HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 21, 2010, 08:43 PM
Joined Jan 2002
104 Posts
Discussion
Micro Plane at Menards...

Menards is a home improvement store much like Home Depot but located mostly in the Midwest. At Christmas they usually have a small array of RC stuff - mostly cheap toys.

Came across an indoor Micro Plane for 10 bucks on sale.

Flight report so far is so so...I can get it to circle a few times but then it just sort of looses altitude. The battery may need to be cycled a few time etc. Definitely good for parts and hacking, but I will leave the airframe as it is for now. Decent bang-bang actuator on the rudder and they give you a replacement with the tiny neo magnet attached.

Just a heads up if anyone out there has a Menards in their area and has an overwhelming desire for a cheap indoor barn-stormer ;-)

EDIT - If this plane is a knock-off of some other plane and there are mods associated with the original - I'd appreciate a knudge in that direction - thanks!

WWF
WrongwayFeldman is offline Find More Posts by WrongwayFeldman
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 21, 2010, 09:42 PM
Dodge City, Kansas
Joined Oct 2003
1,063 Posts
Got one at Staples last year

Staples is another office supply store and they had toys last year and this year. The plane shows promise, but is VERY underpowered. I've seen it under several different names on ebay.
Stan in Dodge City
Swilson50 is online now Find More Posts by Swilson50
Old Dec 22, 2010, 01:15 AM
Storm Runner guy
USA, OK, Muskogee
Joined Nov 2008
3,581 Posts
Looks very similar to the AirHogs Nano Hawk, but not exact. I'm sure i've seen the same shape before though...time to Google
Here's the Nano Hawk: http://www.rcmania.com/air-hogs-nano-hawk-2/

I'm from England and the line I always remember with the store is every 5 minutes when in there "when you shop Menards" lol. To shop someone in the UK, is to call the police on them !
Slider2732 is offline Find More Posts by Slider2732
Old Dec 22, 2010, 01:34 AM
Storm Runner guy
USA, OK, Muskogee
Joined Nov 2008
3,581 Posts
Aha!
Ed Hardy rebadged and tattoo'd the heck out of them at one point, as the Thunder Fighter: http://www.hobbytron.com/MiniInfrare...alEdition.html
Slider2732 is offline Find More Posts by Slider2732
Old Dec 22, 2010, 12:28 PM
Joined Jan 2002
104 Posts
Thanks for the comments guys...

I agree with Mr. Wilson...this little fella seems a tad bit under powered...I suppose some mods are in order at some point.

Best wishes for a Merry Christmas and safe and Happy New Year!

WWF
WrongwayFeldman is offline Find More Posts by WrongwayFeldman