SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 28, 2014, 07:25 PM
USA, OH, Hamilton
Joined Oct 2003
247 Posts
Speed update

I had the luxury of a club member clocking me today with his radar gun. The results were a bit surprising to me. In successive passes, here were the readings (in mph):

I really didn't think it was going quite that fast!

Thanks to all for you contributions to this project, and to Donsrc.com for the technical setup guidance on the EDF, and to several in the support forum for the Guardian Stabilizer system.

I think I've met nearly all my design goals... . Now I just to learn how to fly this thing.

Attached you can see the current thrust tube, cut to the desired exit diameter out of a plastic storage cup.
plasoneal is offline Find More Posts by plasoneal
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 28, 2014, 07:36 PM
Lee Liddle
Carrollton, Tx
Joined Dec 2006
8,360 Posts
Looks good. I'm glad you are having success with the larger version. A simple design that can go fast with the right amount of power.
Knife Liddle is offline Find More Posts by Knife Liddle
RCG Plus Member