HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 09, 2012, 04:52 PM
United States, FL, Bradenton
Joined Jan 2012
301 Posts
Discussion
PL6 charging without balance leads connected?

Do any of the modes allow you to charge without having any balance lead plugs connected?

I tried using a generic charge board to parallel charge 4 packs (without any balance taps connected to the PL6) in the Faster Charging mode" and it says "bad cell count node wiring" and says the same thing when I am in High Power mode? I remember reading about a balance dummie plug for certain Powerlab models to get around this but can't find it again and don't want to mess anything up Lol.

Thanks.
overmyhead is online now Find More Posts by overmyhead
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 09, 2012, 05:26 PM
Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
2,157 Posts
For LiPos there is the LiPo 1s/2s Small Non Balanced preset, but its limited to 2 amps. The "plug" was for the Cellpro10s and allowed you to charge using only the balance connector vs charge with only the charge leads.
Gregor99 is offline Find More Posts by Gregor99
Old Sep 10, 2012, 06:07 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,654 Posts
Same question asked many different ways for years now.

Simple answer with Power Labs and most other balancing chargers both main leads and balancing lreads need to be connected and balancing leads have to be the correct sequence as brands use different wiring orders.

Power Labs have Non Balanced Presets which can be used for 1-2S LiPolys at lower power.

One should learn how LiPlys are wired,the Power Lab Manual has wiring drawings for 1- X S for both FMA and JST sequence. I suggest one study the drawings.

Recent thread here

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1721491
everydayflyer is online now Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Last edited by everydayflyer; Sep 10, 2012 at 12:56 PM.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 08:16 PM
United States, FL, Bradenton
Joined Jan 2012
301 Posts
Thanks guys appreciate the help.
overmyhead is online now Find More Posts by overmyhead