Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 19, 2014, 12:41 AM
Fernandina Beach, FL
Joined Sep 2002
364 Posts
5.0r

Upgraded to 5.0.r- Wondering what they have done to the controls...it seems they are all real mushy now. In 5.0.q they felt good and responsive...now they feel like there is few seconds for them to respond...I recalibrated controller and everything seems fine...but even in the calibration screen..there is like a bit of lag. I am not sure but now the Phantom does not use the gear switch to toggle from easy to expert, but this may be I haven't looked far enough in setup...in version Q it was there by default....just seems that the controls are squishy. I hooked up my stuff to another computer running 5.0.q and everything seems fine on it.

Ken
Helos36 is offline Find More Posts by Helos36
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 21, 2014, 05:34 PM
Ca. USA
Joined Sep 2008
143 Posts
I upgraded from 4 today and flew the same model before and after. I don't have the lag that you report. I'm not sure why that would happen. Maybe your video card needs an update....but that is just a guess.
Star7 is offline Find More Posts by Star7
Old Jul 22, 2014, 07:45 AM
Joined Jul 2011
4 Posts
please help me for my old songs bring back

Hi there
Can someone please help me?
I have installed the latest version of RC Phoenix.
Now I wanted to install my old sound again. Did the wav.Files copied to the following folder: Computer \ E: \ Games \ PhoenixRC \ resources \ sound effects \ plan

The pxe.Files in the folder: Computer \ E: \ Games \ PhoenixRC \ resources \ objects \ aircraft \ fixedWing \ engines

Sorry, but I can not find if I eg the sounds. a Copie doing and wants to select a sound. The list always shows only the default sounds but my sounds are missing.
Why is that?
Would be nice if I could have my old sound again.
Thanks for your help

Werner from Swiss
Paranovski is offline Find More Posts by Paranovski
Old Jul 22, 2014, 09:02 AM
If it has wings it will fly...
United Kingdom, England, Birmingham
Joined Mar 2011
1,150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranovski View Post
Hi there
Can someone please help me?
I have installed the latest version of RC Phoenix.
Now I wanted to install my old sound again. Did the wav.Files copied to the following folder: Computer \ E: \ Games \ PhoenixRC \ resources \ sound effects \ plan

The pxe.Files in the folder: Computer \ E: \ Games \ PhoenixRC \ resources \ objects \ aircraft \ fixedWing \ engines

Sorry, but I can not find if I eg the sounds. a Copie doing and wants to select a sound. The list always shows only the default sounds but my sounds are missing.
Why is that?
Would be nice if I could have my old sound again.
Thanks for your help

Werner from Swiss
Im afraid if you haven't backed them up they are deleted.
New model variants have different file structure and although they might use the same wav file you need to set them up again, with that logic all previous models and sounds were deleted. I can't remember what happens with skins because the old ones do work in v5
ckleanth is online now Find More Posts by ckleanth
Old Jul 24, 2014, 04:28 PM
AAFLYBOY7
Joined Jul 2014
2 Posts
Phoenix v 5.0

Hi Everybody
I am a newbie and need a little help.
I just bought the Orange Rx T-SIX 2.4Ghz transmitter DSM2 6 Ch.
Does anyone know if it is compatible with the Phoenix RC 5.0 software?
Also if it is, do I need an adapter and if so which one.
Thanks
AAFLYBOY7 is offline Find More Posts by AAFLYBOY7
Old Jul 24, 2014, 11:57 PM
Joined Jul 2011
4 Posts
Hello ckleanth,
Thanks for the reply.
But I fear that you have misunderstood me. My old wav sounds and the old pxe sounds I have copied into the new Phoenix 5. But the sounds appear not just in the sound selection if I want to change the sound in the game.
So when you say that the old sounds should work, why not dive on this?
What could be the, I have perhaps installed the old wav sounds and the old pxe files in the wrong place in the new 5 Series Ordnerstrucktur Phoenix?
How and where your copied because these two files exactly when you want to use your sound?
Thank you for the help, it would be great if I could replace my old sound against the boring sounds from the new Phoenix 5 Series. That should be doable.

bye Bye
Werner
Paranovski is offline Find More Posts by Paranovski
Old Jul 25, 2014, 11:51 PM
Ca. USA
Joined Sep 2008
143 Posts
AAFly, does your transmitter documentation list transmitters that can buddy box with it? The Phoenix ships with a dsm spectrum dx5i. That cord has a small plug like a stereo headphone plug on it. I hope that made some sense.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 01:36 PM
AAFLYBOY7
Joined Jul 2014
2 Posts
Thanks Star7
I looked on the back of the transmitter I see what looks like a 5 pin din plug no other connections.
I see no help number on the manual for the orange product.
AAFLYBOY7 is offline Find More Posts by AAFLYBOY7
Old Jul 26, 2014, 10:33 PM
Ca. USA
Joined Sep 2008
143 Posts
When I get home from travel, I'll check my JR and my Airtronics RD8000 and RDS 8000 to if the slave plug looks familiar. I read somewhere that a vendor on the auction site offers a 12 way adapter for the phoenix. That may get you there. I just ordered the adapter for my Airtronix to phoenix and it might be what you are looking at.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 06:27 AM
United States, MI, Wyandotte
Joined Jun 2011
178 Posts
There's a some talk of Phoenix v5 not being as good as v4. Should I just buy v4 and stay away from 5. I have not used either as of yet.
DejaD is online now Find More Posts by DejaD
Old Jul 30, 2014, 05:31 AM
Ca. USA
Joined Sep 2008
143 Posts
AAFLYBOY7 I just now bought the adapter to use airtronix rds8000 transmitter with my phoenix adapter. The adapter is a male din five pin plug for the transmitter. The part number is RTMAAIRSAN and it is called Phoenix Airtronics/Sanwa Adapter. I got it from Horizon Hobby in usa. It was delivered yesterday, so I haven't had a chance to use it, but it sounds like your Orange transmitter is Sanwa compatible. I tried to upload a picture but no joy.
Last edited by Star7; Yesterday at 05:54 AM. Reason: Corrected vendor to horizon
Old Jul 30, 2014, 05:39 AM
Ca. USA
Joined Sep 2008
143 Posts
DejaD, When I first researched the fight simulator concept I happened to talk to Dave Scott. He is a full scale and model aerobatic competitor and runs a flight school for aerobatics. He recommended Phoenix, didn't really say anything negative about the others, just he felt the physics was better. I got phoenix 4 about four months after it was introduced. When 4 came out there was some complaining. The downside of free updates is you get to beta test. So when 5 came out, I waited until now to upgrade my 4 (r or s). I do not do multi-user and haven't tried the builder yet. I don't fly helicopters. I see it as smoother and more realistic for the pattern type aerobatics that I work on. I am glad I waited to upgrade and glade that I did upgrade.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 06:26 PM
Joined Jun 2011
178 Posts
Anybody know if the Phoenix demo is playable?
Old Jul 30, 2014, 06:27 PM
Joined Jun 2011
178 Posts
Thanks for the info Star7.