Closed Thread
Old Jul 22, 2014, 05:02 PM
Joined Jul 2014
3 Posts
New Product
3D Printed Frames - Cheap! at www.go3dengineer.com

Please visit our website at www.go3dengineer.com
Go3DEngineer is offline Find More Posts by Go3DEngineer
Last edited by Go3DEngineer; Jul 31, 2014 at 07:42 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 23, 2014, 04:24 AM
Joined Jan 2014
47 Posts
I wonder how much to print all those parts out? how stiff compare to CF or GF?
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:261145/#files
aerobee is offline Find More Posts by aerobee
Old Jul 23, 2014, 07:46 AM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined May 2013
43 Posts
Total bummer - those are not your designs. In fact - that "any logo" koosie is a clear case of copyright infringement.

Also, those quadcopter designs on thingiverse are licensed for "non-commercial use only"... meaning they're fine to download and print for personal use - but you can not print and sell them. You didn't even take your own photos.

I'd recommend removing this post and rethinking your business model. The designers of those frames are almost all active members of this community.
brannnt is online now Find More Posts by brannnt
Old Jul 23, 2014, 08:12 AM
Joined Jul 2014
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go3DEngineer View Post
My name is David Dagenais and I am the owner of Go3DEngineer. We are a 3D printing company and we have made several 3D printed frames for Mini Multirotors. If you find something you like on Thingiverse.com we would be happy to provide a quote. We can make your parts overnight and have it delivered in 3-4 days!

Please visit our website at www.go3dengineer.com
What are the printers used?
Channel5 is offline Find More Posts by Channel5
Old Jul 23, 2014, 09:27 AM
Hovership
United States, CA, Cupertino
Joined Aug 2010
1,008 Posts
You don't have my permission to sell my designs and definitely not use my photos. Not only are you violating the license you aren't even giving me credit for my work.

If you want a genuine Hovership MHQ, visit http://shop.hovership.com
3rdeyepro is offline Find More Posts by 3rdeyepro
Old Jul 23, 2014, 09:48 AM
Joined Mar 2014
205 Posts
Yea that's an awesome way to get sued. Have you read the license agreements on any one of those sites?

I'm with 3rdeyepro as well. You don't have any permission to use any of my designs or photos.

I think for good measure we should report you to:
•Shapeways
•Thingiverse
•MyMiniFactory
•3D Warehouse
•3Dcontentcentral
wesalbert is offline Find More Posts by wesalbert
Old Jul 23, 2014, 10:33 AM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Apr 2014
101 Posts
See What Happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdeyepro View Post
You don't have my permission to sell my designs and definitely not use my photos. Not only are you violating the license you aren't even giving me credit for my work.

If you want a genuine Hovership MHQ, visit http://shop.hovership.com
See what happens when you try and steal someone else's property.
lasicm is offline Find More Posts by lasicm
Old Jul 23, 2014, 10:34 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,834 Posts
That doesn't stop HK.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Jul 23, 2014, 10:43 AM
Joined Mar 2014
205 Posts
Hovership is $22 from hovership.com (the original designer), but $31 from the poster? Seems like a no brainer
Old Jul 23, 2014, 12:06 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Apr 2014
101 Posts
No Brains

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesalbert View Post
Hovership is $22 from hovership.com (the original designer), but $31 from the poster? Seems like a no brainer
Seems like a no Brainer to me too...
lasicm is offline Find More Posts by lasicm
Old Jul 24, 2014, 04:51 PM
Joined Jul 2014
3 Posts
If someone wants something printed that is available for free download on a website, but they don't have a 3D printer, is it not acceptable to charge for material costs and setup time to print on my machines? I am not charging for the design, nor am I claiming I designed it. And as far as recognition, they should know who designed it because they are the ones who downloaded it.
Go3DEngineer is offline Find More Posts by Go3DEngineer
Old Jul 26, 2014, 03:29 AM
Joined Jan 2014
47 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
That doesn't stop HK.
That doesn't stop GLB either.
They even have their watermark on your photo, selling for $76 with shipping, they are just thief.
Should report to RCG & banned all their advertisement here.

http://www.goodluckbuy.com/3d-printe...ticopters.html
aerobee is offline Find More Posts by aerobee
Old Jul 26, 2014, 03:16 PM
Hovership
United States, CA, Cupertino
Joined Aug 2010
1,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerobee View Post
That doesn't stop GLB either.
They even have their watermark on your photo, selling for $76 with shipping, they are just thief.
Should report to RCG & banned all their advertisement here.

http://www.goodluckbuy.com/3d-printe...ticopters.html
That one isn't mine. You can't blame GLB directly, they sell stuff from loads of independent Chinese factories. They don't research where the product designs come from.
3rdeyepro is offline Find More Posts by 3rdeyepro
Old Jul 26, 2014, 03:36 PM
Joined Mar 2014
205 Posts
Quote:
If someone wants something printed that is available for free download on a website, but they don't have a 3D printer, is it not acceptable to charge for material costs and setup time to print on my machines? I am not charging for the design, nor am I claiming I designed it. And as far as recognition, they should know who designed it because they are the ones who downloaded it.
um no...
Under the creative commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License you can NOT Use the material for commercial purposes.
A commercial use is one primarily intended for commercial advantage or monetary compensation. (this would be you)
Last edited by wesalbert; Jul 26, 2014 at 05:38 PM.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 05:47 PM
Joined Mar 2014
205 Posts
Quote:
nor am I claiming I designed it. And as far as recognition, they should know who designed it because they are the ones who downloaded it.
yea actually you did claim that. Depends on how you define the word "made" that you used.
I love how you edited your first post from what you originally posted. Looks like you removed a few things from your website as well.

Quote:
My name is David Dagenais and I am the owner of Go3DEngineer. We are a 3D printing company and we have made several 3D printed frames for Mini Multirotors. If you find something you like on Thingiverse.com we would be happy to provide a quote. We can make your parts overnight and have it delivered in 3-4 days!

Please visit our website at www.go3dengineer.com.
Last edited by wesalbert; Jul 26, 2014 at 06:12 PM.
Closed Thread