SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 05, 2014, 02:35 PM
Arrowhead
Joined Dec 2010
1,365 Posts
Okay, let's see if I can get this to work.

It's brief, and is only the startup sequence. Didn't have anyone to film while I flew or anything. But kinda gives an idea. the phone is about 10 feet from the plane. In the background, you can hear a .46-size nitro plane flying around

MR RC Sound card in T-34 Mentor (0 min 38 sec)
CF105 is offline Find More Posts by CF105
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2014, 11:47 PM
"RC ADDICT" in Toronto!
Toronto Canada
Joined Aug 2004
1,739 Posts
sounds great!
wollins is offline Find More Posts by wollins
Old Oct 06, 2014, 04:51 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,916 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CF105 View Post
Okay, let's see if I can get this to work.

It's brief, and is only the startup sequence. Didn't have anyone to film while I flew or anything. But kinda gives an idea. the phone is about 10 feet from the plane. In the background, you can hear a .46-size nitro plane flying around

http://youtu.be/niJkelYNw_4
Like it! Who makes that T-34? I might have to get one to add to my collection.

Andrew
MrRCFlying is offline Find More Posts by MrRCFlying
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 06, 2014, 08:54 PM
Arrowhead
Joined Dec 2010
1,365 Posts
That's the E-Flite PTS one. Sadly it is discontinued.

Funny thing: since adding the sound system it seems like the plane is too slow. In fact I aborted my first post-install takeoff because I was sure it would stall & crash once out of ground effect. Even swapped to a newer fresher battery... Still seemed kinda "blah". In reality she flies fine, same as always. I've come to the conclusion it's actually the motor sound making me think the plane should be moving faster! An "audio illusion" if you will.

Over the winter I'll be upgrading the powerplant to at least a .32 and 4-cell battery...
CF105 is offline Find More Posts by CF105
Old Oct 06, 2014, 10:23 PM
I'm Addicted Already
Charlotte, NC
Joined Feb 2011
1,954 Posts
Funny observation CF105.
I heard this same system in a corsair two weeks ago at our field. On the pilots final approach, I swore the sound made the plane seem like it was going faster! I even commented to the pilot about this. he agreed, and said that you get used to it quickly. And that the audio illusion is not as exaggerated if you are at the controls.
That T 34 does look nice.
NCRealEstateGuy is offline Find More Posts by NCRealEstateGuy
Old Oct 28, 2014, 01:16 AM
Joined Sep 2014
22 Posts
any photo's of your install?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjw985 View Post
Power question - will the volume be the same using a smaller dedicated 3S lipo to power the sound, vs. powering directly of a 6S main battery?

And if there is not a material volume difference, would a 3S-1100 be sufficient to power a 4.1 with 2 TT-25s? How about if expanded to 4 TT-25s via an exta amp?

I ask because I just ordered my first MrRCSound setup to go in a 1700mm FMS Corsair.

I also noted when I received the airframe, that there appears to be cutouts on the left and right side of the fuse under the battery hatch that look like ideal locations for transducers. They may need to be expanded a bit horizontally and maybe thinned out a fraction for optimal sound based on what I have read here.

Thanks!
Do you have any photo's of your speakers?
I have the same plane and would like to see it.
Thanks
beobe is offline Find More Posts by beobe
Old Nov 15, 2014, 11:13 PM
Newbe learning everyday!
United States, OH, Parma Heights
Joined Aug 2012
753 Posts
Subscribed
dbdukeboy is online now Find More Posts by dbdukeboy
Old Nov 23, 2014, 08:48 AM
Newbe learning everyday!
Joined Aug 2012
753 Posts
Not sure if this is the right thread but here goes. I'm not sure how to start the system do I use my throttle or throttle trim tab, and do I turn it off with the throttle trim tab as well. Also how low will the volume go? Will it go low enough to play around with it inside. I fired it up Friday night in the house and holy cow was it loud, cat freaked out the wife was screaming I couldn't get it unplugged fast enough :-)
Old Nov 23, 2014, 09:28 AM
Fokker,I didn't even kiss her
United States, VA, Fredericksburg
Joined Apr 2011
1,323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdukeboy View Post
Not sure if this is the right thread but here goes. I'm not sure how to start the system do I use my throttle or throttle trim tab, and do I turn it off with the throttle trim tab as well. Also how low will the volume go? Will it go low enough to play around with it inside. I fired it up Friday night in the house and holy cow was it loud, cat freaked out the wife was screaming I couldn't get it unplugged fast enough :-)
I use the throttle trim
I advance the throttle trim so the sound and the prop start at the same time and after the flight I trim down till sound and prop stop.
The volume will go pretty low if I remember correctly .
Bob Dunlop is online now Find More Posts by Bob Dunlop
Old Nov 23, 2014, 09:32 AM
Newbe learning everyday!
Joined Aug 2012
753 Posts
Thanks Bob