SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 15, 2012, 04:30 PM
Joined Sep 2011
127 Posts
Discussion
Wild Hawk Rx Channel Questions - *Fixed!*

Hi all.

I just finally decided to junk out the old fuselage on my Wild Hawk, and move everything into a new one, after the most recent crash. I ordered the parts, they came in, and I spent the earlier part of this afternoon swapping them into the new fuselage.

Stupidly, I didn't think to label each of the three cables plugged into the Rx, as I figured it'd be pretty easy to plug them in at a later time. Unfortunately, I'm now finding out that it wasn't as easy as I expected (and it's only a 3-channel!)

Basically, the Wild Hawk has three channels (throttle, elevator, and rudder). The receiver has four ports, one of which is a female port (the others are male), and is labeled "BATT". That left me with three ports, labelled channels 1, 2, and 3.

Unfortunately, I don't know which way to plug the cables into the Rx I've tried various ways, and the only way that I seem to even get any response from the Rx is if I have the battery plugged into CH 1, and everything else plugged into CH 2 and CH 3. However, this is not right, because then it appears that when I give throttle to the Tx, the rudder (or elevator) is actually what moves! So the battery / ESC obviously can't be plugged into that channel. So it needs to be plugged into CH 2 or CH 3. However, I don't get any response from the Rx when moving the controls on the Tx when plugging the battery / ESC into one of those other channels.

Am I doing something wrong? Am I just quite incompetent at this?

Thanks for any help!
kenzietech is offline Find More Posts by kenzietech
Last edited by kenzietech; Apr 15, 2012 at 04:52 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 15, 2012, 04:52 PM
Joined Sep 2011
127 Posts
Nevermind! I guess all that I needed to do was complain a little bit.

Turns out, the problem was that when I screwed the power switch into the new fuselage, it must have torqued the switch just enough to cause the switch itself not to cross the terminals and turn on the plane. I loosened them up a bit, and it seems happy now.

Once that was figured out, I was able to then figure out where the connectors needed to go on the Rx.

Now to do it all over again tomorrow when my Turnigy 9x comes in the mail!
kenzietech is offline Find More Posts by kenzietech