more selleres...

But I found:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-DVR-808...item2a2102bb65

Correct?
There are a good number of sellers to choose from, the two are posted and dedicated to this thread. there were five sellers here. That are removed. They no longer are posted.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 06:14 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL MICHAELS View Post

Thanks, Paul
Two things to look at:

1 In house format. will clear what is on the sd card, some cards need to say hello to the cam.

2 reverting to an older fw, and back to the fw?

those are two other choices to do?

Keep us all posted
Last edited by fishycomics; Oct 31, 2012 at 06:22 PM.