HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 07, 2014, 11:38 AM
Editor, RCCA
Joined Nov 2004
3,191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyit29 View Post
Thanks Dwayne, I got one of the expensive plastic ones coming from Amazon, and am "reserved" on Tower.
At least the one you'll be getting is the newer piece that has more bracing. I ordered a few back in February from an Amazon store at $13.88 a piece so I'd have spares. I had broken one of the edi.winter-designed ones from Shapeways -- that was painful! The new TT parts are stronger and definitely less prone to twisting that the original part.
Guidoracer is offline Find More Posts by Guidoracer
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2014, 12:52 PM
RCMCConline com
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
3,640 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyit29 View Post
Sorry Dwayne, I know it's not spelled Dwyane. ; )

Were you thinking a stock and super class again? I'm in, and have a spare motor for anyone who wasn't at the Nats. Just add pinion.
I also have 2 brand new 27 Turn Brushed Motors we used at the Nationals....... $10.00 shipped if anyone wants to make a "stock bike" or have a stock bike setup to practice with. *( the advantage to this kind of "stock" bike is there is no "timing" ect to try to get an advantage on rpm etc.)

I believe we may always have a "hand out" stock class motor..... (Possibility: "or" we should decide on a VERY low KV brushless motor????? )

All I know is that a 3,300kv motor "geared up" is VERY fast and i would rather not consider that "stock". Not all brushless motors are the same!!!!! (Learned this the hard way) so brushed stock class really does keep us on the LEVEL concerning same power for all.

*** IF we do declare a brushless motor "stock" it will have to be a motor that does not have the ability to "adjust timing" on the endbell. Maybe Sensorless? (I'm not sure about this one)

If anyone has suggestions on low powered Brushless motors (and CHEAP) sealed motors, please speak up. The equivalent to a 27 turn motor will only be considered.
Kev71H is offline Find More Posts by Kev71H
Old Oct 07, 2014, 08:39 PM
Bruce
Palmdale, CA
Joined Sep 2005
2,783 Posts
I'm going to be in Raleigh, NC for work during the cancer race but the Toys for Tots looks good.

I would like to see a stock class too. More runtime. I would make it 17.5 brushless blinky, though.

Bruce
slawsonb is offline Find More Posts by slawsonb
Old Oct 07, 2014, 09:16 PM
RCMCConline com
Joined Apr 2002
3,640 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slawsonb View Post
I'm going to be in Raleigh, NC for work during the cancer race but the Toys for Tots looks good.

I would like to see a stock class too. More runtime. I would make it 17.5 brushless blinky, though.

Bruce

I considered 17.5 blinky but those are really fast compared to 27turn brushed. Just seems moot a little.
Old Oct 07, 2014, 10:50 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,674 Posts
21.5 or 25.5 brushless

Btw... I'm in for both races as it stands right now
Akura2 is online now Find More Posts by Akura2
Old Oct 07, 2014, 11:55 PM
RCMCConline com
Joined Apr 2002
3,640 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akura2 View Post
21.5 or 25.5 brushless

Btw... I'm in for both races as it stands right now
Sorry Bruce...thanks for the input but I agree more this way. Just need to decide brand.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 09:44 PM
Bruce
Palmdale, CA
Joined Sep 2005
2,783 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev71H View Post
Sorry Bruce...thanks for the input but I agree more this way. Just need to decide brand.
No worries Kev. The slower the better for me.

Bruce
slawsonb is offline Find More Posts by slawsonb