SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 13, 2015, 10:12 PM
Find More Posts by ArizonaSteve
United States, AZ, Apache Junction
Joined Aug 2015
15 Posts
Discussion
Swann Xtreem Micro Attack Pairing Problem

I got one of these at Frys and it's totally useless. It won't pair or run if I hold it in my hand, have to sit it down first before it will start. Then all it will do is go up about 8'- 10' and lose control, lose power and crash like a rock! It's totally uncontrollable and there's no way to make it go forward or back or turn it or anything. Wonder why it won't work holding it? Anyone ever been able to get one of these to fly?
ArizonaSteve is offline Find More Posts by ArizonaSteve
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 13, 2015, 11:48 PM
Find More Posts by mono
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,529 Posts
Steve...
from your description, I'm getting the impression that you just gave the manual a brief once-over and missed something.
On page 3, you will see Step5, saying that the heli must be placed on a flat, level surface. This is so the gyro initialises correctly. It won't by holding the heli in your hand.
Also, Step 7 is important regarding the throttle moving to max and back to minimum again to complete the arming procedure.
Try those things and see how you go.
mono is offline Find More Posts by mono
Old Aug 14, 2015, 09:20 AM
Joined Aug 2015
15 Posts
Wow, the thing is really sensitive! I have to hold it perfectly still before it will run. Now if there was just a way to make it fly without crashing.....
Old Aug 14, 2015, 09:25 PM
Find More Posts by mono
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,529 Posts
Yep, they can be.
When the power switch is turned on, the gyro needs to register what "level" is in two dimensions, front to back and left to right (X and Y). It's extremely difficult to do that while holding it and it can affect its flight behaviour.
When correctly initialised and trimmed, a coaxial can ideally just sit in the air like it's hanging on a string.
There are other little things that also affect the heli, like correctly adjusted rotor blades. Also avoid flying to the point where the battery is depleted, time your flights so you are not constantly taking it to cut-off.
You may already know those things, but worth mentioning in case.
This model is much the same as Syma S109G and a couple of other brands. It's likely a rebrand of one of them.
Make it fly without crashing? That's the longed for goal of most rc flyers.
mono is offline Find More Posts by mono
Old Aug 20, 2015, 01:39 AM
Joined Aug 2015
15 Posts
I gave up on the worthless Swann since it doesn't have the capability to fly under any sort of control at all. It was too heavy to hover and all it could do was go up when the throttle was all the way up but if I let off a little it would lose power and crash like a rock. Likewise if I tried to make it go forward or back it would lose power and crash since it couldn't move in any direction and maintain altitude at the same time.
I took out the battery to use for something else so it's not a total loss.