HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jun 13, 2012, 01:25 PM
Electronics slayer
SouthPawPaul's Avatar
Reading, UK
Joined Jul 2008
494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alteskind View Post
just tried to upload a software to a new flyduino mega (v 2.1)

unfortunately i get errors......

"avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x0000
0x0c != 0x14
avrdude: verification error; content mismatch
"



someone an idea, whats going wrong?
Could it be this?
http://www.arduino.cc/playground/Code/MegaISP

or maybe this helps?
http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/...m=1238002152/1
SouthPawPaul is offline Find More Posts by SouthPawPaul
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 14, 2012, 12:11 AM
Able to learn fly
Deutschland, BY, München
Joined Aug 2011
28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alteskind View Post
just tried to upload a software to a new flyduino mega (v 2.1)

unfortunately i get errors......

"avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x0000
0x0c != 0x14
avrdude: verification error; content mismatch
"



someone an idea, whats going wrong?
You've got the wrong board in the settings of the Arduino IDE. Change to "Mega..."
Galumbo is offline Find More Posts by Galumbo
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2012, 05:23 AM
Registered User
Deutschland, Schleswig-Holstein, Kiel
Joined Jan 2011
431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galumbo View Post
You've got the wrong board in the settings of the Arduino IDE. Change to "Mega..."

no, settings are correct as it works with another flyduino.
alteskind is offline Find More Posts by alteskind
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2012, 02:35 PM
OS Sponsor
kinderkram's Avatar
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alteskind View Post
no, settings are correct as it works with another flyduino.
Worst case: a damaged FTDI/USB.
Do you use one of those sparkfun bobs? I have several of them with different faults...
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2012, 04:20 PM
Registered User
Deutschland, Schleswig-Holstein, Kiel
Joined Jan 2011
431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderkram View Post
Worst case: a damaged FTDI/USB.
Do you use one of those sparkfun bobs? I have several of them with different faults...
it works with another flyduino mega....

but with this mega it uploads (fast blinking) and then gives that error.
there is nothing flashed to themega then.
alteskind is offline Find More Posts by alteskind
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2012, 05:31 PM
It wasn't me
r0sewhite's Avatar
Augsburg, Germany
Joined Mar 2010
428 Posts
After I had a motor failure with Wookong and found out that the Wookong is NOT ABLE to stabilize the copter under such conditions, I switched back to MultiWii.

Now turn on the sound and take a look at this (Flyduino with FreeIMU 0.4 and DEV 20120504):

X8 motor failure (2 min 51 sec)
r0sewhite is offline Find More Posts by r0sewhite
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2012, 07:27 PM
Registered User
M4d_D's Avatar
Joined Dec 2006
845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0sewhite View Post
After I had a motor failure with Wookong and found out that the Wookong is NOT ABLE to stabilize the copter under such conditions, I switched back to MultiWii.

Now turn on the sound and take a look at this (Flyduino with FreeIMU 0.4 and DEV 20120504):

http://vimeo.com/44066195
wookong did not stabilize the copter ? what happened ? did the smartdrones motor fail or did you try another copter ? ... könntest du mir darüber bitte mehr erzählen weil mich das gerade leicht verunsichert
M4d_D is offline Find More Posts by M4d_D
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2012, 07:40 PM
It wasn't me
r0sewhite's Avatar
Augsburg, Germany
Joined Mar 2010
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4d_D View Post
wookong did not stabilize the copter ? what happened ? did the smartdrones motor fail or did you try another copter ? ... könntest du mir darüber bitte mehr erzählen weil mich das gerade leicht verunsichert
This copter became uncontrollable with Wookong after a motor failed. Wait a few more days until my review on microcopters.de is released. Just a few notes so far:
1) Atti Mode + Firmware 5.06 + motor fail = crash
2) Atti Mode + Firmware <=5.02 + motor fail = hard to control
3) If a motor fails, switch back to manual mode immediately and be careful with the throttle stick. That's the best chance to get the copter down without a crash.
r0sewhite is offline Find More Posts by r0sewhite
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2012, 08:27 PM
Registered User
M4d_D's Avatar
Joined Dec 2006
845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0sewhite View Post
This copter became uncontrollable with Wookong after a motor failed. Wait a few more days until my review on microcopters.de is released. Just a few notes so far:
1) Atti Mode + Firmware 5.06 + motor fail = crash
2) Atti Mode + Firmware <=5.02 + motor fail = hard to control
3) If a motor fails, switch back to manual mode immediately and be careful with the throttle stick. That's the best chance to get the copter down without a crash.
thanks for your fast response , ill have a look on your page in the next days

not great for putting some fotographers on the sticks who have never flown a model airplane or helicopter
M4d_D is offline Find More Posts by M4d_D
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2012, 09:24 PM
Registered User
nr. Stuttgart / Germany
Joined Feb 2007
82 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alteskind View Post
just tried to upload a software to a new flyduino mega (v 2.1)

unfortunately i get errors......

"avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x0000
0x0c != 0x14
avrdude: verification error; content mismatch
"



someone an idea, whats going wrong?
I also have the same problem with a new flyduino mega board. It uploads the code but when starting verifiying it says type mismatch. FDTI is working proberly with Arduino Mini though. The code seems to work as i can upload Megapirates code and check the performance with the APM planner.

Can it be a general problem with the new boards ?
Joachim08 is offline Find More Posts by Joachim08
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2012, 06:32 AM
Registered User
Deutschland, Schleswig-Holstein, Kiel
Joined Jan 2011
431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim08 View Post
I also have the same problem with a new flyduino mega board. It uploads the code but when starting verifiying it says type mismatch. FDTI is working proberly with Arduino Mini though. The code seems to work as i can upload Megapirates code and check the performance with the APM planner.

Can it be a general problem with the new boards ?
multiwii code doesnt work.
i will return mine.....
alteskind is offline Find More Posts by alteskind
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2012, 10:56 AM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2011
188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alteskind View Post
multiwii code doesnt work.
i will return mine.....
Hi alteskind,

which arduino version do you use? maybe you can try and re-flash the boot loader.

aBUGsworstnightmare
aBUGSnightmare is offline Find More Posts by aBUGSnightmare
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2012, 03:01 PM
Registered User
Germering, S-Germany
Joined Nov 2010
21 Posts
Hi alteskind,

yesterday I received my new mega board 2.1 from paul. Just loaded
succesful development version 0606 and and communication via
WiiConfig also was without problems.

mfg from Bavaria
Olaf
vistauser is offline Find More Posts by vistauser
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2012, 03:37 PM
Registered User
Deutschland, Schleswig-Holstein, Kiel
Joined Jan 2011
431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aBUGSnightmare View Post
Hi alteskind,

which arduino version do you use? maybe you can try and re-flash the boot loader.

aBUGsworstnightmare
tried 023, 1.0 and 1.01

unfortunately i do not own a progger which is stk500v2 capable.
alteskind is offline Find More Posts by alteskind
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2012, 03:52 PM
Registered User
Goofy23's Avatar
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
Impressive copter Tilman.

the new batch is of real good quality really, top notch PCB and pro soldering, CPUs from a official Atmel supplier proffesionally preprogrammed here in Germany,but if you have problems, you know me guys, write me a mail, i am the least who dont care.

Btw. we got a manual now!
http://flyduino.net/documents/Flydumega_manual.pdf
Goofy23 is offline Find More Posts by Goofy23
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Please let me introduce myself jimaquo Dock Talk 7 Oct 27, 2010 02:27 AM
Let me introduce the DEMON!!!! (Transparent covering and eliptical wing!!!) modest-master Sport Planes 7 Aug 25, 2002 11:46 PM
Let me introduce Angelis 280/400, Benjamin, Zombi (ARFs) modest-master Parkflyers 17 Mar 14, 2002 01:20 PM
Let me introduce the "NIKE" modest-master Electric Sailplanes 3 Mar 07, 2002 05:20 AM