Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 24, 2011, 04:58 PM
Love the sticks
Mason, Michigan
Joined Nov 2009
130 Posts
Discussion
New to DSM.....hooking up R921 question.

I am hooking up an R921 rx and I noticed two battery ports. 1=bat/bind and 2=bat/data. I am only going to use one port, I think, for the battery but I also would like to set up two external ports for binding and data checking so I can either rebind or check signal losses after my flights without disconecting everything to do this. I was told to run y cords but how exactly would this be done? Do I y cord off of the rx switch to the rx with one end of the y cord going to rx bat/data port and the other end to my external jack and I can check data that way? If I connect the battery to the bat/bind port instead and y cord that to an external jack, can I rebind thru the external jack if necessary with power going to the receiver from the other end of that y cord? Thanks for the help guys, JC
JCFLYR is offline Find More Posts by JCFLYR
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 24, 2011, 06:12 PM
59 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCFLYR View Post
I am hooking up an R921 rx and I noticed two battery ports. 1=bat/bind and 2=bat/data. I am only going to use one port, I think, for the battery but I also would like to set up two external ports for binding and data checking so I can either rebind or check signal losses after my flights without disconecting everything to do this. I was told to run y cords but how exactly would this be done? Do I y cord off of the rx switch to the rx with one end of the y cord going to rx bat/data port and the other end to my external jack and I can check data that way? If I connect the battery to the bat/bind port instead and y cord that to an external jack, can I rebind thru the external jack if necessary with power going to the receiver from the other end of that y cord? Thanks for the help guys, JC
Battery can be connected anywhere you have a spare slot as all +ve and GND pins are in parallel. But if you plug the switch into the Bat/Bind port (and use a 3-wire switch) you can then re-bind using the bind/charge connector. That leaves you the data port free to plug in the recorder. No Y-cable necessary.
Daedalus66 is online now Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old Oct 25, 2011, 01:59 PM
Bowling Green,Ky
Joined Sep 2004
311 Posts
Plug the Y into the data/battery port of the receiver. Then at any time you can plug in the data logger. You need not rebind unless you move the receiver to a new plane and want to rebind the receiver to it. Once the receiver is bound it stays bound to that one plane.
To rebind the receiver the bind port cannot have a battery plugged into it. This is time you use the other battery port or any open port on the receiver. Dennis
Dadstoysbg is offline Find More Posts by Dadstoysbg
Old Oct 25, 2011, 06:22 PM
59 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadstoysbg View Post
You need not rebind unless you move the receiver to a new plane and want to rebind the receiver to it. Once the receiver is bound it stays bound to that one plane.
To rebind the receiver the bind port cannot have a battery plugged into it. This is time you use the other battery port or any open port on the receiver. Dennis
With Spektrum/JR (unlike other 2.4 radios) you do need to be able to rebind, as binding not only remembers the transmitter and memory slot, but also the throttle failsafe and the initial positions of the servos. So if you do significant reprogramming, you need to re-bind.

When using a receiver battery, the bind port can have the connector from the switch plugged into it. Then binding can be initiated by using the female bind plug on the charge/bind connector of the switch (provided it's a three-wire switch).
Daedalus66 is online now Find More Posts by Daedalus66