SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Nov 27, 2009, 07:18 PM
Joined Dec 2003
561 Posts
Discussion
Kiona Publishers (Wil Byers)

Hello guys:
Just a friendly reminder that about a dozen set of plans that Wil Byer sells are mine and he continues to sell them without ANY form of remuneration to me as was the legal agreement.

Please do not support him!!!!!

I have made them available FREE on my web site!!!!

www.vintagesailplaner.com
Happy Holidays
Jim
vintagesailplnr is offline Find More Posts by vintagesailplnr
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2009, 11:55 PM
United States, CA, Folsom
Joined Jul 2007
2,533 Posts
Jim,
This is totally inappropriate here. If you have a problem with Kiona, please take it to a more appropriate forum.

JT
jtlsf5 is online now Find More Posts by jtlsf5
Old Nov 28, 2009, 12:05 AM
Confirmed Chronic
Pacific Palisades, CA
Joined Jul 2004
9,224 Posts
Consider a small claims action. But nice move making them available for free!
screamin' eagle is offline Find More Posts by screamin' eagle
Old Nov 28, 2009, 11:05 AM
United States, MI, Ann Arbor
Joined Feb 2008
537 Posts
You don't say how he is selling them exactly, via the web or via RCG.

If it is via the web, including RCG, and you own the copyright to the plans a DMCA take down notice should get them off the web pretty quickly.

The ISP and/or webhost must respond to the DMCA take down notice or they become liable for the infringement.

A quick google search turned up a decent example of how to send the notice:
http://rising.blackstar.com/how-to-s...wn-notice.html

And of course wikipedia provides lots of details on DMCA in general:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMCA
TacoChuck is offline Find More Posts by TacoChuck
Old Nov 28, 2009, 03:19 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2008
2,937 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtlsf5 View Post
Jim,
This is totally inappropriate here. If you have a problem with Kiona, please take it to a more appropriate forum.

JT
THIS IS VENDOR TALK !!!!!!!!!!!!! Where would you expect him to take his complaint ? GO AWAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!
init4fun is offline Find More Posts by init4fun
Last edited by init4fun; Nov 28, 2009 at 05:27 PM.
Old Nov 28, 2009, 03:30 PM
Joined Dec 2003
561 Posts
My Thanks?

I was trying to protect my fellow list members and this is the THANKS?
Jim

Quote:
Jim,

JT
vintagesailplnr is offline Find More Posts by vintagesailplnr
Old Nov 28, 2009, 03:49 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2008
2,937 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagesailplnr View Post
I was trying to protect my fellow list members and this is the THANKS?
Jim
Hi vintagesailplanr , Please dont be discouraged ! In my opinion you have every right to defend your rights to your plans and too bad for anyone who doesnt like it . The person who disparaged your post has his own "reputation issues" here anyway so untill he clears up HIS past he has NO right to belittle anyone on this forum ! MY reputation is squeaky clean here and I agree with YOU
Old Nov 28, 2009, 03:50 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2008
2,937 Posts
And by the way , I dont even fly sailplanes {but I do think theyre great machines}
Old Nov 28, 2009, 04:56 PM
Joined Jul 2007
2,533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by init4fun View Post
And by the way , I dont even fly sailplanes {but I do think theyre great machines}
Probably a good thing, you don't seem to have a very good attitude. Maybe you should change your user name, it doesn't fit. You seem to have a great time joining in the threads that rip people. And since you don't generally seem to get all the facts before expressing your opinion, this thread showed first showed up in the For Sale section. Its now where it belongs.
Old Nov 28, 2009, 05:15 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2008
2,937 Posts
Quote:
Probably a good thing, you don't seem to have a very good attitude. Maybe you should change your user name, it doesn't fit. You seem to have a great time joining in the threads that rip people. And since you don't generally seem to get all the facts before expressing your opinion, this thread showed first showed up in the For Sale section. Its now where it belongs.
Thanks for reporting me rather than being man enough to confront me personally about my totally true and factual post . I have fun right up untill I see someone taking advantage of someone else , which is what you did to the wingbag dude {Tom Wolfe ?} . I gave you the benifit of the doubt when it came to the other guy you had problems with because i felt he WAS unreasonable , But you ruined your cred with me with the wingbag deal . Have fun as the First person ever to make my ignore list
Last edited by init4fun; Nov 28, 2009 at 05:31 PM. Reason: so everyone can love each other again . YAAAAK !
Old Nov 28, 2009, 05:34 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2008
2,937 Posts
All my posts are now in compliance with rc groups policy . Are there any more reports some of our more "sensitive" members would like to make ????????
Old Nov 28, 2009, 05:51 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2008
2,937 Posts
Quote:
OH and by the way , YOUR post sure sounds like a "personal attack" to me and yet you didnt see me jumping on the report button did you ? Just something to think about
Old Nov 28, 2009, 05:51 PM
Launch and Recovery System
United States, CA, Laguna Beach
Joined Apr 2008
1,373 Posts
:-)
L.A.R.S. is offline Find More Posts by L.A.R.S.
Last edited by L.A.R.S.; Nov 29, 2009 at 03:08 PM. Reason: dont want to be part of this thread
Old Nov 28, 2009, 07:22 PM
Joined Jul 2007
2,533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by init4fun View Post
OH and by the way , YOUR post sure sounds like a "personal attack" to me and yet you didnt see me jumping on the report button did you ? Just something to think about
If you think you have case go for it. Glad I made your Ignore list, I wouldn't do business with you given your penchant for the slam forum. And again, you sit on the sidelines and only have some of the facts regarding my dealings, I won't bore you with the other, you'd ignore it anyways...
Old Nov 28, 2009, 07:49 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2008
2,937 Posts
Quote:
If you think you have case go for it. Glad I made your Ignore list, I wouldn't do business with you given your penchant for the slam forum. And again, you sit on the sidelines and only have some of the facts regarding my dealings, I won't bore you with the other, you'd ignore it anyways...
OK , Im a reasonable person {even if that doesnt always show here on the forums } and everyone deserves the right to explain themselves , so please explain to me how selling a wing bag with a small rip , dog hairs , and grass clippings in it as new makes you an honest person . Beleive me ive read EVERY lousy word of the "bag deal thread" so there arent TOO many "facts" im missing . Enlighten me . Change my mind . The floor is yours............................................. ............................................
Closed Thread