SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 20, 2015, 07:19 PM
Find More Posts by Topdogzrc
Wanted: More Time to Fly
Joined Aug 2014
261 Posts
Hey Andy, sorry to bother you again, but my dad wanted me to bring this up with you. Our DX7S is having issues on multiple aircraft. The first issue was on an Ultra Stick with a DSMX AR6210. The elevator was moving at a slow rate of speed. Turned the TX and RX on and off and no issue again. On that same day we had the ailerons not even move on another plane with a AR 7610 DSMX RX but the rest of the control surfaces moved.
A few days later I tested the equipment and the TX would not link up to the AR 7610 at all on the first attempt. Moved the sticks and nothing.Turned the TX and RX off and on again and it worked fine with no issue and it could not be reproduced will all control surfaces moving.
Today I tried linking to a third aircraft with a AR600 DSMX RX and it took 30 seconds to even link up.

The issue is....
Is this a transmitter failure? He's concerned because these are intermittent issues that occurred over the period of two weeks and have not been possible to reproduce despite a ton of testing.

Looks like my dad and I are snake-bitten for luck with Spektrum gear right now and it's a bit of a headache.

Cheers
Topdogzrc is offline Find More Posts by Topdogzrc
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 20, 2015, 08:02 PM
Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
29,217 Posts
What were you seeing on the Monitor screen? That tells you what's going out to the RF.

If the servo is moving slowly there could be a number of explanations, from a failing servo to power to a bad receiver.

Problems with them reconnecting are usually due to the aircraft being too close to the ground. Competition glider pilots used to complain about this, but once they picked the models off the ground they'd link instantly.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 20, 2015, 08:10 PM
Joined Aug 2014
261 Posts
Didn't go to the monitor screen because the problem has been so intermittent. Where it would fail and then attempts to try to make it fail again produced no duplication of the issue.
It seems it may be a TX failure because it was three separate aircraft, and so intermittent.
Not sure if this can be solved easily...
Thanks for your support though, this is going to be an annoying one to solve.

PS: I kept the TX a foot away give or take for the tests to avoid the issue. Hmmm....
Also the servo has been working fine in the Ultra Stick. It was a one time thing.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 08:24 PM
Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
29,217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topdogzrc View Post
PS: I kept the TX a foot away give or take for the tests to avoid the issue. Hmmm....
A foot between tx and rx? Separate them a bit more.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 20, 2015, 09:12 PM
Joined Aug 2014
261 Posts
Sounds like a good test idea. I'm just concerned that if it fails on the ground it'll fail in the air. And the RX voltages are fine and the orange bind light is a solid orange in each case when things work. It was just so odd that the Stick's servo was slow and the rest were fine but when reset everything was fine. Or when the Giles linked up everything worked but the ailerons during the one test though the receiver showed no indication of a problem...