HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 14, 2012, 03:37 PM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,687 Posts
Tower has prices and so does Todd's, tower doesn't mention the free Anylink module with purchase of a plane, but Todd's does. I'm thinking about it.
village_idiot is offline Find More Posts by village_idiot
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2012, 05:12 PM
Figure 9 Expert
USA
Joined Feb 2007
665 Posts
This looks amazing. 1 the plane looks awesome. 2 its an actual EDF. 3 Did i mention that its an EDF?

Plus the anylink receiver removes the original barrier that has kept me in the Horizon Hobby camp since I've started RC, being locked in with a proprietary RC protocol. Although the idea behind anylink isn't anything new, I believe you've been able to purchase futuba modules for years, its perfect. I don't think i'll have a problem sticking a module to the back of my beloved Dx-7.
One question i do have, that i am unsure anyone can answer just yet, is will this system allow the use of separate model memories for each anylink aircraft?

Alright, now some money. I don't really need those textbooks for classes right?

Philip
Chompers is offline Find More Posts by Chompers
Old Jan 14, 2012, 05:37 PM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,687 Posts
This is the first system that comes with trainer connections, there are a couple of systems that come as "universal" but this is the first (outside of Plantraco) that is designed to connect to the trainer for use and supplies the connections you need. It's a great idea for receiver ready models and is also a reason why I've avoided some of these types of planes. Only thing that bugs me is I just got an email back saying the Anylink does not work with surface transmitters, was thinking of the 3 channel surface receiver for a vehicle.

Also it is obvious you've been brainwashed by the Spektrum integrated radios where each model has a model match... This is a module, you can fly models on the wrong memory setting. This also means you can have as many receivers bound to the system and as many different model memories as you want, you can even have different model memories on different radios for the same model. It's very flexible just like the other module based systems, but the downside is you better make sure to check the controls to make sure you are on the correct memory before flying. Same as the old days on FM/PCM.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 06:37 PM
Figure 9 Expert
USA
Joined Feb 2007
665 Posts
That is all fine and dandy but i really do not care about model match or only one receiver per model memory. I am quite capable of checking which model I am using before i take to the air. I was simply inquiring as to weather the system allowed the user to use different memories for separate models. Seeing as this is a 'new' technology, there are things that have not been officially addressed by the manufacture.

I appreciate your input, but in the future you may want to change your posting style so you don't get dinged for personal attacks.
-Philip
Chompers is offline Find More Posts by Chompers
Old Jan 14, 2012, 06:37 PM
Hobbico Employee
Champaign, IL
Joined Sep 2006
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by village_idiot View Post
Only thing that bugs me is I just got an email back saying the Anylink does not work with surface transmitters, was thinking of the 3 channel surface receiver for a vehicle.
AnyLink will talk to the 3-channel Tactic Rx that is used for surface models. The protocol is the same as that used for air.

One thing to note that probably created the confusion is this - you MUST have a trainer port for AnyLink to be used. I don't know of many surface radios that offer a trainer port.

-chris
dieter88 is offline Find More Posts by dieter88
Old Jan 14, 2012, 08:01 PM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,687 Posts
Chompers,

You missed the point... the transmitter module doesn't care what model memory you have chosen, you could have a million different model memories with the same number of different models and in theory the same number of receivers. The RF system doesn't care what you do or have set in the radio. All it cares about is that you are sending it PPM pulses and sending them in the correct order (or telling it which pulse corresponds to which function). This is pretty much standard for all the "external" modules.

And I don't really appreciate the snotty response and veiled threat when I was trying to help you understand how these systems all work. Go ahead and report me, we'll let the mods sort it out.

Chris,

Thanks. I was thinking I would just grab the PPM from the regular module pins on my 3PKS surface radio. The three channel receiver might make a decent parkflyer receiver once the plastic is removed to make it lighter. It also has a DSC connection which is one of the specs. listed for Anylink. It would just make another use out of this system to help justify the cost. For airplanes I use a Microstar2000 based TX, would be easy to make a dedicated connection for the Anylink since it only needs three connections (power, ground, PPM).
Old Jan 14, 2012, 09:36 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2010
4,367 Posts
How good is the tactic radio system? As solid as DSM2 or DSMx?
Cheese5 is offline Find More Posts by Cheese5
Old Jan 14, 2012, 10:07 PM
Hobbico Employee
Champaign, IL
Joined Sep 2006
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese5 View Post
How good is the tactic radio system? As solid as DSM2 or DSMx?
I don't know much more than it is a frequency-hopping system but I do know this; I have used numerous Tactic 2.4 radios is a wide variety of environments with great success. Big events like SEFF, JR Indoor, and E-Fest as well as in some surface stuff and I never had any trouble.
dieter88 is offline Find More Posts by dieter88
Old Jan 14, 2012, 11:03 PM
that's gonna leave a scar
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Aug 2007
3,475 Posts
i've actually have been looking for a micro edf !!! hate i gotta wait till March
KCinNC is offline Find More Posts by KCinNC
Old Jan 14, 2012, 11:10 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,786 Posts
I hope these are priced well cause I definateky want one
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Jan 14, 2012, 11:27 PM
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2005
1,937 Posts
Coool. Looks awesome!
But ANOTHER F-86?
MRGTX is offline Find More Posts by MRGTX
Old Jan 15, 2012, 05:20 AM
no discrimination, I crash all
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Nov 2011
302 Posts
Everyone better get the money ready it says Late January availability

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBVVD&P=7
ncsky is offline Find More Posts by ncsky
Old Jan 15, 2012, 07:46 AM
Canadian Bacon
Kingston, Canada
Joined Jun 2004
12,747 Posts
Don't know the big putdown with the HK Sabre if you've neve flown one. Same size. Throw their micro rcvr and a batt in and chuck it. Excellent little flier.
flypaper 2 is online now Find More Posts by flypaper 2
Old Jan 15, 2012, 11:00 AM
Doing it in the Lateral Axis
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
Tower price of $139.00. No mention as to if the any link comes with it for that price at the tower site...this price is for the TX-r version.

I like that Tower now takes Paypal.

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13266469084373
modfly is offline Find More Posts by modfly
Old Jan 15, 2012, 11:34 AM
Joined May 2011
420 Posts
Looks very nice and finally a micro edf from a reputable company. Extremely tempting offer.
PepeM is offline Find More Posts by PepeM