New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 06, 2014, 11:37 AM
Find More Posts by bkanter
United States, NJ, Livingston
Joined Sep 2011
2 Posts
Tony: I am redoing my Atlanta. I wanted to know what type of material you are using for the pipe to header coupling. It is blue. Thanks, Bill
bkanter is offline Find More Posts by bkanter
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 08, 2014, 11:40 AM
Find More Posts by TonyF
SoCal
Joined Feb 2004
471 Posts
That is from Aerotrend. It's no longer available.
TonyF is offline Find More Posts by TonyF
Old Dec 13, 2014, 12:36 PM
Find More Posts by lfinney54
United States, ID, Kuna
Joined Feb 2008
121 Posts
15132038 12 inch length fleabay nip
lfinney54 is offline Find More Posts by lfinney54
Old Dec 15, 2014, 12:47 PM
Find More Posts by walter3rd
I just want to go fly!
United States, MD, Towson
Joined Aug 2012
3,598 Posts
that's a nice looking plane. whats the wingspan and auw?
walter3rd is offline Find More Posts by walter3rd
Old Feb 19, 2015, 06:54 PM
Find More Posts by Navy Fly Guy
Lubbock, TX
Joined May 2008
475 Posts
Power Plant for P7

Hi Tony F

Been a while but I am getting all of the gear ready to build my P7 that I got new off ebay. I just received what looks like an almost new Novarossi side exhaust 60. It has a three bolt configuration bolt pattern for the exhaust??? I am looking at SMT Distributing to get that part and anything else that I will need for mating the header and tuned pipe.

Here is my question: I believe some where you said that the rear exhaust 2015 Novarossi mounter on the side with the pipe over the wing was a poor choice, I believe you also said that inverting the engine and running the pipe past the retracts was also poor so will this engine work as my power plant? It has the carb with the inflight adjustable mixture operated by a second servo. Is this a "GO" or "NO-GO" combo?

I also have both models of the 2015 Blue and Purple Novarossi motors both being rear exhaust.

I also have a much used OS Max FSR and SF that I could also use and could bid on the YS .61 that is on ebay.

What is my best option?

Thanks Check Six

NFG
Navy Fly Guy is offline Find More Posts by Navy Fly Guy
Old Feb 19, 2015, 07:15 PM
Find More Posts by doxilia
Montreal, Canada
Joined Mar 2008
2,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy Fly Guy View Post
Is this a "GO" or "NO-GO" combo?
I'm not Tony but don't we all have an opinion...!

Err..., I'll have to say no go on the NR RE and the P7... For all the reasons that Tony will likely mention.

use the NR SE - perfect engine for the P7.

Quote:
I also have a much used OS Max FSR and SF that I could also use and could bid on the YS .61 that is on ebay.
I would stick to a shorty SE for the P7 so no SF and if the FSR is very used, well, the NR is a better choice in any case. Bolt the header adapter to it and with a NR SE header (40450 or 40451 whichever has the longest drop) you're set!

My cents worth, David
doxilia is offline Find More Posts by doxilia
Last edited by doxilia; Feb 19, 2015 at 07:39 PM.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 07:24 PM
Find More Posts by LOVECUB
United States, VA, Bristow
Joined Nov 2012
32 Posts
I agree 100% the side SE for the P-7, you will like the rudder response so much better.

Kirk
LOVECUB is offline Find More Posts by LOVECUB
Old Feb 19, 2015, 08:31 PM
Find More Posts by Navy Fly Guy
Lubbock, TX
Joined May 2008
475 Posts
Best Power Plant for P7

Thanks guys I will see if I can come up with the correct exhaust parts to make thr NR SE work. Now looking for the soft mount and nose rine.

NFG
Navy Fly Guy is offline Find More Posts by Navy Fly Guy
Old Feb 19, 2015, 10:53 PM
Find More Posts by TonyF
SoCal
Joined Feb 2004
471 Posts
You can buy what used to be the Dave Brown soft mount from Ohio Superstar. Buy the one with the beams that the engine mounts to. It is the one used in this build thread. I have received excellent service from Ohio Superstar on the old Dave Brown line.

There is nothing wrong with running an SF on the P-7. Just set it up with the right prop and it will be fine. It will be more pitch then the F-SR. But that will depend on the condition of the SF and F-SR. As stated I am not a fan of a rear exhaust on the P-7. Use a side. As to the Nova Rossi, I have not yet seen one that I like. It seems the exhaust timing is way too high for a good pattern motor. It is happiest turning small props fast, but that does not seem to give good pull. I have only seen the rears though. Maybe the side is different.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 05:58 AM
Find More Posts by dhal22
United States, GA, Alpharetta
Joined Dec 2007
820 Posts
Tony, the engine mount is whats holding up my P7. I see the sport beam mount and the 2 cycle isolators on Ohio Superstar's website. Do I buy both? Thanks

David
dhal22 is offline Find More Posts by dhal22
Old Feb 21, 2015, 10:12 AM
Find More Posts by TonyF
SoCal
Joined Feb 2004
471 Posts
Sport beam mount. Should come with the isolators and the nose ring.