SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 05, 2012, 08:21 AM
Illegitimi non carborundum
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Mar 2011
1,202 Posts
Discussion
Removing sticker residue - with peanut butter.

I recently acquired a used plane that was covered in stickers. Most came off without a problem but there was a big one on the fuse that left a lot of itself behind.

I tried the usual list of cleaners. 99% IP alcohol, acetone, WD-40, naphtha, Mr. Clean Magic Eraser - a little came off but mostly it just got smeared around. I had found a page titled 30 Helpful Items To Remove Sticky Adhesive Goo and I went back to it to read the replies at the bottom. Seems a lot of people had success with peanut butter when nothing else worked, so I decided to try it.

I don't quite know why or how, but it worked really well. Almost all of the goo is gone now and with a little more elbow grease I can take care of the last of it.

WD40 was very helpful in removing the peanut butter. I'll take more pictures when I get to the other side of the fuse.
grosbeak is offline Find More Posts by grosbeak
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2012, 06:48 PM
The Hun in the Sun
Canada, BC, Comox
Joined Nov 2003
7,384 Posts
What a great idea. You have to wonder how anybody ever came up with it. I hope you wiped that fuselage off with a slice of bread.
vonJaerschky is online now Find More Posts by vonJaerschky
Old Oct 09, 2012, 01:20 AM
Team Tracon !!!
Canada, BC, Gibsons
Joined Jan 2003
2,747 Posts
I once saw a person use peanut butter to remove gum from their hair in school once also...worked great!
Tracon is offline Find More Posts by Tracon
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:57 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
20,912 Posts
If peanut butter works, cooking oil should also work.... Mazola, canola, etc.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy