HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 27, 2014, 06:22 AM
Fliegensville
Joined Jul 2006
178 Posts
Discussion
Rain Flying from inside a TB-20

So this is a little experimental, using an old TB-20, I cut a 'Cargo Door' (visible in the last of the clip), cut away the rear 'seats', stuck 'velcro' (hook & loop fastener?) to the floor, made up some cargo trays, and fly all manner of stuff about!

Including but not limited to....Lunch money, matchbox cars, spices for the evening meal, shots of spirits (Rum, Scotch etc.), lip balm, spare parts, cash, trinkets and even live fish!!! (tiny guppies in a miniature jar! )

Anyway, removing the cargo (s) and replacing with a tape mounted camera to the cabin roof, I was able to achieve the following footage....now bear in mind I fly this with an old JR set on a 36.130 Kristal (?), way old school stuff, but it is enshrouded in a plastic bag, so essentially, with an internal mounted camera and weatherproof transmitter.....I can fly in the rain! ......and not endanger any of my DX6 gear!

Rain Flying Emerald Lakes (2 min 24 sec)

Remember also that this is shot from an old beat up TB-20 and the windscreen is more than a little 'crazed', and smeared with glue etc., but I am happy with the result.....fully lit up, with LEDs, I can fly this baby at night, and in the rain!! All weather ops!!

PS, you'll notice the inoperative 'windscreen wipers', my Son drew on the windscreen several years ago when the model belonged to him...! Ha ha! Shouldn't they be on the 'MEL'
Fliegenmong is offline Find More Posts by Fliegenmong
Last edited by Fliegenmong; Mar 27, 2014 at 06:38 AM.
to remove ads between posts