Old Oct 26, 2014, 09:30 PM
Find More Posts by FyreSG
新加坡的飞儿
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Apr 2012
7,785 Posts
Mini-Review
Nine Eagles Galaxy Visitor 6 Mola M24 WiFi FPV

Due to time constraints, I shall try a new review format that keeps my review as concise and succinct as possible. Please feel free to ask questions as I'll try my best to answer them.

Nine Eagles Mola M24 WiFi FPV Quadcopter

Unboxing Video + Android FPV Setup + Indoor FPV Test

Nine Eagles MOLA M24 WiFi FPV Quadcopter - Unboxing (6 min 31 sec)

It is a highly stable quadrotor. The accelerometers-equipped stabilization system is automatically levels the quadrotor when the pilot lets go of the elevator or aileron control.

Allows accelerometers to be calibrated from the transmitter: press and down right stick, quickly press left stick 3 times; "beep" then release both sticks; press the throttle trim upwards and Mola tail light flashes / blinks slowly (calibration in progress); when flashes speeds up to normal rate, calibration is complete; press left stick to exit calibration mode.

It has Low and High Rates and Low Rate is adjustable: switch to Low Rate; press and hold down the right stick; move the throttle stick to set the amount of rate; release right stick when complete.

At High Rate, Mola is very agile. Upon applying full forward elevator, it pitches to the front almost instantly and dashes away. It can reach surprisingly high speed at full forward elevator and full throttle. Without the heavy camera, it should be an excellent sports flyer.

The lens has surprising wide field of vision (FOV). While this results in slight barrel distortion / fish-eye effect, it makes FPV easier. Watch my unboxing video to see how wide the FOV is when it was in my tiny room.

The package is relatively complete as compared to similar products. Highlights of included contents: 2 batteries, phone holder, phone visor, 2GB memory card, and even a sleek card reader.

Dislikes

While the wide FOV is great for FPV, video transmission is slightly jerky and "lags". Delays in video transmission makes FPV impossible in my room - by the time I see my Mola movements need correction, it is already too late. Out in the field, FPV flight is possible. There is more room for "late commands". I estimate the latency of video transmission to be as high as 200ms. If I have time, I'll sniff the WiFi frames (WPA2-PSK encrypted) to determine if the video bitrate is too high.

I actually prefer Chinese manuals (no confusing English!) but they should have included English versions for non-Chinese readers. The manuals are important especially to learn the steps to adjust Low Rate, calibrate TX, and calibrate the accelormeters.

When not using FPV (live video transmission), the camera is still transmitting WiFi signals. There is no way to switch it off so when you don't need FPV, it is still wasting energy broadcasting WiFi frames, telling potential mobile devices "I'm here!" If you're a sports flyer, not only does Mola waste energy carrying the heavy camera, it also wastes energy sending out WiFi signals.

Conclusion

Mola M24 is a great flyer, even when bogged down by a heavy camera. If you're looking for a quadcopter to record in-flight videos, then this may be a good choice. If you're looking for an entry-level, FPV-ready quadcopter, then you may be disappointed. Perhaps NE did their best to reduce video jitter and delay, but the problems are inherent to the underlying technology. Correct me if I'm wrong - delayed videos is inherent in all mobile app based WiFi FPV systems; my iOS-WiFi-controlled CX-30 behaves like this too.

Miscellaneous

Video quality: pending, to be determined.

Transmitter Calibration: press both sticks down; "beep" x 4 then TX is in calibration mode; move both sticks around to allow the TX to measure the full range of movement; put both sticks at neutral / center position; press rudder trim to the right to exit calibration.

Download NE Android WiFi App: http://www.nineeagle.com/product/pro...oad.aspx?id=42
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
Last edited by FyreSG; Jun 08, 2015 at 08:46 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 26, 2014, 09:31 PM
新加坡的飞儿
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Apr 2012
7,785 Posts
Reserved for videos

Nine Eagles MOLA M24 WiFi FPV Quadcopter - Aerial Video (5 min 29 sec)
Last edited by FyreSG; Nov 16, 2014 at 09:02 PM.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 07:06 AM
Find More Posts by SeByDocKy
France, PACA, La Valette-du-Var
Joined Dec 2012
10,482 Posts
Thanks for the review. Can you disconnect the camera ? if you want to save some power ?
SeByDocKy is online now Find More Posts by SeByDocKy
Old Oct 27, 2014, 12:24 PM
Find More Posts by thxkid
Thxkid
Joined Jun 2012
346 Posts
horrible FPV Wifi Camera

now maybe its my Wifi camera that came with my Galaxy 6 but it robs power horrible, with the camera on I get no more than 2-3min. flight time if lucky and its constantly even at full throttle just for no reason descends from the air bounces on the ground and lifts off again can get no more than 60-90 seconds before it repeats, re calibrated everything, tried other batteries same exact thing, now my lag in my WiFi using the Samsung galaxy 3s is not even noticeable, frame rate looks around like 20 frames so there is jerkiness, but still in the field if just slowly moving around easy to fly FPV when it stays in the air, the 720p FLV records on my 10 class micro SD is rock solid 30 frames no skip, but not as clear as the hubsan H107c HD Mov video.
Oh by the way the wifi camera also works on the Galaxy 3 also, and my galaxy 3 acted the same way as the galaxy 6 did with the wifi camera hook in, now I was recording while doing all this I think just to much power is being pushed, 4 motors, LEDS, Wifi transmitter and camera recording just too much.
Now I had enough of this crap wifi camera so I took it completely off stuck in a 600mah 35c turnigy batt(fit perfect) and went out and tried a flight like that, yes this thing is unbelievable agile, fast, uncanny bank turns, flips, rolls and yes barrel rolls, this thing out preforms the V636 and the Traxx LaTrax alias, I cant wait to get video of it how it flys without the camera, nine eagles should have made this easier to remove the camera, its stuck on by 2 sided foam tape, with the Turnigy 600mah 35c batt was much more power than the stock 720mah 25c and I got 7min. of flight time out of the turnigy, conclusion for me, useless FPV WiFi camera Quad, great over agile Sport Quad and made more sturdy than the galaxy 3, I smack the ground pretty hard 4-5 times trying out wacky maneuvers and not even a ding or blade bend, few scratches, now this was on grass and into tree limbs, I got a very small back yard I am trying this on(no way how I was flying this my V636 would have been toast for sure), odd my Galaxy 6 came in a brown unmarked box, no manual, no software, no password, one battery? thank you Frye SG for the software and password, did ask Nine eagles for it they came through late last night, I did give them a email on how my Galaxy 6 acted like, interesting to see what they say.
thxkid is offline Find More Posts by thxkid
Old Oct 27, 2014, 12:49 PM
新加坡的飞儿
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Apr 2012
7,785 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy View Post
Thanks for the review. Can you disconnect the camera ? if you want to save some power ?
OH! Thanks for the reminder. I feel so silly now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thxkid View Post
When you say the camera is crap, are you referring to the delay? The video quality (say you record the video and view it later) seems to be pretty decent.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 02:27 PM
Thxkid
Joined Jun 2012
346 Posts
more precise on Video

Ok

Onboard video which is 720p is rock steady, 30 frames and no jerkiness or skip frames at all, good quality picture wise
the Wifi Camera itself for me is causing the quad to loose altitude after only 60-90 seconds into flight full throttle slowly goes down to the ground recovers and goes right back up no matter if the wifi camera is mounted on the Galaxy 6 or My Galaxy 3 and tried all types of batteries and re-calibrated both quads, but at this point that wifi camera is useless for me, eh the galaxy 6 is a great fantastic sport flyer and trying to get banggood or nine eagles to send out another wifi camera to try, yeah right.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 09:26 PM
新加坡的飞儿
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Apr 2012
7,785 Posts
First Aerial Video

I flew two batteries worth of flight today. Unlike some of the other toy grade built-in cameras, the M24 records videos having wide field of view. I find this feature makes the video more natural and more enjoyable to watch. Colors look pretty good too. Here is a photo recorded with Photo Mode.

Unfortunately, the aerial video was plagued with jello because I did not balance the rotors. I'll do that next time.

Under backlit situations e.g. bright horizon, the foreground appears dark but not losing a great deal of details.

While flying quick circuits, I realize that throttle response was slow. Maybe the batteries are failing, or maybe this is normal. I'm not sure.

Nine Eagles MOLA M24 WiFi FPV Quadcopter - Aerial Video (5 min 29 sec)

Old Nov 17, 2014, 12:26 AM
Find More Posts by SeByDocKy
France, PACA, La Valette-du-Var
Joined Dec 2012
10,482 Posts
Can you record with the App the live broadcasted video ?
SeByDocKy is online now Find More Posts by SeByDocKy
Old Nov 17, 2014, 03:02 AM
新加坡的飞儿
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Apr 2012
7,785 Posts
No, recording is only done on the camera. There is a way to quickly download the photos or videos directly from the camera. You can download files to your phone while it is flying in the air.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 11:13 AM
Thxkid
Joined Jun 2012
346 Posts
sluggish resonse

sorry thats the nature of carrying around the wifi camera remove the camera and the Galaxy visitor 6 becomes a great sport flyer and when used with the turngy battery a beast in the air the 35-60c on the turngy really makes the nine eagles a rocket ship but even that battery is sluggish with the wifi camera on.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 11:29 AM
新加坡的飞儿
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Apr 2012
7,785 Posts
Yes, the WiFi camera hampers performance but it does produce nice video. I think its a reasonable trade off. If I want a nimble, agile quadcopter, I wouldn't fly the M24. Similarly, I wouldn't buy a nimble, agile quadcopter and install a camera to record aerial videos.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 01:28 PM
Thxkid
Joined Jun 2012
346 Posts
why nine eagles

why thats exactly what nine eagles did took a nice nimble, nice agile, quad and stuck a wifi camera on it, even copied the one thats sold out there for $80, the wifi for what it does is nice, but no where a 808 #16 720p camera, and no where the wide angle lens either, but it is a step up from the nine eagles galaxy Visitor 3, but the V666 I just received has a way better 5.8 system setup and I dont have to fumble around with a phone either.
the nine eagles should have had 800 or 850 mah batts with galaxy 6, but then again I tried my 1200mah in it way to much weight, by the way that wifi camera I got to work on the Galaxy 3, just had to use the galaxy 3 transmitter, interesting the galaxy 3 camera would not work on the galaxy 6, the galaxy 3 flew better than the galaxy 6 with the wifi camera on it, well it should with 1200mah batts in it.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 01:33 PM
新加坡的飞儿
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Apr 2012
7,785 Posts
Why did they do that? Because they want to produce a WiFi quadcopter, not a sporty, nimble, agile quadcopter. It's like asking why did Ford produce clumsy, heavy trucks? They should only make sport, nimble, agile sports cars. Obviously, Ford sees a demand for trucks.

Copied? Who copied who? If you're referring to "Dromida Ominus", then you probably should find out where did they get their stuff from.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 03:32 AM
Find More Posts by kitia
Finland
Joined Nov 2014
115 Posts
Is there a way to eliminate the props from the final video?
kitia is offline Find More Posts by kitia
Old Dec 31, 2014, 12:23 PM
Find More Posts by Waterbound
United States, MD, Annapolis
Joined Jun 2013
6,437 Posts
Wow, the wifi streaming has about 2 seconds delay it seems, this is the problem with wifi fpv, it's not near fast enough for real flight, way too much delay but they keep making quads with wifi fpv streaming why??
Waterbound is online now Find More Posts by Waterbound
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hubsan H107D Custom FPV Setup