HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 15, 2014, 11:59 PM
Joined Sep 2013
4,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboycctx View Post
Not sure if this is up to date or not but it where I got my info.

http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Phantom_2
The wiki is a wonderful assortment of up to date and not-so-up-to-date info

When the P2 prop guards were introduced, this was released accompanying it:

Quote:
Make sure the PHANTOM 2 weighs no more than 1350g after mounting prop guards. Any extra weight will compromise flight capabilities causing a safety risk. The total weight of a PHANTOM 2 with H3-2D gimbal, iOSD and wireless video transmitter will be over 1300g, prop guards are not recommended for similarly equipped PHANTOM 2s.
(emphasis mine)

http://www.dji.com/info/releases/dji...-for-phantom-2

You can make an argument as to whether the weight only applies to the prop guard accessories themselves, but as to AUW, it is what it is, and it's the highest I've seen on an official DJI statement.
ElGuano is offline Find More Posts by ElGuano
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2312 motors and V2 ESCs
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 16, 2014, 12:11 AM
Joined Sep 2006
590 Posts
What is the maximum base altitude from which I can fly a Phantom 2? Is 6200' too high?
bob93447 is offline Find More Posts by bob93447
Old Jun 16, 2014, 12:12 AM
Joined Oct 2009
1,300 Posts
I'm about ready to sell my Phantom 2 H3-3D complete setup. I have over $1900 invested in it and it is less than 2 months old. Do you think $1500 is a good price?

RTF just add your gopro camera. I've done all the work for you. I'm tired of DJI's poor support.

P2
H3-3D Gimbal
Ground Station
IOSD mini
Boscam TS832 FPV 5.8G 32CH 600mw Wireless AV Transmitter
Boscam RX LCD 5802 5.8GHz LCD Diversity Receiver 7 Inch Monitor
2 extra p2 batteries (3 total)
2 sets of blades
Tall Landing Gear (and original landing gear)
TX with MOD for Gimbal(3 turn mod by REMe)
cowboycctx is offline Find More Posts by cowboycctx
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FreeX Skyview Review
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 16, 2014, 12:28 AM
Joined Sep 2013
4,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob93447 View Post
What is the maximum base altitude from which I can fly a Phantom 2? Is 6200' too high?
It depends greatly on your weight, but there are plenty of people flying Phantoms at 6000ft ASL. It requires more power to the motors to achieve lift and slightly shorter flight times, but in "normal" situations that's not an excessive altitude.
ElGuano is offline Find More Posts by ElGuano
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2312 motors and V2 ESCs
Old Jun 16, 2014, 12:56 AM
United States, CO, Castle Rock
Joined Jan 2012
1,436 Posts
Quote:
I live at 6,250' and fly without any issues. I have known of people who have taken them up to 10,000' to fly.
KGarrison is offline Find More Posts by KGarrison
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 16, 2014, 01:13 AM
Joined Dec 2011
277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasuphoto View Post
The AVL58 is only 39 gram-so a difference of 19 grams is nothing. I have an Immersion RC 600...wanna buy it? Can't get more than 300 meters out of it, on any channel. But with the AVL58 I went 1333 M today, at 40M up, and still had video throughout a 360 deg turn.
And yes-I know which frequencies it's on-and yes my monitor and a 2nd receiver were all on the exact same frequencies.....

I just ordered another AVL58 for my F800(F550 with 800mm c/f arms and 11" props). Gonna toss the Immersion r/c.....

You can have the Imersion/Airwave stuff......I'd rather have the Boscam frequencies.
Plus-the little fan sounds cool

I think the iosd mini is heavier than the flytrex. But-I like the osd....
And yes-it's exactly 1390 grams-scale is accurate to within 1/10th of a gram.

RE flying in the wind; no problems here...flew in 10 gusting to 20mph. But, I fly in Atti mode when filming. GPS mode is nice to hold position or when you're bored. But, flying against the wind-you need the full 25 deg nose down. 35 was nice.....and hopefully DJI rethinks this whole "tilt limit" thing.....or, puts the tilt limit into Phantom mode for those less experienced, and in Naza mode-leave Atti at 35.
Never had a problem with IRC. 20g is significant when you compare 20 to 40. You can use a tracker with this weight difference. Happy with IRC I don't need to own several TX.
Iosd is 14 g and flytrex core 2 is 9g. Anyway I need both.
Here an example of 3 km with IRC. I will try 4 km soon. As you can see the picture is good :

Phantom 2 Dji 3 km (12 min 25 sec)
Link69 is offline Find More Posts by Link69
Last edited by Link69; Jun 16, 2014 at 01:36 AM.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 03:03 AM
Finland
Joined Mar 2014
143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboycctx View Post
Don't send them an email it takes two week to get a response that say's "NOT MY JOB, you must call support. Closing ticket". Well something like that. They will not do business via email any longer.
I could not find phone number for DJI Europe office, so i send e-mail.

Got automatic response immediately:

"Your request has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff. "

well..i think i stand by i see how good DJIŽs European customer service.

edit.
got mail from DJI. IŽll send my p2 to dealer and they will send it to DJI or make repairs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH-Rwtz3deA
scubari is offline Find More Posts by scubari
Last edited by scubari; Jun 16, 2014 at 05:33 AM.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 03:32 AM
Joined Jan 2014
25 Posts
Put together an edit of a vacation in Vieques, Puerto Rico last week with a lot of Phantom 2 + Zenmuse H3-2d footage in it. Some After Effects warp stabilizing in post:
Exploring Vieques, Puerto Rico - June 2014 (3 min 40 sec)

Anyone know a good way of removing accidentally props in shots easily in post outside of cropping? This looks like an interesting video plugin that could do the trick: http://www.borisfx.com/tutorials/motion_key_ae.php has anyone used a similar technique?
fishmongr is offline Find More Posts by fishmongr
Old Jun 16, 2014, 04:40 AM
Joined May 2014
61 Posts
Interesting, I wonder would it interpret the props as stationary as it says in the tutorial that the object to be removed needs to be moving relative to the rest of the image. It might be good for also removing the left leg showing in wide FOV shots. If you go for this plugin it would be great to get your report.
Irishsights is online now Find More Posts by Irishsights
Old Jun 16, 2014, 05:09 AM
Joined Feb 2014
30 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenechong View Post
had a fly of the phantom at the place that i come to work everyday.....check out the beautiful western australia..... =)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpIU33YfxYM
GRRRRR!! You beat me to it :-) I was going to Hillary's to shoot last weekend, but something else came up.
Great video.

Go Perth!
m_pirie_171 is offline Find More Posts by m_pirie_171
Old Jun 16, 2014, 07:02 AM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Oct 2011
155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_pirie_171 View Post
GRRRRR!! You beat me to it :-) I was going to Hillary's to shoot last weekend, but something else came up.
Great video.

Go Perth!
You should come to eastern Australia, especially fraser and moreton islands!
marcelog is offline Find More Posts by marcelog
Old Jun 16, 2014, 09:02 AM
United States, MI, Georgetown Charter Township
Joined Apr 2013
341 Posts
question

Hello I have a question heres A pic of my phantom 2 in the phantom Assistant if you look at the bottom left you can see that it says GPSATTI now. I have my transmitter in only GPS has anyone seen this before or is there something wrong I will say that the phantom seems to fly ok and hold in GPS. i've just never seen that in the phantom assistant thanks for any info Tom
Tom4545 is offline Find More Posts by Tom4545
Old Jun 16, 2014, 09:21 AM
Colombia, Cundinamarca, Bogota
Joined Jan 2014
142 Posts
Quote:
i live at 8000 ft and fly perfect whit stock gains i increased 10% the gains and have fly it at 1050 ft whit no problems .... the only thing its i have only 12 minutes of flight time ...
hemar174 is online now Find More Posts by hemar174
Old Jun 16, 2014, 09:28 AM
United States, MN
Joined Apr 2013
909 Posts
Flip to Atti mode & it will say Atti. That is normal .... all is ok GPS mode is GPS Atti!

Cheers, Jon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom4545 View Post
Hello I have a question heres A pic of my phantom 2 in the phantom Assistant if you look at the bottom left you can see that it says GPSATTI now. I have my transmitter in only GPS has anyone seen this before or is there something wrong I will say that the phantom seems to fly ok and hold in GPS. i've just never seen that in the phantom assistant thanks for any info Tom
gtojon is offline Find More Posts by gtojon
Old Jun 16, 2014, 09:29 AM
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Oct 2002
1,024 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenechong View Post
had a fly of the phantom at the place that i come to work everyday.....check out the beautiful western australia..... =)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpIU33YfxYM
Could have been an excellent video. Those fade to black transitions are annoying.

Anyone new at video should pay attention to TV/movies. There is a reason that TV/movie editors don't use a bunch of goofy transitions.
Blackbird is offline Find More Posts by Blackbird