SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 28, 2012, 06:31 PM
United States, NC, Morrisville
Joined Oct 2011
48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas B View Post
Worth creating a formed in place RTV silicone seal between the hatch and the fuse. Lightly sand the lip of the hatch, run a bead of RTV silicon, put a smoothed out sheet of saran wrap over the hatch opening and then carefully push the hatch down into place, flatten out the bead of silicon under the saran wrap. This will stop most seepage.

You will still need a strip of tape on the front, or you can do a strong rubber band and hook device inside the hatch to keep the hatch very tight against the hatch opening.
thanks for this tip Thomas. The RTV mod worked great.

I think I've seen the hook and rubber band mod somewhere on these forums but can't seem to find it. I was hoping to see a picture of the hook device. Can you point this out?
Lprevost is offline Find More Posts by Lprevost
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 28, 2012, 07:59 PM
We shall serve the Lord
United States, TX, Kingsland
Joined Sep 2005
5,137 Posts
I found that if you tape the leading edge of the hatch, water can't get under the front edge and pop it up even in a torpedo diving landing (Don't ask me how I know).

McD
kingsflyer is offline Find More Posts by kingsflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LEDs on my T-28
Old Aug 04, 2012, 09:08 AM
71% of the world is runway . .
Nederland, ZH, Oostvoorne
Joined Jun 2009
1,932 Posts
Here's an other update on the new wing.

The wing construction is drawn completely except the nacelles.
Picture''s say more than words so here i go:

Shear webs

Ribs

Joiner

Spars

Dowels

Hold-down block

Leading-Edge

Trailing-Edge & Sub trailing-edge

Fill blocks

Ailerons & tips

Sheeting

Rendered construction

Started nacelle

Rhino is pretty fun now i am beginnen to understand the program

Greets ,

Bart
Bart83 is online now Find More Posts by Bart83
Old Aug 06, 2012, 07:23 PM
Joined Oct 2011
48 Posts
Folks, if any of you have any spare Nacelles (top half), I would like to buy them from you. I got too close with my heat gun tightening up the monokote and damaged one of them.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 07:03 PM
Joined Jun 2009
1,932 Posts
small update , made the plans and organised the parts for milling.

greets ,

Bart
Old Aug 08, 2012, 09:17 AM
there is no spoon...
Pueblo, Colorado
Joined Jul 2005
602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lprevost View Post
Folks, if any of you have any spare Nacelles (top half), I would like to buy them from you. .
Tower has them..
Cap232ac is offline Find More Posts by Cap232ac
Old Aug 09, 2012, 01:26 PM
Joined Jul 2012
21 Posts
measurements

Could somebody please measure and post the distance between motor centerlines on this model, and also the distance between the inside surfaces of the two nacelles? Metric would be preferable but beggars can't be choosers, right?
Nice work with Rhino by the way.
fullwood is offline Find More Posts by fullwood
Old Aug 09, 2012, 05:04 PM
Joined Jun 2009
1,932 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullwood View Post
Could somebody please measure and post the distance between motor centerlines on this model, and also the distance between the inside surfaces of the two nacelles? Metric would be preferable but beggars can't be choosers, right?
Nice work with Rhino by the way.
Are you also building a new wing? The distance between the 2 nacelles is 30.2 centimeter measured from nacelle centreline to nacelle centerline. The distance between the inner surfaces of the both nacelles is 26,65 cm. the width of the engine mountig former is 3.75 cm on its widthest point. Hope this was of any help.

greets Bart
Old Aug 09, 2012, 05:53 PM
Joined Jul 2012
21 Posts
Thank you Bart!
No, i am not building a new wing, i am going to use this wing for another project. As soon as i saw this wing i knew it would be perfect for my needs.
fullwood is offline Find More Posts by fullwood
Old Aug 18, 2012, 03:00 AM
Joined Jun 2009
1,932 Posts
The cnc part are underway !! the build wil start soon,

Greets ,

Bart
Old Sep 15, 2012, 02:52 PM
Joined Oct 2011
48 Posts
Folks --

Had a bad day with my Widgeon yesterday. I was flying and did a ground loop when my left sponson dipped in the water. that got my left engine wet. I didn't wait long enough to dry it out completely and so when I took off the next time, I lost the left engine on take off and it rolled over and went nose in.

I'm pretty sure I broke the main spar and bulkhead in the wing. Fuse seems to be OK although a little weak above right seat bulkhead.

If anyone has an extra wing they want to sell from a wreck or something, I'm in.

This is a great flying airplane. I just got in a hurry and shouldn't have gone "one more time."

Lee
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:51 PM
We shall serve the Lord
United States, TX, Kingsland
Joined Sep 2005
5,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lprevost View Post
Had a bad day with my Widgeon yesterday. I just got in a hurry and shouldn't have gone "one more time."
Lee
Lee,

We've all done the same thing. Sorry for the loss, but it sounds like you are on your way with the rebuild. Check for loosened joints in the fuselage between the bulkheads and the fiberglass fuselage. Also look for small cracks in the fuselage gel coat that could let water leak inside.

Hope you're up and flying your Widgeon soon.

McD
kingsflyer is offline Find More Posts by kingsflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LEDs on my T-28
Old Sep 26, 2012, 05:22 PM
Stress Be Gone
Snohomish, WA
Joined May 2000
3,410 Posts
I know that some people have been using the Master Airscrew 3 blades 9x7 pusher/puller prop set with good results. Was wondering if anyone has tried the 8x6 3 blade set? If so what were the results.
GBR2 is offline Find More Posts by GBR2
Old Oct 16, 2012, 11:21 AM
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined May 2005
166 Posts
I had my maiden flight with the Widgeon yesterday. Im using the cheaper Super Tigre 400 motors from Tower and the MAS 9x7 3-bladed prop. On a fully charged 3s pack Im pulling just about 25amps total. She flew beautifully, but the flight times are a bit short so Im going to look into buy a few more batteries. Some how I came in way light at 3.7lbs with 2x 2100mah lipos in parallel. Take a look at the video:

G-44 Widgeon Maiden Flight (2 min 33 sec)
carrera0to60 is offline Find More Posts by carrera0to60
Old Oct 16, 2012, 11:45 AM
Mark 12:30
United States, GA, Alpharetta
Joined Jan 2004
676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrera0to60 View Post
I had my maiden flight with the Widgeon yesterday. Im using the cheaper Super Tigre 400 motors from Tower and the MAS 9x7 3-bladed prop. On a fully charged 3s pack Im pulling just about 25amps total. She flew beautifully, but the flight times are a bit short so Im going to look into buy a few more batteries. Some how I came in way light at 3.7lbs with 2x 2100mah lipos in parallel. Take a look at the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg6qx...NzF7Mt7gJjVPZw
I just moved to the Chandler area and am looking for a place to do some float flying. Where was this ?
TipStalled is offline Find More Posts by TipStalled