SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:55 PM
The middle of Kansas
Joined Jan 2005
733 Posts
Thanks guys. Out of the two Ringmaster I built over the last 18 years, both were Sterling S-1 kits, and as said, one had a leading edge you could use for a ball bat, and the other was fairly light. The heavy one ended up at 32 oz., and the light one at 28 oz.. I still fly both of them with old McCoy Red Head 35's. I just love old iron. LOL
Jim Kraft is offline Find More Posts by Jim Kraft
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:13 PM
Poteau, OK
Joined Nov 2008
489 Posts
'Nuther super neat pic! Thanks! (Who did that in flight pic? Nice work!)

Quote:
I just love old iron.
I hear 'ya. When it comes to control line, I too, just love the old stuff. I really don't see that changing.

Yet, when it comes to the R/C I'm learning... I like electric foamie warbirds!!! Go figure!
LA Ming is offline Find More Posts by LA Ming
Old Nov 19, 2012, 02:17 PM
The middle of Kansas
Joined Jan 2005
733 Posts
Elwyn Aud from Tulsa OK is a fabulous picture taker. He has taken many pictures of my planes at contest, and most of them flying. I don't know how he is able to catch them at the right time, but he always seems to come up with superb pictures.

This is one of my favorite pictures. You can almost smell the castor in the air on this one.
Jim Kraft is offline Find More Posts by Jim Kraft
Last edited by Jim Kraft; Nov 19, 2012 at 02:32 PM.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 02:35 PM
Closed Account
Joined Feb 2006
433 Posts
Jim, just looking at that plane and sensing the smell of Castor oil and nitro is intoxicating.
OkiThumper is offline Find More Posts by OkiThumper
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:12 PM
Poteau, OK
Joined Nov 2008
489 Posts
Elwyn Aud!! I should have known! Right you are that boy can shoot a mean picture. Love his stuff.

You're also right that the pic of the Magician is... well... magic!!!
LA Ming is offline Find More Posts by LA Ming
Old Nov 24, 2012, 06:47 AM
North Canton, Ohio
Joined Jan 2006
21 Posts
1/2 A Baby Flight Streak, Cox Black Engine, MonoKote wing, red dope everywhere else. We used a home made handle out of Model Aviation Magazine with 35 x .008 lines. I could fly that plane for hours with my younger brothers launching it of course. It had a tendency to break just aft of the wing, so we would 5 minute epoxy it back together and keep on flying! It flew so well, I built 2 more "clones" for them and we all had one. We also flew a bunch of the Sterling models as well, all with the Black Widow engines.
jimamos is online now Find More Posts by jimamos
Old Nov 25, 2012, 12:11 AM
Joined Jul 2012
712 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Ming View Post
'Nuther super neat pic! Thanks! (Who did that in flight pic? Nice work!)

I hear 'ya. When it comes to control line, I too, just love the old stuff. I really don't see that changing.

Yet, when it comes to the R/C I'm learning... I like electric foamie warbirds!!! Go figure!
I like the jets myself and the helicopter thingys!
JKinTX is offline Find More Posts by JKinTX
Old Nov 25, 2012, 12:13 AM
Joined Jul 2012
712 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Ming View Post
Elwyn Aud!! I should have known! Right you are that boy can shoot a mean picture. Love his stuff.

You're also right that the pic of the Magician is... well... magic!!!
He is good. I have a few nice shots myself (Combat, FF) but they are hard to catch and get "just right".
JKinTX is offline Find More Posts by JKinTX