yamar6 is offline Find More Posts by yamar6
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2012, 11:58 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davie79 View Post
Na I didn't have that set right so thanks man. It's a bit hard to work out with no instructions but I'm getting there
I guess you charge has a balancing port ... just remember to use it all the time for balance and charge the lipo on the same time ...

If you overcharge a single cell .. it may either puff or even get on fire (in very extreme situation) ...

My charger are old ... I'm in RC since too long, when I got my charger for LiPo the balancing stuff was still not very well defined ... anyhow ...

I got time ago this: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...System_6S.html

And not only I can use the battery status or balance, discharge (better store lipo with 3.8 volt per cell) ... but it bring back alive my old charger.

About the lipo that fit nice on the Silverlit .. I'm using this one: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html

I have seen there is even a higher C : http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html

But is looking a waste of money .. since the 35C is more then enough for the silverlit

Tchuss

e_lm_70
e_lm_70 is online now Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Oct 08, 2012, 04:15 PM
Joined Sep 2012
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
I guess you charge has a balancing port ... just remember to use it all the time for balance and charge the lipo on the same time ...

If you overcharge a single cell .. it may either puff or even get on fire (in very extreme situation) ...

My charger are old ... I'm in RC since too long, when I got my charger for LiPo the balancing stuff was still not very well defined ... anyhow ...

I got time ago this: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...System_6S.html

And not only I can use the battery status or balance, discharge (better store lipo with 3.8 volt per cell) ... but it bring back alive my old charger.

About the lipo that fit nice on the Silverlit .. I'm using this one: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html

I have seen there is even a higher C : http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html

But is looking a waste of money .. since the 35C is more then enough for the silverlit

Tchuss

e_lm_70
I'm useing the ones with the higher c and they fit in both bikes nice
Davie79 is offline Find More Posts by Davie79
Old Oct 09, 2012, 05:34 AM
Joined Sep 2012
68 Posts
Them lipos go good as. I was surprised how much faster they go! I have to learn how to use them again. Crashing all the time and heaps harder crashes too have to be careful and slow down more for corners so I don't break them. I think the Honda goes a little bit harder coz I can pull wheelies with it and it gets the death wobbles up real easy but the Ducati seems to hang onto the corners better but no wheelies . So I am impressed with the lipos so much faster then the stock ones.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 07:21 AM
Joined Sep 2012
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie View Post
Cool mate the lipo's do give a good boost in speed on a stock bike, are you balance charging your lipo's? the setting in your picture is on lipo charge if you press the status plus button once it should go to lipo balance charge & reset your 0.3amp & 7.4 2s , you are better off balance charging them all the time that is the way i do mine & get a lipo bag to store them in just to be safe.
Do I have to change the connection around every time I charge?
Old Oct 09, 2012, 06:39 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,817 Posts
Quote:
Do I have to change the connection around every time I charge?
What connection are you talking a bout mate?, set it on lipo balance 0.3amp & 7.4 2s plug the white balance lead plug into balancing port & connect the power charge leads & start charge, it should memorize the setting but you will have to select lipo balance.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
Old Oct 10, 2012, 03:54 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,999 Posts
Quote:
What connection are you talking a bout mate?, set it on lipo balance 0.3amp & 7.4 2s plug the white balance lead plug into balancing port & connect the power charge leads & start charge, it should memorize the setting but you will have to select lipo balance.
On paper these nano-tech LiPo state 5C charging ... so ... on paper you can charge them up to 1.5A ... and get a charge battery in around 15min

On paper ... still I will not go above 1A while charging these

I'm using a 400mA charger that has 3 independent charging for up to 3S lipo ... for me for these little batter is more easy then use my big charger with my external balancer ..

Tchuss

e_lm_70

ps: I did see nobody did recall that original silverlit use JST with inverter polarity ... this did almost fry my Ducati electronic ... the switch on-off is not working anymore ... but luckily if I keep on, and I plug the battery .. it is still working for some special magic ... my second ducati luckily did not suffer for the same type of punishment
e_lm_70 is online now Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:23 AM
Joined Sep 2012
68 Posts
Quote:
It's all good mate got it sorted now but thanks man
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:48 AM
Joined Sep 2012
68 Posts
Quote:
Do you put weight in your bikes? Coz I'm struggling with these bikes with the new lipos. I'm just getting the death wobbles up all the time and crashing big time. How do you do it your bikes go heaps faster then mine?
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:06 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,817 Posts
Quote:
Do you put weight in your bikes? Coz I'm struggling with these bikes with the new lipos. I'm just getting the death wobbles up all the time and crashing big time. How do you do it your bikes go heaps faster then mine?
I don't run weight in my riders but mine are direct steer using rubber bands the bands take the high speed wobble out they do work well i just fitted steering bands to my 1/8 kyosho hor & it slowed the steering down so it does not just throw it on it's side & turns really smooth now same as my silverlits.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:49 AM
Joined Aug 2005
401 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Vq40izLUIxc

look at this vid i found on youtube
yamar6 is offline Find More Posts by yamar6
Old Oct 11, 2012, 05:36 AM
Joined Sep 2012
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamar6 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Vq40izLUIxc

look at this vid i found on youtube
That's a drift track I've seen it on other vids and there just running the stock silverlits on it not a bad track for the stock bikes but I like more corners
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:00 AM
Joined Sep 2012
68 Posts
Worked out why i was crashing all the time with the Honda. Need to lube the front forks every now and then or they stick and have no give. Also I have a mate that owns a tire and exhaust shop and I got some Stick on mag wheel weights . Put them in the arse end of the bike so it has more weight over the back wheel. So far so good it don't seem to bounce as much and pulls wheelies so I'm pretty happy with them now but I still carnt wait till I mod them . Shouldn't be long now till I have all the parts to do it.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:46 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,817 Posts
Quote:
Worked out why i was crashing all the time with the Honda. Need to lube the front forks every now and then or they stick and have no give. Also I have a mate that owns a tire and exhaust shop and I got some Stick on mag wheel weights . Put them in the arse end of the bike so it has more weight over the back wheel. So far so good it don't seem to bounce as much and pulls wheelies so I'm pretty happy with them now but I still carnt wait till I mod them . Shouldn't be long now till I have all the parts to do it.
Awesome mate, you will love it when it is fully modded they are a blast, i need to order some new batteries i took one of my silverlits out the other day with my mate & most of my old batteries are shot so i let him use the couple of good lipo's in his bike & i used my 1/8 bike.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:02 AM
Grand Blanc, MI
Joined Jan 2007
481 Posts
Quote:
Yeah that's the one. I have read the manual and still carnt work it out. I do what it says and it don't work. I got an update on my phone the other week and it changed heaps of stuff it even took YouTube off my phone
Yeah, you updated to OS6. I'm never updating until they make me.
will3kgt is offline Find More Posts by will3kgt