HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 19, 2014, 10:56 AM
United States, LA, Pineville
Joined Dec 2012
267 Posts
Hey guys, is it a common issue with the V913 to go through main gears like candy? I mean it seems since I changed over to the brushless main conversion if I have a not so perfect "emergency" landing(even getting off the throttle) it chips or shears a tooth ot two on the main gear. And let me tell you it will NOT get up off the ground once the gear is missing a tooth or two! It'll spool up and everything but will not get airborne. I change the main gear out and bingo, flys like new every time! I just ordered 10 more main gears from BG since they were on sale @ .99 each for spares. Just seems that there would be a stronger main gear for it. But at the same time I guess if somethings going to give under strain, it'd rather be that than anything more expensive. Just food for thought
PonyMan is offline Find More Posts by PonyMan
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 19, 2014, 10:59 AM
United States, LA, Pineville
Joined Dec 2012
267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifinsword View Post
Waaaayyyy COOOLLLL!!

PM, you're the (pony) MAN!
Don
Thanks Don!!

My next one will be the P-40 olive drab green, no netting, with the flying tiger teeth and original eyes. Maybe some military orange/yellow trim here or there. I'll post that one when done too.
PonyMan is offline Find More Posts by PonyMan
Last edited by PonyMan; Oct 19, 2014 at 11:15 AM.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 03:16 PM
Blue Skies
United States, VA, Williamsburg
Joined May 2012
1,284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyMan View Post
Thanks Don!!

My next one will be the P-40 olive drab green, no netting, with the flying tiger teeth and original eyes. Maybe some military orange/yellow trim here or there. I'll post that one when done too.
Looking forward to seeing that one too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyMan View Post
Hey guys, is it a common issue with the V913 to go through main gears like candy? I mean it seems since I changed over to the brushless main conversion if I have a not so perfect "emergency" landing(even getting off the throttle) it chips or shears a tooth ot two on the main gear. And let me tell you it will NOT get up off the ground once the gear is missing a tooth or two! It'll spool up and everything but will not get airborne. I change the main gear out and bingo, flys like new every time! I just ordered 10 more main gears from BG since they were on sale @ .99 each for spares. Just seems that there would be a stronger main gear for it. But at the same time I guess if somethings going to give under strain, it'd rather be that than anything more expensive. Just food for thought
It has not been common to lose main gears up till now. It seems these BL motors are acting a lot like a CP helo eating gears. It's pretty much a sure thing if your blade hits something at power on a CP, the gear gets eaten. CP pilots use the THROTTLE HOLD switch if it gets close to crashing. I learned with FP helos and planes to minimize the Throttle to kill power. These BL motors may be too strong for the gears if you don't get the power cut quickly enough?

My gears seem to be off on the mesh since going BL with the 1612 BL motor. They're either too loose or too tight or misaligned vertically. I'm waiting for a new BL motor before I try again. I'm also waiting for some Red High Strength Loctite to get my aluminum swash put back together. It split in two on me. I used thin CA for the 1st repair but it only lasted about 2 mins.
Don
hifinsword is online now Find More Posts by hifinsword
RCG Plus Member