to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 05, 2014, 03:50 PM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,815 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmodels View Post
Flight Report: Well flight #156 finally bit me in the ass. Was trying high speed rolling circles about 8' off the dj and put her in full negative. Surprisingly enough just broke canopy, skids and stripped out about 20 teeth off the main gear but... It still flies! Here is the proof, I can't kill his damn bird. As a joke after the post flight crash flight I even did a inverted TH landing. Hitec servos and electronics held up Great!
Oh my that thing is crying for new gears lol.
Beat on it man, beat on it.
Your radio is awesome, i didn't know anyone made skins for Transmitters, where did you get that? wonder if anyone make any for the old old DX7
epoweredrc is offline Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Last edited by epoweredrc; Jul 18, 2014 at 11:50 AM.
Old Jul 05, 2014, 04:10 PM
Chris Reibert #78
Joined Dec 2008
434 Posts
Oh ya I treated her to a new canopy, blades, bearings, and gear!

Here is the vinyl info.
Tell him Chris sent ya

Team Ninja - Joe Reyes
Vinyl wraps, pilot names, graphix and More...
Father and 12yr old son team!
E-Mail: gammagraphix@aol.com
crmodels is offline Find More Posts by crmodels
Old Jul 13, 2014, 10:19 AM
Chris Reibert #78
Joined Dec 2008
434 Posts
Flight Report: 162 flights on my CFX now and it was finally time to treat it to a new motor, blade grip bearing kit, dampers, spindle, canopy and blades. She's all lubed up and flying better then ever with tons of power. Stock tail servo, ESC and BeastX still going strong!

The 300's Blade 300CFX, LYNX 300DFC, Blade 300X.

Old Jul 26, 2014, 09:58 PM
California
Joined Jul 2007
175 Posts
No!!!!
hobby-plane-rc is offline Find More Posts by hobby-plane-rc
Old Jul 26, 2014, 10:04 PM
Chris Reibert #78
Joined Dec 2008
434 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobby-plane-rc View Post
No!!!!
No what?
She's all back together and better than ever!
Old Jul 27, 2014, 09:57 AM
Joined Jan 2012
555 Posts
My tail servo finally seized on flight #207. Even though I hit TH before she hit, cost me a main shaft, feathering shaft, tail box (thankfully the plastic one so the boom was undamaged), belt, main gear, and small crack in one of the Revo blades.

I had to replace the bottom bearing block anyway due to a stripped hole for the elevator servo and the head dampers were wearing, so no ill will against the tail servo. I'm impressed it lasted that long. First time I ever snapped a tail drive belt.

I'll be more proactive moving forward and swap the tail servo somewhere between 150 and 175 flights.
OrbitalGolem is offline Find More Posts by OrbitalGolem
Old Jul 28, 2014, 11:25 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,670 Posts
CRmodels . . . What motor will you be going with the second time around . Stock ?

If not. Have another you recommend ?

I'm still whippin mine around , although not very often maybe 4-6 times a week. I would be interested in the best available motor for this bird. .I don't even care if it only gives me 2 min of flight.
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Old Jul 29, 2014, 05:08 AM
Chris Reibert #78
Joined Dec 2008
434 Posts
I just threw another stock motor back in. I built myself a custom 300 so I don't fly the CFX anymore. I put it back to stock with all fresh parts and hung in ip in the wall until I need to teach someone how to fly with it.

Here is my new build

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2205130

Old Jul 29, 2014, 03:26 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
Joined Aug 2012
3,670 Posts
Nicely played. looks nice . . The 300CFX has proven to be a worthy enough heli for me to goof around with and not nickel and dime me. . I would recommend it over any Micro or bird of it's size to get ones feet wet with first.

Motor I have in it now is a 3800KV I believe. . Just does not have the "pop" in it that I like so much. . So off to do my homework and see what all is available that will fit.

Here is my Lil "grunt" Folks out at the field admire it. . But when I say take it for only $300 they shy away. . ha -
Old Jul 29, 2014, 03:52 PM
Chris Reibert #78
Joined Dec 2008
434 Posts
Nice look there D!
You are prob going to have to jump up to a 13T or 14T pinion with that KV motor.
That's what I had to do with my LYNX 300 build with the Scorpion 3900KV motor...
Old Jul 29, 2014, 07:29 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
Joined Aug 2012
3,670 Posts
Quote:
Nice look there D!
You are prob going to have to jump up to a 13T or 14T pinion with that KV motor.
That's what I had to do with my LYNX 300 build with the Scorpion 3900KV motor...
Agreed...i have those pinion..the only problem is they wont fit on motors shaft..again with the homework thing i need to do. Ha

Whats next on your list - What do you have you eye on ? Possible goblin 450 ?
Old Jul 29, 2014, 07:42 PM
Chris Reibert #78
Joined Dec 2008
434 Posts
You never know...
Here is my most recent build and review I'm working on.

Invertix 400 build and flying (7 min 51 sec)
Old Jul 29, 2014, 07:50 PM
Joined Jan 2012
555 Posts
Quote:
Nice look there D!
Everyone - I'm curious how often you change the tail bearings on the 300X and 300 CFX? My CFX is at 217 flights. I noticed some strange slow tail wag and strange tail noises after replacing the tail servo and tail box due to a recent crash. I adjusted the rudder rod length to ensure that the tail held in rate mode - wag was still there. On spool-down of the final flight today, I saw what resembled a tiny wobble in the tail-shaft. While replacing the tail-shaft and cleaning the bearings, I noticed that one of them is quite noisy. Is the 300 generally tolerant of noisy bearings or should I change them immediately, considering the number of flights? Could the slightly out-of-round tail-shaft have destroyed the bearing?
OrbitalGolem is offline Find More Posts by OrbitalGolem
Old Jul 29, 2014, 09:25 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
Joined Aug 2012
3,670 Posts
Very kool Chris. . Quads arnt my thing. But I dig that's there is nothing you wont fly. . I keep contemplating picking up a quad for the wife. . Anyways - Very kool video. . It's the first Inverted quad I have ever seen. - - - It's a safe bet your going to pick up a G450 . . . I look forward to a VERY thurough review. ( Im having second thoughts on the upcoming KDS chase 350 )

OrbitalGolem : Sorry I have no idea. . I usually trash my toys before bearings give way, and they end up being replaced in that manner