HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 06:26 AM
United States, MN, Maplewood
Joined Jul 2003
220 Posts
are you running all of your servos through the receiver, and on the flight battery only?
ZAGI CRAZEE is offline Find More Posts by ZAGI CRAZEE
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 01:00 PM
United States, FL, Altamonte Springs
Joined Jun 2012
1,569 Posts
I used TGY-616MG on the ailerons in the build (pre-maiden) but they jittered so violently on the ground - I decided to throw them into an EF Edge 60" and go with 7245MH on the Beast. Haven't looked back - I love the 7245 servos.

Be careful of the jitter... what might seem ok on the ground will eventually cause a servo arm to crack or wear out. I had an arm break apart due to the constant vibrations. Took about 50 flights to happen. Using short geometry (shorter arm or move rods closer to servo center) alleviates some of the jittering.
voxel is offline Find More Posts by voxel
Old Today, 01:21 AM
so and so and so on
China, Shanghai
Joined May 2013
206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAGI CRAZEE View Post
are you running all of your servos through the receiver, and on the flight battery only?
Yes. 6 digital servos go into each channel of AR8000, and the throttle and Aux3 channels are connected with the ESC. Hobbywing 100A V3 ESC has a backup thread, besides the general thread to Throttle channel, in order to ensure sufficient current supply. In this particular thread, 2 wires are for power supply and the last wire is for RPM detection. 4 aileron servos are connected to Aileron, Gear, Aux1, and Aux2 channels respectively. I use flight battery branded 'Fuli / RedZone', 5000MAH for both the power and the control. 5mins flight per batter with mainly 50-80% throttle is fine with me.
jeff4steel is offline Find More Posts by jeff4steel
Old Today, 02:10 AM
so and so and so on
China, Shanghai
Joined May 2013
206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxel View Post
I used TGY-616MG on the ailerons in the build (pre-maiden) but they jittered so violently on the ground - I decided to throw them into an EF Edge 60" and go with 7245MH on the Beast. Haven't looked back - I love the 7245 servos.

Be careful of the jitter... what might seem ok on the ground will eventually cause a servo arm to crack or wear out. I had an arm break apart due to the constant vibrations. Took about 50 flights to happen. Using short geometry (shorter arm or move rods closer to servo center) alleviates some of the jittering.
Thank you! I am indeed concerned with this jitter. If your TGY-616MG couldn't work well in Beast previously, I now really doubt how long my TGY-390V would last and how badly they might lead to. It seems I will have to redo a lot of work to put something else into those 4 cabinets.
jeff4steel is offline Find More Posts by jeff4steel
Old Today, 11:44 AM
Beast 60E Maniac
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Feb 2010
925 Posts
Hi Jeff
Congrats and thanks for the pictures.
Every maiden report makes me happy and remember me to this great plane.
Now its a winter break for the Beast and she is waiting bravely for summer.
SLK Count is offline Find More Posts by SLK Count