HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 07:08 AM
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Oct 2011
3,066 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
HH provided solutions to customers, if they accepted or not that's between customers and HH.

But something is/was being done, we heard about it when it was relevant.
I was referring to this specific guys problem and him saying that the only fix HH offered him was to use a DX18 case... And isn't it still relevant as long as there are people still having issues?
DamonH is online now Find More Posts by DamonH
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 07:50 AM
Canada, QC, Pointe-Claire
Joined Jun 2011
397 Posts
I know this is a touchy subject, but the "emperor has no clothes".

This is not an argument about the function of the DX18QQ. I think we can all agree that it is a fine radio. But the finish isn't worth a hill of beans. People will argue about vanity, fashion, just looks. But SO WHAT?? I you bought you fancy new car because of color, style, etc. If all of a sudden the paint started peeling, would you not want the manufacturer to fix it. Stand behind their product? Remember folks, these radios were not one of two million, but only 2000. They were top of the line, premium in function and price. Yes they were bundles with other goodies and a nice functional case, but it is the radio that i hold in my hands when i fly. It is that what reminds me of the purchase, part of the brand awareness that manufacturers strive for. Or sadly, consider my future purchase alternatives.
I know that this group is viewed by HH employees, i wish the top brass would look, read and address. Or are they trying to put QQ out of their memories?
teckbot is online now Find More Posts by teckbot
Old Yesterday, 08:02 AM
United States, FL, Kissimmee
Joined Jan 2012
927 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonH View Post
I was referring to this specific guys problem and him saying that the only fix HH offered him was to use a DX18 case... And isn't it still relevant as long as there are people still having issues?
Out of curiosity. I don't own a QQ, only a DX18G1.
So you are saying that HH doesn't sells an original replacement case for the QQ, not even if you send in the radio, they won't have the case replaced even if you are willing to pay for that?
czorzella is online now Find More Posts by czorzella
Old Yesterday, 08:10 AM
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Oct 2011
3,066 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by czorzella View Post
Out of curiosity. I don't own a QQ, only a DX18G1.
So you are saying that HH doesn't sells an original replacement case for the QQ, not even if you send in the radio, they won't have the case replaced even if you are willing to pay for that?
I'm not sure of that. All I was referring to was this one instance where he was offered a DX18 case as his fix.
DamonH is online now Find More Posts by DamonH
Old Yesterday, 08:23 AM
London
Joined May 2008
365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropsnWings View Post
Yes and with most any item....cosmetics are not covered. So is not defective according to best business practice.
Maybe that's different outside the EU (Europe).

I can't see why a cosmetic failure wouldn't be covered.

Quote:
Hence the "damage from wear and tear will be repaired for a reasonable charge".
That's damage as in the wear on a tyre, or the tread on a shoe - ie an expected consequence of usage.

That's quite different to the finish wearing off prematurely - though I appreciate that there might be some room for argument around that. [eg 'prematurely'.]

However, IIRC, a satisfactory repair hasn't been offered for the affected QQs, anyway.
scallybert is online now Find More Posts by scallybert
Old Yesterday, 11:45 AM
Vienna, Austria
Joined Oct 2010
2,492 Posts
Actually now they know how to properly coat a tx (the DX9 seems to keep it's finish). It would make sense if they throw 2000 DX18 cases in the coating process and offer them all 2000 QQ owners....
Mukenukem is online now Find More Posts by Mukenukem
Old Yesterday, 01:39 PM
Canada, QC, Pointe-Claire
Joined Jun 2011
397 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukenukem View Post
Actually now they know how to properly coat a tx (the DX9 seems to keep it's finish). It would make sense if they throw 2000 DX18 cases in the coating process and offer them all 2000 QQ owners....
Hear, Hear! I second that motion!
teckbot is online now Find More Posts by teckbot
Old Yesterday, 03:29 PM
Ultra Violet
Joined Feb 2013
2,367 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teckbot View Post
Hear, Hear! I second that motion!
I third the motion.
Electromagnetic is offline Find More Posts by Electromagnetic
Old Yesterday, 07:43 PM
Return To Kit Form
Australia, WA, Joondalup
Joined Oct 2010
266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by electromagnetic View Post
i third the motion.
+1...
R.T.K.F is online now Find More Posts by R.T.K.F
Old Yesterday, 08:44 PM
Old, tired, and abused.
Joined Jun 2011
2,343 Posts
Quote:
Not all 2000 units sold....my LHS still has the QQ for sale.

Neat idea, but more costly than we realize to implement.
PropsnWings is online now Find More Posts by PropsnWings
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 09:17 AM
Vienna, Austria
Joined Oct 2010
2,492 Posts
I know there are a couple of QQ on stock. I even have the feeling that some of the QQs have been refurbished to G2 radios. A guy in a german forum told me rhat his LHS had a G2 with M3 stick ends (=Spektrum gimbals)....
Old Today, 09:28 AM
Old, tired, and abused.
Joined Jun 2011
2,343 Posts
Quote:
I know there are a couple of QQ on stock. I even have the feeling that some of the QQs have been refurbished to G2 radios. A guy in a german forum told me rhat his LHS had a G2 with M3 stick ends (=Spektrum gimbals)....
The sticks is due to using up all the old stock of the JR 9503 sticks...I believe that's what I was told.
PropsnWings is online now Find More Posts by PropsnWings
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 09:39 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,012 Posts
Germany never would have had JR sticks for servicing radios, as they don't repair JR there like we do here.

If there were a gimbal replacement, his only option would have been the QQ gimbals.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Today, 09:45 AM
Vienna, Austria
Joined Oct 2010
2,492 Posts
Oh my. I hope my gimbals never get damaged.....
Good thing I have a spare DX18...