scole is offline Find More Posts by scole
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 24, 2016, 10:19 AM
Find More Posts by gnats82
Coy, peruser of worlds
Augusta, KS USA
Joined Dec 2007
5,956 Posts
Best to direct all questions about this plane here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2488619, no need to start a new thread on each question.
gnats82 is offline Find More Posts by gnats82
Old Jan 24, 2016, 12:56 PM
Find More Posts by aymodeler
United States, CT, Hartland
Joined Jul 2011
295 Posts
I am not familiar with this particular plane, but I can't imagine that there would be anything unique about balancing the prop for it.

Pick up a prop balancer at your LHS (or Amazon). Here are a couple of options:

http://www.amazon.com/ZJchao-Precisi.../dp/B00CLX8JRA

http://www.amazon.com/Du-Bro-499-Tru.../dp/B0006N72Y8

Just remove the prop, put on the balancer. One blade will dip, that's the heavy one. Sand lightly near the tip of the heavy blade to thin the blade slightly. It does not take much to make a difference.
aymodeler is online now Find More Posts by aymodeler
Old Jan 24, 2016, 01:46 PM
Coy, peruser of worlds
Augusta, KS USA
Joined Dec 2007
5,956 Posts
Post #3 - "I am not familiar with this particular plane, but I can't imagine that there would be anything unique about balancing the prop for it."

There is something different - three blades - and it is likely well covered in the dedicated thread for the airplane as to assembly and balancing, which will include the spinner cone. Go to the "attachments in thread" tool to locate posts by relevant images and you can open the post from there at the bottom. If there are none, just ask for help with a new post there and someone will lead you through what it takes.

Scole, is this your first warbird..? Important question..
Last edited by gnats82; Jan 24, 2016 at 02:13 PM. Reason: added content
Old Jan 24, 2016, 06:43 PM
Find More Posts by aymodeler
United States, CT, Hartland
Joined Jul 2011
295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnats82 View Post
Post #3 - "I am not familiar with this particular plane, but I can't imagine that there would be anything unique about balancing the prop for it."

There is something different - three blades - and it is likely well covered in the dedicated thread for the airplane as to assembly and balancing, which will include the spinner cone. Go to the "attachments in thread" tool to locate posts by relevant images and you can open the post from there at the bottom. If there are none, just ask for help with a new post there and someone will lead you through what it takes.

Scole, is this your first warbird..? Important question..
Ahh ... It seems like you could still follow standard balancing process though, just on the assembled unit (assuming that the shaft on your balancer is smaller in diameter than the center bolt that runs through your spinner).

As you say though, the thread specific to this model should be the place to learn any unique tips or tricks ...
aymodeler is online now Find More Posts by aymodeler
Old Jan 24, 2016, 06:55 PM
Coy, peruser of worlds
Augusta, KS USA
Joined Dec 2007
5,956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aymodeler View Post
Ahh ... It seems like you could still follow standard balancing process though, just on the assembled unit (assuming that the shaft on your balancer is smaller in diameter than the center bolt that runs through your spinner).

As you say though, the thread specific to this model should be the place to learn any unique tips or tricks ...
I don't have it for easy reference, even have one large electric plane flying with a three blade and I've forgotten the method....at the moment..!

Here's one video showing a method, there are several more videos..:
3 Bladed Prop Balancing for RC Aircraft (3 min 55 sec)