SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 05, 2014, 12:53 PM
Faster is Better
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Jul 2012
462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophisticat View Post
Tried the spoilerons this afternoon [...snip...]. The 50% was sufficient to slow the plane while throwing it slightly nose-up. [...snip...]
I'm usually landing on Arizona dirt/rock, and love the spoileron effect you describe. Mine are set to give me that slower-and-slightly-nose-up approach... so I don't shovel so much dirt and pebbles into the nose when skidding to a stop. Between this spoileron setting, and a clip-on coat hanger "skid" I've added, I now land dirt-free.
OldeMan is offline Find More Posts by OldeMan
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 05, 2014, 01:00 PM
fly-crash-fix
UK, Powys, Newtown
Joined Jan 2010
519 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoebbq View Post
I got mine From Tower this week. It looks good so far. I did not check the size of the ESC. But I will. What size Aeronaut and spinner is everyone using that has replaced them? So is spoilerons the way to go to slow this bird down for landing? Not Flaperons? Flaps that still have some aileron movement? I am hoping to maiden mine on Saturday.
Aeronaut cam carbon 10x7 will fit stock spinner, and 40amp esc.
Good luck with the maiden, these fly great.
Dr.Crashenburn is offline Find More Posts by Dr.Crashenburn
Old Nov 22, 2014, 04:57 PM
United Kingdom, Northern Ireland, Newtownards
Joined Mar 2012
83 Posts
Today I took mine down to the flying field but left it in the car. The landowner put lots of sheep on the field last Saturday and after the 2" + rain we've had this week there was soggy sheep poo everywhere. I didn't fancy trying to get poo out of the Blaze spinner and cleaning it off the foam. Flew the Funcub instead, its big wheels didn't get bogged down! I have the Aeronaut 10x7 blades on order but will wait till the sheep (and poo) have gone before flying the Blaze again. Love to have some Arizona sunshine, OldeMan!
Sophisticat is offline Find More Posts by Sophisticat
Old Nov 23, 2014, 12:28 PM
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Mar 2008
3,754 Posts
Flew mine yesterday. It had to have a ton of trim to get it to fly right. Really flew nice after that. It is all stock. I had to trim it about 20 clicks on each side . Felt like it was torqing badly. I had all the controls trimmed right on the ground. All surfaces were flush.
bigmoebbq is online now Find More Posts by bigmoebbq