Old Jan 16, 2010, 08:56 PM
outstanding in the left field!
USA, IL, Marengo
Joined Feb 2007
736 Posts
Trader Rating: 88
Discussion
what would you do?

I have worked hard to be a good trader. If anything goes wrong in one of my deals I just take the word of the customer and refund the full price. I am not spending my grocery money on planes, I like them, and the people who fly them.In my last deal I feel I was wronged and I am considering giving a negative or neutral rating. I just wanted the facts to be known. Less than two weeks ago I agreed to purchase a st23 here.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1168770

I tell the trader it will take one or two days to procure a money order.

I was three days late (my fault) and I decided that friday I would send the payment in the form of cash, which I accept. Then it would be done and I could let the seller know to look for my letter. I didnt think to much of it as I allways give ample time for things and I have lots of customers that understand that life can get in the way sometimes. If time is of the esscence, just use paypal. Dont like it but its a neccisary evil.

He inquired 1 week ago and I informed him of my plight, and that the payment had been sent. Now keep in mind he requested snail mail in the first place, and we live 1800 miles apart.

I Didnt hear from him untill I SAW THIS!!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1174838

I was shocked less than two buisness days after the seller understood payment was on the way, he was selling the item, now he will take paypal, and he reduced the price by nearly 1/3. From 65 to 45.

Not what I would have done what do you think?

Of course if he didnt get the payment in one buisness day does the seller have the right to relist?

And can I send a negative in good faith?

Grey skies,

Pyro
pyrobus is offline Find More Posts by pyrobus
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 16, 2010, 09:05 PM
USA, IL, Marengo
Joined Feb 2007
736 Posts
Seller confused

A few days ago the seller said the payment is over two weeks overdue in this thread here.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1174887

cant be as I sent it only one week ago with his knowlege.

The whole deal started less than two weeks ago.

Anyway I think I will wait and seewhat the seller responds to my pm.

But I dont think he will communicate with me.

Pyro
Old Jan 17, 2010, 12:36 AM
Suspended Account
West Central PA
Joined Dec 2008
2,140 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
I think the question is "what would they do"?
In recent years, many of my Christmas cards have come pre-opened, as the PO must be looking for cash. A 20+ year veteran at our PO got fired recently for stealing cash from envelopes and other things.

It is possible that the poster could say that they never received it, knowing that cash is stolen from mail. Maybe they never did receive it? Who knows? I would never send cash. Assuming there is no way of knowing what happened, I'd have to call it a loss.

Send a Postal MO, that at least has some tracking when cashed. The seller has no reason to not want to cash a Postal MO. If a seller doesn't want to, than I won't deal with them anyways.

Edit:
BTW, I once remembered when someone was supposed to send me a $25 MO for something. They sent cash. I was ticked!
If something had happened, I would likely have ended up sending them the motor and shipping for free, on me. They had agreed to sending an MO, not cash.
WTFLYR is offline Find More Posts by WTFLYR
Last edited by WTFLYR; Jan 17, 2010 at 12:42 AM.
Old Jan 17, 2010, 03:28 AM
USA, IL, Marengo
Joined Feb 2007
736 Posts
timing

the reson the negitive would be given is for waiting less than two buisness days before relisting and re selling. Not giving the payment time to arrive. Thats why I will give the negative. Even if the payment is lost or stolen.

I will agree that happens, but what wuld a good seller do?

Pyro
Old Jan 17, 2010, 07:45 AM
@Home
Joined Jan 2007
1,410 Posts
Trader Rating: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrobus View Post
the reson the negitive would be given is for waiting less than two buisness days before relisting and re selling. Not giving the payment time to arrive. Thats why I will give the negative. Even if the payment is lost or stolen.

I will agree that happens, but what wuld a good seller do?

Pyro
Perhaps you should post a timeline of what happened. It's really hard to decipher "three days" after "less than two weeks ago".

What are your expectation of what a "good seller" should do in this situation?

Vas
VasMan is offline Find More Posts by VasMan
Old Jan 17, 2010, 09:45 AM
EDF all the way!
Gilbert, Az
Joined Jun 1999
7,983 Posts
Trader Rating: 422
Why negative feedback after you posted this. You stated you would do business with him again.
Bob
bruff is offline Find More Posts by bruff
Old Jan 17, 2010, 10:45 AM
Planes, Guitars and Cigars
Joined May 2002
3,171 Posts
Trader Rating: 39
You are free to give negative feedback but I suspect you will recieve it as well. You were less than an optimum trader in this deal. You did not send payment on time and then you sent cash when the seller and yourself agreed upon a money order. Perhaps the seller got impatient waiting. Not saying he's right but I doubt he stole your cash. That was your mistake and you have to accept it. You also have to accept that you did not send money when agreed and did not communicate this to the seller for several days. Poor communication will always lead to a bad trade.
Steve_A_Reno is offline Find More Posts by Steve_A_Reno
Old Jan 17, 2010, 02:59 PM
Winston Salem, NC
Joined Aug 2006
273 Posts
Trader Rating: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruff View Post
Why negative feedback after you posted this. You stated you would do business with him again.
Bob
Good point Bob. I too was confused by this thread. I thought everything was settled last night.

Mike
MikeinNC is online now Find More Posts by MikeinNC
Old Jan 18, 2010, 12:45 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2007
514 Posts
Trader Rating: 14
boy you just don't quit do you Mike?
i said i wasn't going to log in on this site ever again until i received your letter, but you just seem to want to get the whole world feeling sorry for you and your lack of consideration for the original deal between us.
and after i mentioned that i was going to scan and post the postmark from your letter (as if you actually sent it) you locked the thread.

to set things straight, i sold you an item, i made it clear that i needed a MO on this deal as i needed cash immediately to finalize another deal in which Peter was robbed to pay Paul. 1 week later i PM'ed you and your reply which is now 6 days from when we made our agreement was, (short version) "I dropped the ball and sent payment yesterday".........that would be Friday the 8th of this month. OK, so i wait till the 13th which is 5 business days for which is more than ample time to receive your letter, and nothing........i relist.
as of today i still have not received anything from you Mike.
if you are such an upstanding person to do business with, why did you take 4 days (deal was made on 1-3-10) to send payment? the other 2 members that made purchases from me on same day had their MO's in the mail and to me by the 8th, and both live further away than you.
instructions were clearly for a MO, not cash which you could claim foul play.
i don't do business with other modelers in a way so as they are not protected.

for the final time, IF YOUR LETTER EVER ARIVES, I WILL SCAN AND POST THE POSTMARK HERE. IF YOU DID SEND IT, AND THERE IS CASH IN THE ENVELOPE, YOU WILL RECEIVE THE MONEY BACK.

until then, go ahead and leave me the nastiest feedback you can come up with. it means nothing to me as i will never again sell anything here, and if you will look, you will see that i practically give things away...........not because i'm the best guy in the world, but i believe in fast sales and good benefit to others who need what i have to offer.

later
summerwind is offline Find More Posts by summerwind
Old Jan 18, 2010, 01:17 PM
Frankenstein recycled packs
USA, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Jan 2006
8,805 Posts
Trader Rating: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrobus View Post
what would you do?
I would get over it. Really

Rick
rampman is offline Find More Posts by rampman
Old Jan 18, 2010, 04:11 PM
Suspended Account
West Central PA
Joined Dec 2008
2,140 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by summerwind View Post
boy you just don't quit do you Mike?
i said i wasn't going to log in on this site ever again until i received your letter, but you just seem to want to get the whole world feeling sorry for you and your lack of consideration for the original deal between us.
and after i mentioned that i was going to scan and post the postmark from your letter (as if you actually sent it) you locked the thread.

to set things straight, i sold you an item, i made it clear that i needed a MO on this deal as i needed cash immediately to finalize another deal in which Peter was robbed to pay Paul. 1 week later i PM'ed you and your reply which is now 6 days from when we made our agreement was, (short version) "I dropped the ball and sent payment yesterday".........that would be Friday the 8th of this month. OK, so i wait till the 13th which is 5 business days for which is more than ample time to receive your letter, and nothing........i relist.
as of today i still have not received anything from you Mike.
if you are such an upstanding person to do business with, why did you take 4 days (deal was made on 1-3-10) to send payment? the other 2 members that made purchases from me on same day had their MO's in the mail and to me by the 8th, and both live further away than you.
instructions were clearly for a MO, not cash which you could claim foul play.
i don't do business with other modelers in a way so as they are not protected.

for the final time, IF YOUR LETTER EVER ARIVES, I WILL SCAN AND POST THE POSTMARK HERE. IF YOU DID SEND IT, AND THERE IS CASH IN THE ENVELOPE, YOU WILL RECEIVE THE MONEY BACK.

until then, go ahead and leave me the nastiest feedback you can come up with. it means nothing to me as i will never again sell anything here, and if you will look, you will see that i practically give things away...........not because i'm the best guy in the world, but i believe in fast sales and good benefit to others who need what i have to offer.

later
I wouldn't get upset. Did you see what I wrote earlier?
I would just say you never asked for cash to be sent through the postal system. That says plenty.
WTFLYR is offline Find More Posts by WTFLYR
Old Jan 18, 2010, 08:14 PM
USA, IL, Marengo
Joined Feb 2007
736 Posts
usps

so your policy is if something is sent in the mail it shouldnt take more than 5 days, and if its not there is 5 days that constitutes a default on the buyers part?

If I had known your policy, I would have passed. I dont think its good buisness. Oh well life goes on, did you see that new super cool racer I posted?

http://members.iquest.net/~aca/

Enjoy,

Pyro
Closed Thread