HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 12, 2014, 01:04 PM
United States, CA, Torrance
Joined Apr 2012
716 Posts
Great stuff. Now use only one screw for both elastic bands in the middle of the control surface piece (so that one is routed above , the other under the axis piece) and you gain some more weight. If I understood correctly it should work the same.
This has to be the best mechanical implementation of madstab I've seen so far. Simplest, least susceptible of problems, most likely the lightest.
I had a very clever system in development, but at the end of the day I think yours takes the cake on all aspects. Bravo!
Michael V is offline Find More Posts by Michael V
Last edited by Michael V; Sep 12, 2014 at 01:11 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 12, 2014, 01:18 PM
United States, CA, Torrance
Joined Apr 2012
716 Posts
Even better, if one wants a madstab that can be taken apart, then the pin becomes the attachment point for both elastics between the two halves.
Michael V is offline Find More Posts by Michael V
Old Sep 12, 2014, 01:59 PM
Winging it >
Joined May 2006
9,573 Posts
Thanks Michael!

A single screw would work fine. I used two because on the Fusion the stab/foam is in the way and it is easier to use two screws; one slightly above and one slightly below the stab/foam.

I'm planning on implementing this set up on the pink Fusion for testing as soon as I get back to LA.

Dan
leadfeather is online now Find More Posts by leadfeather
Old Sep 14, 2014, 10:33 AM
United States, CA, Mission Viejo
Joined Nov 2010
936 Posts
That's awesome Dan! I am looking forward to seeing how well this works "in flight" Once again, it's a very innovative design. Pretty slick!

Oh, were you able to use the clips that were supplied with the bands? Perhaps they would make for an easy quick change in case a band fails...
Buenperro is offline Find More Posts by Buenperro
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Multifun
Old Sep 14, 2014, 05:41 PM
Winging it >
Joined May 2006
9,573 Posts
I haven't used the clips for the mock up but I might for the "real deal". They are nice and they are stronger than the elastics themselves. The clips are also designed so that therubber is captured once the band is pulledinto the clip.

I went with clear. They disappear very easily when dropped.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 06:45 PM
SoCal
Joined May 2006
177 Posts
Dan, When are you going to be in SoCal next? Looking forward to seeing
the Fusion fly.

Stay cool my friend.

Ron in (blistering hot) SoCal
rrunyan is offline Find More Posts by rrunyan
Old Sep 14, 2014, 08:51 PM
Winging it >
Joined May 2006
9,573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrunyan View Post
Dan, When are you going to be in SoCal next? Looking forward to seeing
the Fusion fly.

Stay cool my friend.

Ron in (blistering hot) SoCal
Hot Ron,

I should be at the Bluffs next weekend with Fusion in hand. I'm hooping the construction fence will be down by then.

Hope to see you there and that it is not too hot at the beach... I love that place,
lead
Old Sep 14, 2014, 10:28 PM
SoCal
Joined May 2006
177 Posts
Lead, See ya next weekend.

Ron in (still hot) SoCal
rrunyan is offline Find More Posts by rrunyan