Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 20, 2012, 10:09 AM
Support yer local CharlieSheen
Joined May 2011
996 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by randall1959 View Post
According to what I've read it's because refineries are shut down and because of the mexican standoff in the middle east with Iran. Hopefully both situations will resolve themselves before the economy falters again. That is what happened last time. Gas hit 4 dollars and the bottom fell out.
Thank God whether they are old or new, all cars need batteries.
In part its due to the EPA and environmentalism gone wild. We could be paying less if the keystone pipeline were approved, and refineries werent being shut down because of the migration route of some kind of duck.
isaacintheclouds is offline Find More Posts by isaacintheclouds
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 20, 2012, 10:40 AM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by isaacintheclouds View Post
In part its due to the EPA and environmentalism gone wild. We could be paying less if the keystone pipeline were approved, and refineries werent being shut down because of the migration route of some kind of duck.

I heard someplace that our refineries are shipping some of the gas they are making to other countries as they can get more money for it..

I personally think we should buy everyone else crude oil first before we use up all of ours..

I heard that most of the gas from the keystone pipe line will be refined in Texas and than loaded into tankers to be sold to other countries as they will pay more for it..

Keep in mind,, just follow the money,, ask who is going to be making the money doing this??

Every year they launch this 5 dollar a gallon gas to see if it's going to float yet or not..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Feb 20, 2012, 10:49 AM
Joined May 2011
996 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
I heard someplace that our refineries are shipping some of the gas they are making to other countries as they can get more money for it..

I personally think we should buy everyone else crude oil first before we use up all of ours..

I heard that most of the gas from the keystone pipe line will be refined in Texas and than loaded into tankers to be sold to other countries as they will pay more for it..

Keep in mind,, just follow the money,, ask who is going to be making the money doing this??

Every year they launch this 5 dollar a gallon gas to see if it's going to float yet or not..
It looks like we will find out for sure if it will float this summer!
Old Feb 20, 2012, 10:51 AM
Joined May 2011
996 Posts
92 more letters...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showa...=4648514&stc=1
Old Feb 20, 2012, 11:18 AM
SlowStick Test Pilot
Yumastan RCAPA.NET
Joined Feb 2003
5,833 Posts
I don't think it the EPA as much as the Presidents campaign supporters.
patrickegan is online now Find More Posts by patrickegan
Old Feb 20, 2012, 11:24 AM
Joined May 2011
996 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickegan View Post
I don't think it the EPA as much as the Presidents campaign supporters.
Along with unions, planned parenthood, and warren buffet(and his secretary).
Old Feb 20, 2012, 11:38 AM
Suspended Account
Long Island, New York
Joined Jun 2008
6,428 Posts
Quote:

Follow the money, it always leads to the same people.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-0...-pipeline.html
Tarro is offline Find More Posts by Tarro
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 20, 2012, 12:04 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Just to stay on topic,, I think they want to make sure we can't use our planes with camera's to photograph where all the sand is being dumped after they take the oil out..
Old Feb 20, 2012, 12:08 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2009
11,692 Posts
Quote:
Just to stay on topic,, I think they want to make sure we can't use our planes with camera's to photograph where all the sand is being dumped after they take the oil out..
I believe this is the real threat, what these camera equipped aircrafts will unveil.
rimshotcopter is offline Find More Posts by rimshotcopter
Old Feb 20, 2012, 12:50 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2004
7,056 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimshotcopter View Post
I believe this is the real threat, what these camera equipped aircrafts will unveil.
What are they going to do with all the aspiring Erin Brockovich types in small planes, shoot them down?
I still think this has to do with several different things all coming about at once.
1. The guys that fly over crowds, around cities, near airports, at hight altitudes, and then are stupid enough to post the videos and crow about their "accomplishments" Yea right like any fool with a few dollars can't copy the exact same thing.
2. Competition with "legitimate" filming companies as most "hobbyists" don't have business licenses or even tax numbers.
3. Idiots that get caught planning on blowing up the Pentagon with foamies
4. Privacy fears of powerfull people. There have been photos of otcos over Hollywood type homes.
5. People making inquiry after inquiry to the FAA, basically putting a spotlight on something most probably weren't even aware of in the first place.
I don't think it's any one thing that brought the boot down across our necks, it's a whole lot of little things until finally the FAA started looking and didn't like what they saw.
randall1959 is offline Find More Posts by randall1959
Old Feb 20, 2012, 12:59 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by randall1959 View Post
What are they going to do with all the aspiring Erin Brockovich types in small planes, shoot them down?
I still think this has to do with several different things all coming about at once.
1. The guys that fly over crowds, around cities, near airports, at hight altitudes, and then are stupid enough to post the videos and crow about their "accomplishments" Yea right like any fool with a few dollars can't copy the exact same thing.
2. Competition with "legitimate" filming companies as most "hobbyists" don't have business licenses or even tax numbers.
3. Idiots that get caught planning on blowing up the Pentagon with foamies
4. Privacy fears of powerfull people. There have been photos of otcos over Hollywood type homes.
5. People making inquiry after inquiry to the FAA, basically putting a spotlight on something most probably weren't even aware of in the first place.
I don't think it's any one thing that brought the boot down across our necks, it's a whole lot of little things until finally the FAA started looking and didn't like what they saw.
The FAA is covering their hind-end getting ready for the first one that causes a major media stink after crashing and hurting a lot of people or taking some very good pictures of something someone important doesn't want us to see..
Old Feb 20, 2012, 01:27 PM
Joined May 2011
996 Posts
Thinking about the things we can take photos of that they don't want us to see, anyone with an airplane and a camera can take a picture of it as well. Those who don't have business licenses are breaking laws that are already in place. Since they fire frozen chickens through jet engines and props of planes to see just how much punishment they can take, a large portion of helis and planes that rcap people fly shouldn't be too much to worry about, but the possibility of a crash is certainly present, no more that a flock of geese poses. I think the biggest obstacle we face is the money and influence of unions like filmla who push the safety issue as if we could carry wmds on them, and the paranoia of those who think the likelihood of their privacy being invaded will increase if we are able to conduct legitimate business, which is a joke since anyone can buy a telescope and invade people's privacy from miles away. Not to mention satellites that are said to be capable of reading your license plate from space.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 01:53 PM
Joined May 2011
996 Posts
I remember hearing about a guy who was filming the Ca. coast from his ultralight for a documentary about the erosion of the coastline. He flew by Barbara streisands house which is near the coast and she tried to sue him for invasion of privacy and lost. ( I know, who would want to get a picture of her in her backyard, on purpose). Since all this fpv and camera equipment has become light enough and available, I haven't seen much stink about invasion of privacy. People have been quite capable of taking pictures from the air for a long, long time. The poparazzi hounds invade more famous peoples privacy regularly and aren't exactly shy about it, yet we are being made out to be such a potential threat to privacy?
Old Feb 20, 2012, 02:27 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2009
11,692 Posts
Guys and Ladies, sometime it is not about making a profit but doing the right thing at the right time. This video I believe illustrates the real potential of these drones. I also believe there are entities that would prefer this information is not easily accessible.

Joplin Tornado Aerial photo and video (5 min 6 sec)
rimshotcopter is offline Find More Posts by rimshotcopter
Old Feb 20, 2012, 03:30 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2004
7,056 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimshotcopter View Post
Guys and Ladies, sometime it is not about making a profit but doing the right thing at the right time. This video I believe illustrates the real potential of these drones.
This is why I did this video.

St Joseph, Missouri's Historic "Cracker House" aerial video. (6 min 40 sec)

I thought maybe I could be of help to aid in obtaining funds to save this old home and apparently I was right. Since I donated this video to the non profit in charge of the effort, they have asked for more footage and photos because no one else in this area has the ability to do what my quad does without flying over neighborhoods and that would be unsafe. Since I can launch directly in front of the house and fly to the south, I'm not over any homes at any point. I can get up, fly around three sides of it and land in a matter of minutes.
randall1959 is offline Find More Posts by randall1959