SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 13, 2015, 12:11 PM
Find More Posts by tiagodisouza
Joined Aug 2015
6 Posts
Discussion
Some tips towards a newbie

I'm getting the Skyartec Cessna 182 RTF plane and i'd like tips as it is my first plane with 4 channels, i previously owned the f949 cessna trainer by FLtoys.
Should i get a different battery or some other add ons.
And flight tips for my first time with ailerons.

Thanks in advance and have a nice day
tiagodisouza is offline Find More Posts by tiagodisouza
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 13, 2015, 01:50 PM
Find More Posts by restlessswind
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Jan 2010
3,279 Posts
You ought not fly this plane by yourself. That is the best advice I can give you. The quality is not terrible, but it is not a trainer in the sense of first "hobby" plane. I suggest you buy the Hobbyzone Super Cub, then advance to the Parkzone T-28 or Parkzone Sport Cub. Then, you should understand some basics in order to handle that Cessna. Good luck.
restlessswind is offline Find More Posts by restlessswind
Old Aug 13, 2015, 01:54 PM
Find More Posts by tiagodisouza
Joined Aug 2015
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by restlessswind View Post
You ought not fly this plane by yourself. That is the best advice I can give you. The quality is not terrible, but it is not a trainer in the sense of first "hobby" plane. I suggest you buy the Hobbyzone Super Cub, then advance to the Parkzone T-28 or Parkzone Sport Cub. Then, you should understand some basics in order to handle that Cessna. Good luck.
Thing is i can't get a super cub in any store in my country.
And shipping from overseas will get stopped by customs and will cost a lot to get out.
Is it a plane that requires mods or is bad? the cessna i mean
tiagodisouza is offline Find More Posts by tiagodisouza
Old Aug 13, 2015, 02:00 PM
Find More Posts by restlessswind
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Jan 2010
3,279 Posts
doesnt require mods, but needs to be thoroughly checked for loose clevises and other fasteners. YOu would have better luck if you know someone that can fly it for you and make sure it is smooth, stable and balanced/trimmed properly. It's not a hard plane to fly for someone with experience, but it is very delicate, and the landing gear will bust easily. Generally, scale airplanes require better care/handling than sport trainers. Keeping it simple is best.

A Multiplex FunMan would be a good trainer with no wind. I don't know what country you are from, but Multiplex is prevalent in Europe.
restlessswind is offline Find More Posts by restlessswind
Old Aug 14, 2015, 01:49 AM
healthwolfe
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Redacted Content.