SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 24, 2015, 03:15 PM
Find More Posts by Fast AF
Joined Jun 2015
133 Posts
Idea
Any Esky Honeybee V2 FP expert?

I've been given this to fix. And accepted it. How hard would it be to troubleshoot an ancient fixed pitched heli? 30 minutes at most...lol. I was wrong.

So basically, everything matches up, there are no mix and match parts, not a Frankenheli.
What the problem is, either the receiver or transmitter is stuck in coax mode and no matter what I do, cant change it.

There are 2 dipswitches inside the TX, with the following possible positions:

1 2
Off On - Kob (coax)
On Off - FP Honeybee
On On - CP Honeybee

Regardless of their position, the heli behaves like a coax. TX input is for a coax, main motor slows down or accelerates on rudder input, depending on which output is connected to (thats how a coax can turn, by slowing down upper blades and accelerating lower blades for one direction and vice versa for the other)

If you yaw the heli by hand, it will also accelerate or slow down the main motor.
Because of this, I cant even tell which one is f-ed, the Tx or the Rx.
My bet goes on the Tx not being able to switch to a 4 channel output with no mixing of channels.

If I select Honeybee CP mode, it will have an even more weird behaviour, main motor will turn at 5% all the way up of 95% of throttle stick, then on the last bit will do 100%, scary.
The Idle up toggle switch on TX is off, but On doesnt make any difference.

Servo movement is correct, its the motors that are a problem.
Any opinions?

Fast AF is online now Find More Posts by Fast AF
to remove ads between posts