HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 07, 2012, 10:19 AM
Indonesia, Jakarta Capital Region
Joined Apr 2012
48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter24 View Post
just a couple of quick questions, looking from the back of the heli, for tail compensate, collective to tail, when i move throttle off of centre the tail slider moves right, is this correct.
same when i move cyclic in the corners, tail slider moves right.
Cheers test flight tommorrow if the wind drops a bit.
Normaly it should move to the left....
Except if you're using bob's tail blade grip mod.
krisnov is offline Find More Posts by krisnov
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2012, 10:27 AM
kings lynn, norfolk uk
Joined Sep 2007
597 Posts
Haven't done the grip flip, better change it so it moves the other way then. Thanks
peter24 is offline Find More Posts by peter24
Old Dec 07, 2012, 02:06 PM
United States, WA, Issaquah
Joined May 2011
1,524 Posts
Forget the slider, look at the blades, as they control the thrust. As you move collective up from center to max, the leading edge of the tail blades should swing towards the boom.
Dr.M is offline Find More Posts by Dr.M
Old Dec 07, 2012, 03:57 PM
kings lynn, norfolk uk
Joined Sep 2007
597 Posts
thamk you, also is it necessary to set the tail blades at 8 when the tail servo is at 90, or is it best just to centre them.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 04:05 PM
Looptastic!
Enschede, Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,312 Posts
Try 4 or 5 degrees. 8 is to much imho.
sp00fman is offline Find More Posts by sp00fman
Old Dec 08, 2012, 07:30 AM
kings lynn, norfolk uk
Joined Sep 2007
597 Posts
Well i got it hovering in the back garden, but then the little garden wall jumped out and grabbed the main blades. New blades on, now going up the field to do it properly like i should have in first place. Will report back later
Old Dec 08, 2012, 09:12 AM
kings lynn, norfolk uk
Joined Sep 2007
597 Posts
took it to the field, hovers fine in normal mode, everything working the way it should.
Flick to idle up, starts shaking from side to side, so back to normal mode and land, get the bluetooth attached, and try lowering the roll and pitch gains, but some how end up deleting all the setting in the gyro. came home used the pc to lower the gain setting from 35 to 25, i only have analogue servos on the swash at the minute, will be replacing asap.
so back into the garden being carefull not to hit the wall this time! seems i have a very slight backwards drift, so i guess my swash wasnt exactly level,
will do a proper flight test next week at work, do some flips and stuff so i can get it all sorted out, apart from that very pleased so far.
When you set the aileron and elevator limits, are you setting the limit to give you eg 6 on the elevator and aileron, or is it set to get as much throw as you can with out it binding.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 09:47 AM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,825 Posts
Happy FBL!

Congratulations on your first flights!

Other people with analogue servos have needed to drop the cyclic gain to about 20.

Re the cyclic pitch - there is no 6 degree limit, you can go for as much as you can get without binding, though whilst you're getting used to it, you might tame it down by using D/R in your TX. Most people have about 8 degrees or so of cyclic.
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Dec 08, 2012, 10:01 AM
kings lynn, norfolk uk
Joined Sep 2007
597 Posts
Thanks 2doggs, can't wait to fly it properly. Wasnt sure if i was setting up for max throw with out binding or to a certain amount. I take it the agility setting takes care of the amount of aileron and elevator throw u get. I need to cheapish digital servos now. I have 2 corona 939 servos. So would only need to buy one more. Was also looking at the servos from HK UK but want sure which were half decent.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 12:08 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,825 Posts
I've used Corona 929's, and they worked pretty well. I think the 939's are a bit slower, with more torque. In fact if you happen to have another, different digital servo, you could use it on elevator - I flew my #2 450 with Henge 922's on aileron and a Corona 929 on elevator, and it was fine - the controller compensates for speed differences.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 08, 2012, 02:10 PM
United States, GA, Cleveland
Joined Jan 2011
26 Posts
Thank you guys for all the help. My 500 is flying like it's on rails. One quick question.
My gyro gain setting is 100 in the software and 66% in the tx. So if i set the gyro switch to change the condition i would have to set the gyro gain in the software to 66. Is this right?
blevesque is offline Find More Posts by blevesque
Old Dec 08, 2012, 03:56 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blevesque View Post
Thank you guys for all the help. My 500 is flying like it's on rails. One quick question.
My gyro gain setting is 100 in the software and 66% in the tx. So if i set the gyro switch to change the condition i would have to set the gyro gain in the software to 66. Is this right?
Not necessarily! Go into the monitor screen in the software, with your controller hooked up, and see what your TX setting of 66% translates to in the gyro. If you have a Futaba style TX, if memory serves, anything above 50% is HH mode, and below 50% is rate mode. So 66% might actually translate to 32%, which is just a little lower than the 35% or so you commonly use in the ZYX.

But in principle - yes, you will need to set the gain in the software for the two conditions.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 09, 2012, 11:01 AM
Whoops was it always in 2 bits
United Kingdom, England, Rotherham
Joined Oct 2008
1,364 Posts
Bluetooth Adapter in UK

Hi just to let you guys know that it looks like fastlads in the UK have started stocking the Bluetooth adapter now.

http://www.fast-lad.co.uk/store/taro...2-p-21694.html

Kev
bionicbone is online now Find More Posts by bionicbone
Old Dec 09, 2012, 12:11 PM
United States, GA, Cleveland
Joined Jan 2011
26 Posts
Ok thanks 2dogs. Will try it when it stops raing.
blevesque is offline Find More Posts by blevesque
Old Dec 09, 2012, 12:37 PM
kings lynn, norfolk uk
Joined Sep 2007
597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicbone View Post
Hi just to let you guys know that it looks like fastlads in the UK have started stocking the Bluetooth adapter now.

http://www.fast-lad.co.uk/store/taro...2-p-21694.html

Kev
Yeah i saw this the other day. Currently out of stock at the mo. Was gonna get one, but a very nice person on here said they had a spare i could have.
I emailed fastlads they said they should have some before xmas.