SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 26, 2014, 10:53 PM
DLAWW
Socal
Joined Dec 2005
862 Posts
Build Log
My next Project

This is something I've been wanting to do for some time now it being an HOR makes it even better. I saw the old thread on converting it to brushless and the minor mods that it needs to become a better bike. The fun comes in seeing it transform to something much better than what it was designed for. I already have all the components in my parts bend to mod it to the hilt!.

DLAWW is online now Find More Posts by DLAWW
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 26, 2014, 11:16 PM
RC Motorcycles are fun Bobby
Australia, NSW, Royal National Park
Joined Sep 2013
354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLAWW View Post
This is something I've been wanting to do for some time now it being an HOR makes it even better. I saw the old thread on converting it to brushless and the minor mods that it needs to become a better bike. The fun comes in seeing it transform to something much better than what it was designed for. I already have all the components in my parts bend to mod it to the hilt!.

Nice interesting project choice ! Yep -Throttle Junkie made a great " modded" version of this bike . They look great when running from the bikes accurate scale 1/1 looks - looks fast standing still ! . If you get the chance - could you post some photo's of the main chassis structure to see if a custom carbon F or alloy alternative chassis could be used ? .
King of the hill is offline Find More Posts by King of the hill
Last edited by King of the hill; Dec 26, 2014 at 11:26 PM.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 11:35 PM
DLAWW
Socal
Joined Dec 2005
862 Posts
Judging from the pic's of the chassis in Throttle Junkies thread duplicating to carbon fiber would be very difficult. Given that the chassis is integrated with the motor compartment and it looks as though it was a mold design. To many Dimensions to incorporate a flat carbon plate, and being that it is very toy grade not worth the fuss. Still though lots of fun modding it I'm sure, suspension, motor, esc, tires ect.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 05:17 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,855 Posts
Cool DL look forward to seeing how it turns out, they are good fun when you get some decent electrics & tyres on them, that's the kick i get out of modding them, taking a toy that is pretty much useless & make it into something that works well & is fun to use, everything i used was cheap except the motor combo i went a bit over the top with that but i got a pretty good deal on them at the time & it worked out well, the weak points are the forks & the axles, i did replace the axles with alloy shafts but i would have liked to have fitted a decent set of alloy 1/5 forks off a tt or tt clone but never got around to getting a set to try.
I know you would have probably seen these vids but the first vid was the first time my mate had ever ridden his bike or any 1/5 & he found it very easy, the second vid was the day i fitted very cheap but real rubber tyres & found out it could do wheelies
Modified 1 5 Scale Hor Motorcycles (6 min 43 sec)

Modified 1-5 RC HOR Motorcycle Doing Wheelies Test Run 2.mp4 (7 min 19 sec)

& with headlight brakelight & tailightlight for fun.
Modified 1-5 Scale RC Motorcycle.mp4 (6 min 52 sec)
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
Old Dec 27, 2014, 09:23 AM
r46
huggin dat apex!
United Kingdom, London
Joined May 2005
331 Posts
Nice project!
Got one of these bikes also knocking about
r46 is online now Find More Posts by r46
Old Jan 08, 2015, 03:48 PM
Grand Blanc, MI
Joined Jan 2007
485 Posts
Nice. Covered the electronics on mine, and use a 800 mah lipo.
will3kgt is online now Find More Posts by will3kgt
Old Jan 09, 2015, 06:57 PM
RCMCConline com
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
3,802 Posts
Hows this coming along?
Kev71H is online now Find More Posts by Kev71H
Old Jan 09, 2015, 08:59 PM
DLAWW
Socal
Joined Dec 2005
862 Posts
I had the opportunity to work on it sparingly the past two day its been apart for a few weeks now. I have the Novac 6800kv motor installed, 35amp HK esc, steering servo mod from Throttlejunkies thread and fresh stock SB5 tires mounted pics to come.
Old Jan 09, 2015, 09:02 PM
DLAWW
Socal
Joined Dec 2005
862 Posts
Also trying to figure out how to get the rider to hang off more, with the steering mod it seems limited.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 02:11 PM
United States, WA, Kirkland
Joined Sep 2014
41 Posts
A few limiting factor to your range of motion are the range of motion of your rider's joints, pivot contact obstructions , and servo travel. The further away the hip hinge is from the servo a longer swing arm you'll create and a greater left to right travel you will get. This would require further modification to your skeleton and or bike.

Have you seen this? I have seen a different hinge setups but this one is pretty good, koba San design.

Toshi-Spl Hangon system (1 min 31 sec)
dshy is online now Find More Posts by dshy
Old Jan 11, 2015, 07:10 AM
DLAWW
Socal
Joined Dec 2005
862 Posts
Finally up loading pic's of the break down and a video of the rider function right out of the box.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 07:15 AM
DLAWW
Socal
Joined Dec 2005
862 Posts
Here's the video of the rider action straight out of the box.

My Falchion HOR Rider Function (0 min 34 sec)
Old Jan 14, 2015, 11:17 PM
DLAWW
Socal
Joined Dec 2005
862 Posts
Finally put together Throttlejunkies steering mod not yet run it yet.