Old Oct 09, 2012, 04:32 PM
# Scale is a way of life
United States, OH, Avon Lake
Joined Apr 2010
1,851 Posts
Discussion
Tracking system

Anyone know how to make it work?
It seams I'm never able to make the tracking numbers show anything until USPS have it
scale_only is online now Find More Posts by scale_only
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2012, 05:53 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,006 Posts
Check from 2nd post down.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...r#post22467754

Let us know if this process is not working. It works for me so it should work for all.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Oct 10, 2012, 05:03 AM
# Scale is a way of life
Joined Apr 2010
1,851 Posts
No, it doesn't come up with anything. Once it is in USPS possession then maybe it will work
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:16 AM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,006 Posts
Oops, re-reading your post, that's exactly correct. I originally thought you weren't able to get any USPS tracking.

One big snag in the system, at least for me, after it hits the sorting/customs center in the NY area, the tracking stops for all practical purposes. Many times I'll receive the package and the tracking is still showing it at the sorting center. It also seems to take a long time, up to a couple of weeks to get through customs/sorting.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:44 AM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy View Post
Oops, re-reading your post, that's exactly correct. I originally thought you weren't able to get any USPS tracking.

One big snag in the system, at least for me, after it hits the sorting/customs center in the NY area, the tracking stops for all practical purposes. Many times I'll receive the package and the tracking is still showing it at the sorting center. It also seems to take a long time, up to a couple of weeks to get through customs/sorting.
I have found this to be true, and false. SOME packages show tracking the whole way, some packages show they are still in customs when I have them in my hand. Its not anything to do with hobbyking, just the courier.
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:51 AM
# Scale is a way of life
Joined Apr 2010
1,851 Posts
I understand it's the Shipping service not Hobby King doing the shipping, but I thought other HK customers might have some insight how to make those tracking numbers work within that system. That part of the system never works,, that just seams odd to me, must be some way to work it or why woud it be there?
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:57 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scale_only View Post
I, but I thought other HK customers might have some insight how to make those tracking numbers work within that system. That part of the system never works,, that just seams odd to me, must be some way to work it or why woud it be there?

HK provides status on the order listing page until USPS picks it up and then USPS provides status.

Didn't HK check off that it had been shipped?
Using the methods given to you for using the tracking numbers, didn't USPS give you tracking information?
What part of all this is not working for you?

Sometimes it may sit in the HongKong shipping center for awhile before being shipped. My assumption is that they are acculmulating enough orders to fill a container of some kind for all the mail to NYC customs.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 02:19 PM
Actively makin humans obsolete
Northern Virginia
Joined Jul 2007
773 Posts
Quote:
HK provides status on the order listing page until USPS picks it up and then USPS provides status.

Didn't HK check off that it had been shipped?
Using the methods given to you for using the tracking numbers, didn't USPS give you tracking information?
What part of all this is not working for you?

Sometimes it may sit in the HongKong shipping center for awhile before being shipped. My assumption is that they are acculmulating enough orders to fill a container of some kind for all the mail to NYC customs.
There is the period of "what is going on with my package" when Hobbyking marks it as shipped with a tracking number, but the tracking number doesn't show up in any system.

I wish they wouldn't do this, there should be an in between state that marks it as "waiting to be shipped" or something, it is deceiving when it says its shipped but no information comes for days
Razor_Racer is offline Find More Posts by Razor_Racer
Old Oct 11, 2012, 02:56 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,006 Posts
Just for the sake of argument
If you sold something to me and dropped it off at the post office, what would you email me as to the status?
Shipped?
Waiting to be shipped?
??

If I check the tracking number and don't get a response, are you at fault?
Old Oct 11, 2012, 03:38 PM
Actively makin humans obsolete
Northern Virginia
Joined Jul 2007
773 Posts
Quote:
Just for the sake of argument
If you sold something to me and dropped it off at the post office, what would you email me as to the status?
Shipped?
Waiting to be shipped?
??

If I check the tracking number and don't get a response, are you at fault?
But dropping it at the post office, there around a day from tracking number generation to the post office scanning it in. There is still a limbo period where I don't know whats happening, but I know it won't last long. With hobbyking, you have no idea how long this limbo period is, which is the biggest weakness in their tracking chain.

I suppose I can't blame hobbyking since I don't know how shipping works over there. As soon as the package has a shipping label from the hobbyking warehouse, is it picked up the next day and it sits at the carriers facility for a few days before it gets scanned in? Or does it take a few days for the packages to be picked up from the hobbyking warehouse? I have no idea!!
Razor_Racer is offline Find More Posts by Razor_Racer
Old Oct 11, 2012, 04:10 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor_Racer View Post
But dropping it at the post office, there around a day from tracking number generation to the post office scanning it in. There is still a limbo period where I don't know whats happening, but I know it won't last long. With hobbyking, you have no idea how long this limbo period is, which is the biggest weakness in their tracking chain.

I suppose I can't blame hobbyking since I don't know how shipping works over there. As soon as the package has a shipping label from the hobbyking warehouse, is it picked up the next day and it sits at the carriers facility for a few days before it gets scanned in? Or does it take a few days for the packages to be picked up from the hobbyking warehouse? I have no idea!!
I agree, the actual reason for a delay at that point is a mystery. As I said, IMO it's the shipping company bundling the packages into one large container to minimize shipping costs. That also may be the reason it takes so long to get through customs. Just a guess worth the going price of guesses or $0 whichever is less.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 06:41 AM
# Scale is a way of life
Joined Apr 2010
1,851 Posts
[QUOTE=hoppy;22974038]HK provides status on the order listing page until USPS picks it up and then USPS provides status.

Didn't HK check off that it had been shipped? Yes or else I wouldn't have tracking numbers
Using the methods given to you for using the tracking numbers, didn't USPS give you tracking information? I get this
Quote:
Delivery status information is not available for your item via this web site. A return receipt after mailing may be available through your local Post Office.

What part of all this is not working for you? I can't track the package

Obviously from the posts no one knows why it doesn't work or how to make the tracking numbers work within the Hongkong post or USPS ststem.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:14 PM
United States, CA, Pinole
Joined Jan 2009
820 Posts
What is your tracking number ???

imgumby
imgumby is online now Find More Posts by imgumby
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:01 PM
The END.....ha!
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,878 Posts
Scale, on the order page, highlite the tracking number and cut it. Now click on the tracking number so it takes you to the tracking page for the postal system and paste the tracking number into the tracking box.

See how that goes.

Mark
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:52 PM
# Scale is a way of life
Joined Apr 2010
1,851 Posts
Guys, I'm not 9 years old, I've tried all the obvious stuff.
the numbers don't wotk in either system the hongkong post or USPS.

You guy saying these systems work for you with the number HK supplies?