Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Closed Thread
Old Jul 10, 2014, 11:25 AM
Joined Jul 2009
317 Posts
All charging takes some toll on the battery life. That's why some people like me that run my cell phone down before charging can get years out of a battery, while other people I know plug them in constantly and have bad batteries in under a year.

Mike
mike105105 is online now Find More Posts by mike105105
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 10, 2014, 12:10 PM
Joined Jun 2014
47 Posts
You are saying exactly the opposite this guy says in this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1168036

And AFAIK, the guy of xda is correct, at least for the technology of batteries used for phones...

EDIT: I've been charging my phones every single day for the last 10 years and I have never had to replace a battery. Instead, I messed up something internally on the phone, or just got tired of it and replaced it. I usually change phones every 2,5 years, and they are on 24/7. I think it's a pretty reasonable life for a battery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike105105 View Post
All charging takes some toll on the battery life. That's why some people like me that run my cell phone down before charging can get years out of a battery, while other people I know plug them in constantly and have bad batteries in under a year.

Mike
Ashade is offline Find More Posts by Ashade
Old Jul 10, 2014, 12:22 PM
Joined Jul 2009
317 Posts
Well I end up charging my phone once a day too, but that is because I use it a lot and run it down. Whatever, do what you want, I was just telling you what I have witnessed and what has worked for me. I also have 5 year old lipo packs that are still pretty damn good.

mike
Old Jul 10, 2014, 12:33 PM
United Kingdom, Derbyshire
Joined Aug 2011
527 Posts
does anyone know what I should be searching for on ebay to get something like this ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/131225377046 ) but without the bulky adjustment bit, to mount my Mobius on the peak of a baseball cap? I like to use the clip-in holder/tripod mount so I'd rather not be messing about with Velcro.

thx,
ukbren is online now Find More Posts by ukbren
Old Jul 10, 2014, 12:51 PM
United Kingdom, England, Christchurch
Joined Jun 2013
331 Posts
cap/hat clip? I got one FOC when I bought my mobius due to a customs delay.

http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...oducts_id=2318

or just use velcro?
HowDoIfly is offline Find More Posts by HowDoIfly
Old Jul 10, 2014, 01:28 PM
United States, NY, Fulton
Joined Aug 2013
944 Posts
I just bought a cheap cap and drilled a hole through the visor. Then put a bolt the right size to fit the Mobius thread and a few washers and DONE.
4_Props is offline Find More Posts by 4_Props
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 10, 2014, 01:46 PM
Proud of Brushless Sprouts
Belgium, Flanders, Antwerp
Joined Feb 2007
323 Posts
Off topic warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by contact303 View Post
The quad weighs 500 Gram not a kilo ? not one person felt terrorized as u call it
Only curious dog walkers in the park at that time and a group of drunk teenagers
I fly 50 cm of the deck 90% of the time I can ditch the quad in 1 second ..done so and will do again if necessary
I don't think i am flying dangerous
there was about 10 people in the park apart from the group out of the fitness club
Did u notice i never flown over them ..not once and they was around only for some exercise and gone after 10 minutes
Also I stay on the grass and can always ditch the quad in the ground ....in a flash, and i done so before and will do again if necessary
The one person I flew over was the drunk girl trying to grab(????) the quad
They was shouting from the other side of the park to go and grab it ..they was just merry and a bit drunk
For the rest, 2 couples came and stood next to me a few minutes asking questions and in general very curious
So again i don't think i am flying dangerously ..

We are totally overcrowded in Holland and YES i am so jealous when i see some of the places u lot have to fly . In Holland , we have no space. You wont find open spaces all to yourself . not gonna happen in the Randstad
One reply and I quit because this is waaay off topic.

Those bystanders can't judge how dangerous such a flying contraption can be, neither do they ask to be hit by it if anything goes wrong. And you will NEVER be able to guarantuee for 100% that nothing ever will go wrong.
About the weight: I've once had a rotor blade of a 35 gram toy helicopter hit my eyelid (blinked in time) and that f-ing hurt on my eyeball, watering eye for the rest of the night! Imagine anything bigger.
I agree that you live in a very crowded part of the world and that you have to share the space there is, but you could at least have the common sense to not fly close to, inbetween, or over other park visitors.

Story time.
Here in the city of Antwerp, Belgium we have several beautiful parks which look as if they were designed for park flying. So we did and we had this guy flying his tiny RC helicopter, a very experienced pilot who did everything to avoid mishaps and who would rather crash then to have hit someone - at least that's what he said.
Guess what? One day his helicopter hit a girl in the face. Hospital, stitches, insurance issues, etc...
End result? Everything RC flying was banned by the city in the whole territory of Antwerp city, even the tiniest Silverlit toy.
Thank you, mr. experienced and safety aware RC pilot... I guess.

See what I mean? You don't control all the perimeters, so please keep (a lot) more distance at least.
Commander Clumsy is offline Find More Posts by Commander Clumsy
Old Jul 10, 2014, 03:57 PM
Joined Feb 2009
86 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Clumsy View Post
So we did and we had this guy flying his tiny RC helicopter, a very experienced pilot who did everything to avoid mishaps and who would rather crash then to have hit someone - at least that's what he said.
Define "tiny". What size helicopter was it? I've flown my 130X at my local park a few times. I've always considered the unlikelihood of hurting someone else or myself with it one of its advantages over my 450s (which I fly over the field behind my house well away from people). I don't buzz people with it or anything. My skills are good enough that the possibility of crashing into someone is remote, but you never know when a servo could fry, or the signal get glitched or something.

My first reaction to the video in question here and all the fuss made over it was that people were overreacting. It didn't seem to me like he was flying close enough to anyone to put anyone in danger. It's a little bitty 250 quad, not a 700 helicopter swinging 690mm blades capable of lopping off the top of someone's head

On the other hand, there's a lot of attention in the media lately on "drones" and by association "hobby" RC aircraft. The FFA is trying to come to terms with the explosion in commercial drone applications that's awaiting the green light for take off. It's probably best to be as responsible as possible and remain ever vigilant in regard to the safety of others and their property, as well as your own. For the sake of the reputation of our hobby, as well as the enormous commercial potential for "drones" (that I'd like to be a part of), let's not give people reasons to hate our little flying machines. So, no buzzing people, and no using your FPV gear to peeping Tom through the ladies' bedroom windows, ok?
Nihilistic is offline Find More Posts by Nihilistic
Old Jul 10, 2014, 03:59 PM
Still need C8H10N4O2...
Portugal, Lisbon, Póvoa de Santa Iria
Joined Mar 2014
11 Posts
Er...

I was hit by a car when I was crossing a road on a Zebra and the red sign was on for the car...
I was in a coma for 36 days...

They haven't banned cars.

They are bad...
MagiCminD is offline Find More Posts by MagiCminD
Old Jul 10, 2014, 04:12 PM
Australia, NSW, Stuarts Point
Joined Jun 2014
77 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukbren View Post
does anyone know what I should be searching for on ebay to get something like this ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/131225377046 ) but without the bulky adjustment bit, to mount my Mobius on the peak of a baseball cap? I like to use the clip-in holder/tripod mount so I'd rather not be messing about with Velcro.

thx,
I use Velcro on the peak of the cap. Its perfect and the angle is great.
coongoola is offline Find More Posts by coongoola
Old Jul 10, 2014, 04:15 PM
Australia, NSW, Stuarts Point
Joined Jun 2014
77 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagiCminD View Post
Er...

I was hit by a car when I was crossing a road on a Zebra and the red sign was on for the car...
I was in a coma for 36 days...

They haven't banned cars.

They are bad...
Lol. Great come back 😄
coongoola is offline Find More Posts by coongoola
Old Jul 10, 2014, 08:28 PM
Joined Jul 2009
317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilistic View Post
My first reaction to the video in question here and all the fuss made over it was that people were overreacting. It didn't seem to me like he was flying close enough to anyone to put anyone in danger. It's a little bitty 250 quad, not a 700 helicopter swinging 690mm blades capable of lopping off the top of someone's head
Lol, I wouldn't want to get hit by my 250 quad. First of all, it's pretty dense, a lot of stuff in a small area. Second, those blades are sharp and max throttle is like 25,000rpm. They will slice and dice.

Mike
Old Jul 10, 2014, 09:28 PM
United States, NY, Fulton
Joined Aug 2013
944 Posts
I crashed into my leg with my 350 (just short of 2 lbs) that was going maybe 30mph. Felt like getting hit by a baseball. Didn't feel the props (which run 5,000rpm).
4_Props is offline Find More Posts by 4_Props
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 10, 2014, 09:35 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,198 Posts
Thread closed until there is more to discuss than unsafe flying.

Where new FW is available, I'll re-open the thread for ON TOPIC discussion. Until then, most problems being reported have happened before and are discussed in this thread. Use the Advanced search function to zero in on helpful posts.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Closed Thread