HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 25, 2014, 01:35 AM
Joined May 2013
554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexraz View Post
Say... does it matter that only one of the ESCs has the 5v pin wire attached to the board?

UPDATE:

Swapped out 2 ESCs. The problem followed the ESC and it's the same ESC I use to power the board.
Try powering the board from another ESC. I had a situation on a previous quad where the ESC powering the board gets really hot (probably a bad BEC). I used another ESC and that resolved the issue.
Stringer is online now Find More Posts by Stringer
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 25, 2014, 01:39 AM
Joined May 2013
554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajile View Post
Trying swapping ESC's and see if the problem moves to a different arm.

@Stringer
NAZE32 has a deadband? Wow, i never checked.
There are multiple deadband settings, depending on the mixer configuration, but I normally just set these on CLI:

set deadband = 5
set yawdeadband = 5
Old Nov 25, 2014, 02:57 AM
Philippines, Northern Mindanao, Opol
Joined Sep 2012
4 Posts
www.lowdoghobby.net
FMS 1300mm Extra 300 Flight Review (10 min 57 sec)
hughes3864 is offline Find More Posts by hughes3864
Old Nov 25, 2014, 07:57 PM
Philippines, NCR, QC
Joined Apr 2014
159 Posts
@Stringer and Hajile

I did all your recommendations and the quad now flies great! Thank you very much! You've helped me get back into the air, more importantly, at no extra cost. Hehehe!

The stock PIDs are amazing. The quad is very stable, even when flying fast or in the wind. I just need to get used to how it responds to controls. It feels different with the Naze32 as an FC. It's super responsive as compared to the KK2.1, which is good. I'll tweak it a bit as soon as I learn how. I haven't tried enabling horizon or baro yet. I haven't figured out what to use them for. Looking back, I should've gotten the acro version.
alexraz is offline Find More Posts by alexraz
Old Nov 25, 2014, 08:53 PM
Joined May 2013
554 Posts
Philippine RC Flying

You really won't have much use of those since you'll have much fun flying in rate mode. I consider the other modes only as novelty ("look, it hovers with no hands on stick"). The only other helpful mode is Level, but I use it only for emergency such as when someone accidentally powers up near me with their fpv gear causing me to lose my video.

You may want to add some expo and set a flatter throttle curve around the hover point. That'll help you be more precise when doing proximity flying.