HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by banana hobby, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 04:59 PM
I'd rather be flying
United States, NY, Saratoga Springs
Joined Jan 2009
1,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy BH CSR View Post
Good afternoon baddb1.

I see here that you purchased the Starmax F-5E. I would like to know if the throttle stick and trim set to the lowest down position before the aircraft was powered on. Was the battery fully charged? Can you check the connection from the ESC to motor making sure that it is secure as well? If everything checks out and the ESC/motor is still not responding, you may want to reprogram the ESC. Please do be careful as I do not want the jet to take off on you and keep me posted.

Sincerely,
Nancy
Yes throttle was set at lowest setting and even trimmed down. 2 different batteries were tried. I checked plugs on motor and they seem ok. When I tried the spare ESC I had,, it worked fine with that motor. ESC will not let me enter the program mode. Just no response at all from ESC. You didn't mention it but I also need the left hand stab/elevator. I have sent emails to BH directly too but have gotten no response...
baddb1 is online now Find More Posts by baddb1
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2013, 11:59 AM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
I have read all the reviews regarding missing items in Banana Hobby orders. Up until now I just wrote them off. Now it seems Banana Hobby has caught up with even me!. I wanted some spare parts for my new SU35. I made two orders 1 had a extra motor as well as a extra fan kit. I received this order in full. The second order however was a different story however. I ordered 3 extra servos for the SU35 I received the 3 servos in the mail. On close examination however I noticed something obvious missing I think they should have noticed it missing as well. In one of the sealed servo baggys there was a servo but NO ARMS OR HARDWARE!. You would think they would have noticed the bag being clear as it is and the 17g servo isn't exactly hard to see. I wonder if they will send me the needed hardware for this servo? Their response will make my mind up weather to buy from them again. Here is the video link-
VID00443 (0 min 47 sec)
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 18, 2013, 10:36 PM
MichiganRCflyer
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Nov 2012
128 Posts
Anyone use Du-Bro E/Z (845) connectors on the pushrods to replace the stock ones?
bunkx9 is offline Find More Posts by bunkx9
Old Jan 19, 2013, 04:40 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsworthy View Post
I have read all the reviews regarding missing items in Banana Hobby orders. Up until now I just wrote them off. Now it seems Banana Hobby has caught up with even me!. I wanted some spare parts for my new SU35. I made two orders 1 had a extra motor as well as a extra fan kit. I received this order in full. The second order however was a different story however. I ordered 3 extra servos for the SU35 I received the 3 servos in the mail. On close examination however I noticed something obvious missing I think they should have noticed it missing as well. In one of the sealed servo Baggies there was a servo but NO ARMS OR HARDWARE!. You would think they would have noticed the bag being clear as it is and the 17g servo isn't exactly hard to see. I wonder if they will send me the needed hardware for this servo? Their response will make my mind up weather to buy from them again. Here is the video link- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM69q...ature=youtu.be
As you may know, Banana Hobby does a good Quality check on all parts BEFORE shipping!. What is funny about this is this expensive servo is in a CLEAR SEE THROUGH BAG!. I wonder if my order was packed when the worker had a blindfold on??. I sent a message to them about this but so far all I am getting back is static. I guess I will have to just buy another one at my expense. I guess its all for good as I was planing on buying a $300.00 airplane from their store this week. I guess this could turn out to be a cheap lesson for me.
VID00443 (0 min 47 sec)
Last edited by goldsworthy; Jan 21, 2013 at 09:58 AM.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:05 AM
Joined Jan 2013
3 Posts
charade

Pete, you are a farce. You send these posts as if you actually care about customer service. All you care about is making money. That is why you sell defective, untested products and then completely fail your customers when they try to get help from your company. This is what happened to me. Live and learn. What I do know is that karma can be a very angry bitch...and I suspect she will be paying you a visit.
Surfdoc
surfdoc is offline Find More Posts by surfdoc
Old Jan 20, 2013, 12:39 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
As you may know, Banana Hobby does a good Quality check on all parts BEFORE shipping!. What is funny about this is this expensive servo is in a CLEAR SEE THROUGH BAG!. I wonder if my order was packed when the worker had a blindfold on??. I sent a message to them about this but so far all I am getting back is static. I guess I will have to just buy another one at my expense. I guess its all for good as I was planing on buying a $300.00 airplane from their store this week. I guess this could turn out to be a cheap lesson for me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM69q...ature=youtu.be
I still have not heard anything regarding this video problem. How do you defend sending a servo in a clear sealed bag to a customer and not notice the main parts missing in the CLEAR BAG? To me the video speaks many words about the customer service, as well as ordering filling at Banna Hobby!. I still need a $300.00 plane but am holding off buying it from BH untill this small matter is taken care of. I hope I dont become too old to fly waiting.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 01:10 PM
United States, MO, Grandview
Joined Feb 2012
111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy BH CSR View Post
Hello pilots.

This is just a reminder.
To obtain a quicker response, you can also send me a direct email at bhlccsr16@bananahobby.com and I will be able to see it once I am in the office.

Sincerely,
Nancy
Quote:
I still have not heard anything regarding this video problem. How do you defend sending a servo in a clear sealed bag to a customer and not notice the main parts missing in the CLEAR BAG? To me the video speaks many words about the customer service, as well as ordering filling at Banna Hobby!. I still need a $300.00 plane but am holding off buying it from BH untill this small matter is taken care of. I hope I dont become too old to fly waiting.
You can try this email for possibly faster response. So far they have always made it right with me but I have had a problem with the order filling almost every time I order from them due to careless mistakes, like back to back orders sending me arf instead of rtf and kit instead of arf etc... I have tried to explain to them in the past that if they take a little more care in getting the shipment right the first time they would A) have more satisfied customers and B) save themselves money on resending shipments back and forth.

And thanks again bh support I did get my correct Spirt Glider the other day.
Matt
mstopps is offline Find More Posts by mstopps
Old Jan 21, 2013, 09:53 AM
Joined Jan 2013
28 Posts
Banana Hobby Customer Support Case # 00051071 [ ref:_00DU0JfEC._500U06I6Gt:ref ]

Can someone at BHCS provide me with a status update please?

Banana Hobby Customer Support Case # 00051071 [ ref:_00DU0JfEC._500U06I6Gt:ref ]

It deals with replacing an inoperable elevator servo for my Freewing/BlitzRC Works Star Trainer (orig order# 22436-121221 ). The servo cranked over to 90degrees and locked up once the ESC gave it's initializing tones. I tried the rudder servo in the elevator channel, and it responds to stick input, so I know it's not the receiver. As mentioned to Jose in BHCS, battery was fully charged, Tx turned on first, then battery was plugged in.

Jose was going to submmit a request to ship out a replacement, but that was a week ago and I haven't heard or seen any ship notification yet.

Thanks, in advance, for your help.
flyingfish31 is offline Find More Posts by flyingfish31
Old Jan 21, 2013, 09:57 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingfish31 View Post
Can someone at BHCS provide me with a status update please?

It deals with replacing an inoperable elevator servo for my Freewing/Blitz RC Works Star Trainer (orig order# 22436-121221 ). The servo cranked over to 90degrees and locked up once the ESC gave it's initializing tones. I tried the rudder servo in the elevator channel, and it responds to stick input, so I know it's not the receiver. As mentioned to Jose in BHCS, battery was fully charged, Tx turned on first, then battery was plugged in.

Jose was going to submit a request to ship out a replacement, but that was a week ago and I haven't heard or seen any ship notification yet.

Thanks, in advance, for your help.
Do I hear a echo in the room? I am sure they will hear ok when you send more money! wakes em right up!
Old Jan 21, 2013, 09:59 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
As you may know, Banana Hobby does a good Quality check on all parts BEFORE shipping!. What is funny about this is this expensive servo is in a CLEAR SEE THROUGH BAG!. I wonder if my order was packed when the worker had a blindfold on??. I sent a message to them about this but so far all I am getting back is static. I guess I will have to just buy another one at my expense. I guess its all for good as I was planing on buying a $300.00 airplane from their store this week. I guess this could turn out to be a cheap lesson for me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM69q...ature=youtu.be
I still dont get a response! I wish to buy a $300.00 plane today but I am also looking for after sale support. Will I find it at Banana Hobby?. It sure would be ashame for them to loose a $300.00 sale over .55 worth of servo arms!
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:39 PM
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Aug 2012
1,273 Posts
It's still chineese new years....try back in 6 weeks ( they a physicaly not in china...Just celebrating it here)

Or Perhaps the reason no one will reply to you is...They are having a meeting to Improve their Customer Service...all the employees are attending it ...So your experiance will be a happy 1.

Besides...it's only been 7 days since BH has responded to someone!! Just be Paitent....
Weed89 is offline Find More Posts by Weed89
Last edited by Weed89; Jan 22, 2013 at 07:09 PM.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:55 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weed89 View Post
It's still chinese new years....try back in 6 weeks
Banana Hobby is in China?
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:47 PM
Warbird Fanatic
United States, PA, Coraopolis
Joined Jun 2012
274 Posts
I have been waiting for BH to get a part for one of my jets in stock for a few months. I got an email that it was in from them and went to the web site to order it. It is a very tiny electronic part (gyro)that could not weigh an ounce, and measures maybe 1" X 1" with two small servo wires about an inch long coming from it. It could easily fit inside a regular sized envelope. The part was $20.90, that I knew----Shipping was $16.33!!!! I just had an ARF 1000mmWS plane sent to me from Washington State UPS for about the same price and box and all it weighed out at 5.9 lbs.
Hopefully there was something wrong with the calculation.
Nancy or Sebastion, can either of you sort this out. Is it really over $16 to ship this tiny little part?
jchtr3a is offline Find More Posts by jchtr3a
Old Jan 24, 2013, 07:54 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
NOTE! I just got a E Mail from Banana Hobby customer service. They saw my video and are considering replacing my missing parts.They stated that they could not give me a shipping date, but will try to ship ASAP. I will remember to give them my new address when I move to a nursing home and am blind. I bit the bullet and just paid for another expensive servo and it shipped the same day. Its amazing how the part is readily available when you send money, but hard to find when its a RMA.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 07:30 PM
Customer Support
United States, CA, Irwindale
Joined Nov 2010
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by itskoz View Post
Hi nancy, finally your returning info and for that I am very thankfull.. I appreciate the answer back and the results and thank you..

Could you please give me a reply to this question..
For the past years of the toledo RC show at the seagate center in toledo ohio we have yet to see Banana Hobby present or represented at any of the shows..
The show draws thousands of buyers and dealers during its 3 day run and the number one question on the floor is WHY DOESNT BANANA HOBBY COME TO THIS SHOW TO SELL AND SHOW OFF ITS GOODS LIKE IT DOES IN ONTARIO CALIFORNIA?

All we get is the big boys like great planes-horrizon hobby-hobby lobby-nitroplanes-castle-and others... NO BANANA HOBBY..... WHY is that and could you please make an effort to be at this years show. It is a guarantee that you will sell lots of merchandise along with letting everyone know of you and your Merchandise. Why do you think nitroplanes is there every year? How about passing the word to your gang out there to come join ours out here?
Good afternoon itskoz.
You are welcome as I am happy to assist you. For a faster response, you can also email me at bhlccsr16@bananahobby.com.
Regarding the Toledo RC Show happening in April, I did forward the information. Unfortunately, the decision is out of my hands. However, we are attending another Expo (RCX Expo) in July down in Long Beach, California. If you are in town, come check us out.
- Nancy
Nancy BH CSR is offline Find More Posts by Nancy BH CSR