HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 21, 2012, 02:58 PM
... where is it ?!
ro.bi.'s Avatar
United States, CA, SF
Joined Jul 2011
449 Posts
hey guys, what's the latest in MW2.1 with ACC / AutoLevel?

every time I turn it on it tilts the quad in a different direction?!

the quadrino board lights up the orange LED @ power-up, indicating both gyros & accelerometer are calibrating -

I'm letting it stay still through this process - also have a bubble installed to be as level as possible.

what's the trick?

thanks
ro.bi. is offline Find More Posts by ro.bi.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:38 PM
Seattle, WA - USA
mark_q's Avatar
Joined Sep 2003
3,366 Posts
AWESOME
Just got email notification from Guru that my Quadrino GPS has shipped
mark_q is online now Find More Posts by mark_q
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TBS Disco Gimbal Update
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:39 PM
Seattle, WA - USA
mark_q's Avatar
Joined Sep 2003
3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorAudio View Post
All those that pre ordered the GPS.
PLZ, chime in?
I am thinking about doing a setup video!
So tell who is interested in me doing one?
Well, uh, me too
mark_q is online now Find More Posts by mark_q
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TBS Disco Gimbal Update
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:41 PM
Seattle, WA - USA
mark_q's Avatar
Joined Sep 2003
3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cquian View Post
+1, ... but I can tell a SERIOUS addiction is coming on....
Oh, my friend, you have no idea...
mark_q is online now Find More Posts by mark_q
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TBS Disco Gimbal Update
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 05:29 PM
Some call me the other guy!
DoctorAudio's Avatar
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,475 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_q View Post
Oh, my friend, you have no idea...
ro.bi. :

You also need to trim the ACC.
It is easy.
With the quad un-armed.
switch the ACC on! (BlueLed on!)
Then while still not armed, move the throttle stick all the way up!

Now this is important.

If the quad was leaning to the left you want to move the right stick to the right once.

When you do the status light ( yellow) will blink once!

If the quad was moving backwards then you need to move the stick forwards!

Now each time you do this the light blinks!
If the light does not blink then you haven't done it right!

Here is a link to the stick commands!
https://multiwii.googlecode.com/svn/...0-57721566.pdf

Hope this helps you guys!
DoctorAudio is online now Find More Posts by DoctorAudio
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 06:41 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2011
54 Posts
Quadrino GPS - I want to clear some things up about the recent shipment of GPS units. The flak has already come back to hit me. lol. The first shipment of 12 units just went out today. I know, I said on the Sunday webex it would be Monday...and I was up all night trying to make that so. However, I ran into some technical trouble updating the firmware on the Venus chip. Most of the units that shipped today were from pre-orders in October. These people have been waiting a *long* time and I really appreciate how patient they have been...very patient!

So everyone that has ordered recently, through a dealer or myself, your unit will be shipped on Friday. I would ship tomorrow if I could, but it's a holiday here in the US. By Friday there will be a surplus of stock - there will be no shipping delays.

Sorry for the confusion and the delays. I assure you I'm doing my best to get everything out asap, but it has to be right! So go easy on Witespy, he wasnt part of the delays. We work together on getting these out and ordering from me or him doesnt affect delivery time. Witespy has also been a great help in testing the GPS so a big thanks to him for the help!

FYI: So to go back to the firmware on the Venus chip, this firmware is not the customized eosbandi/multiwii code but the code that the Venus manufacturer wrote that operates the GPS chip itself. The default firmware for this chip is meant for Cars or Pedestrians and is garbage for multi-rotors. When I contacted the manufacturer about some issues and told them it was for multirotors he supplied me with a customized firmware for flying vehicles that has much better response and less filtering. I already had my own unit updated a few weeks ago but when updating the batch it wasnt uploading.

Sincerly,
FlyingEinstein.com
guru_florida is offline Find More Posts by guru_florida
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:06 PM
Registered User
USA, TX, The Colony
Joined Dec 2005
749 Posts
We can wait ..... please enjoy your Thanksgiving
cquian is online now Find More Posts by cquian
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:26 PM
... where is it ?!
ro.bi.'s Avatar
United States, CA, SF
Joined Jul 2011
449 Posts
Thanks Doc!
How often would I have to do this?
Im asking because my ACC tilts differently every time I switch it on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorAudio View Post
ro.bi. :

You also need to trim the ACC.
It is easy.
With the quad un-armed.
switch the ACC on! (BlueLed on!)
Then while still not armed, move the throttle stick all the way up!

Now this is important.

If the quad was leaning to the left you want to move the right stick to the right once.

When you do the status light ( yellow) will blink once!

If the quad was moving backwards then you need to move the stick forwards!

Now each time you do this the light blinks!
If the light does not blink then you haven't done it right!

Here is a link to the stick commands!
https://multiwii.googlecode.com/svn/...0-57721566.pdf

Hope this helps you guys!
ro.bi. is offline Find More Posts by ro.bi.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 01:41 AM
Registered User
USA, OR, Hillsboro
Joined Feb 2011
414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ro.bi. View Post
Thanks Doc!
How often would I have to do this?
Im asking because my ACC tilts differently every time I switch it on.
I calibrate every time I fly, then lift off and see if there is any drift in any direction then trim as needed. Normally once trim is set you don't need to do it again unless something is changed. It only takes a few seconds to set trims.
But I still calibrate with TX before each flight.
jsflyrv is offline Find More Posts by jsflyrv
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 02:42 AM
Some call me the other guy!
DoctorAudio's Avatar
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,475 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsflyrv View Post
I calibrate every time I fly, then lift off and see if there is any drift in any direction then trim as needed. Normally once trim is set you don't need to do it again unless something is changed. It only takes a few seconds to set trims.
But I still calibrate with TX before each flight.
Once you trim it in Manual mode.
then trim the level mode or ACC. Blue light on.
Others say you shouldn't have to do it all the time.
I do it anyway!
It only takes seconds!
DoctorAudio is online now Find More Posts by DoctorAudio
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 12:10 PM
LSF 004 - AMA 5055
bobandris's Avatar
United States, CA, Saratoga
Joined Dec 2000
591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorAudio View Post
All those that pre ordered the GPS.
PLZ, chime in?
I am thinking about doing a setup video!
So tell who is interested in me doing one?
Hey Doc,

That sounds great! If possible, please start with the actual physical installation; then proceeding to the software dl and installation, setup, and calibration. Finally going to the field setup, flying and evaluation.

Many Thanks from all of us,
Bob
bobandris is offline Find More Posts by bobandris
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 01:01 PM
Some call me the other guy!
DoctorAudio's Avatar
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,475 Posts
I think I got my script!
Maybe I can get some help with this!

You know what would be really cool! If I could see the GPS from the Quadrino instead of the GPS from the OSD!

That would be much better!
Also you guys running 910mhz and 1.3 GHZ.
You should be looking into a notch filter for the freq your running!
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...t=notch+filter

It is much better than a Low Pass filter.
I am going to order some SMA t connectors this coming week.
So I can make a couple!
DoctorAudio is online now Find More Posts by DoctorAudio
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 01:18 PM
Seattle, WA - USA
mark_q's Avatar
Joined Sep 2003
3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorAudio View Post
I think I got my script!
Maybe I can get some help with this!

You know what would be really cool! If I could see the GPS from the Quadrino instead of the GPS from the OSD!

That would be much better!
Also you guys running 910mhz and 1.3 GHZ.
You should be looking into a notch filter for the freq your running!
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...t=notch+filter

It is much better than a Low Pass filter.
I am going to order some SMA t connectors this coming week.
So I can make a couple!
Hey Doc,
Nice find on the Notch filter, I love the ibcrazy stuff. I already build his antennas for like $5 a piece and they are killer ($29 at RMRC).

On the GPS, OSD, lets get Guru to do an OSD add on! All I want to see is GPS position, Baro altitude and mAh left. It would also be cool if he had a VR incorporated for the Vtx and FPV camera like on the TBS Core all with but a single GPS antenna!...

I'll keep dreaming

Buy the way, thank you for you do for our hobby and more specifically those who are lucky enough to find this thread. Your help and entertainment are greatly appreciated and deserve mention! Really, same to Colin and Witespy and anyone else who contributes here.

Have a day of deliciousness!
Mark
mark_q is online now Find More Posts by mark_q
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TBS Disco Gimbal Update
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 03:29 PM
Some call me the other guy!
DoctorAudio's Avatar
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,475 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_q View Post
Hey Doc,
Nice find on the Notch filter, I love the ibcrazy stuff. I already build his antennas for like $5 a piece and they are killer ($29 at RMRC).

On the GPS, OSD, lets get Guru to do an OSD add on! All I want to see is GPS position, Baro altitude and mAh left. It would also be cool if he had a VR incorporated for the Vtx and FPV camera like on the TBS Core all with but a single GPS antenna!...

I'll keep dreaming

Buy the way, thank you for you do for our hobby and more specifically those who are lucky enough to find this thread. Your help and entertainment are greatly appreciated and deserve mention! Really, same to Colin and Witespy and anyone else who contributes here.

Have a day of deliciousness!
Mark
Dude your so welcome!
Really in my life, i have done some bad things in my life!
I have changed my life!
I respect others and try to treat everyone as I would like to be treated!
Today we sold our first WolfSpyder kit (516mm)!
Soon we will have the Black widow kit (250mm)!
Thank you guys for letting me help you and giving me the chance to help out when I can!

From me and my family We wish you Happy Holidays and much Aloha (love)!
I am a Hawaiian at heart and American by birth!
God bless us all and be safe!
Elvan Wilson II aka Doctor Audio
DoctorAudio is online now Find More Posts by DoctorAudio
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 06:09 PM
"Every boy has a dream to fly"
Airplanekid333's Avatar
Fort Collins Colorado
Joined Sep 2009
510 Posts
Happy thanksgiving! This is horsetooth reservoir, flew around up there today!
Airplanekid333 is offline Find More Posts by Airplanekid333
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article Hangar 9's Piper J-3 Cub 40 Plug-N-Play PNP Plug N Play Evo 46NT Powered ARF Review tailskid2 Scale Fuel Planes 8 Dec 24, 2013 04:08 PM
Help! need new flight controller recommendations n3m1s1s Multirotor Talk 115 Jan 09, 2012 09:38 AM
Article Subsonic's Motrolfly Plug and Play Power System: Motor, Controller & Battery Review Michael Heer Power Systems 27 Dec 16, 2010 12:36 PM
Data Plug 'n Play separates: An Esky CP2 with an E-flight 2 in 1... elan Micro Helis 3 Mar 19, 2010 08:51 AM
Discussion Air Hogs Plug n'Play Flight Deck Simulator trust416 Micro Ready-to-Fly 14 Aug 05, 2007 10:44 AM