Old Oct 03, 2012, 05:11 PM
kad
Quad Crasher
United States, NY, Poughkeepsie
Joined May 2012
637 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrich View Post
These are my latest two builds with Beacon Foam-Tac.
Both are made of Depron foam.
Rich
They both look great! But I have to ask, the first one, is it a boat? a plane? a seaplane?

-K
kad is offline Find More Posts by kad
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 03, 2012, 06:05 PM
The 1st Sofaman
United States, NJ, Hawthorne
Joined Mar 2012
494 Posts
Pete.....this is one beautiful foamie!!!! Very clean build...hope to see it fly one day. We all need to get one more fun fly in before it gets too cold!

Dave
Sofaman NJ is offline Find More Posts by Sofaman NJ
Old Oct 03, 2012, 06:54 PM
When pigs fly rc
USA, NY, Chester
Joined Apr 2008
2,428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kad View Post
They both look great! But I have to ask, the first one, is it a boat? a plane? a seaplane?

-K
The first one is a Mako seaplane but it will fly off grass, water, snow and most other flat surfaces. Its a blast to fly and drive!
MAKO SEA PLANE RC (3 min 37 sec)
rcrich is online now Find More Posts by rcrich
Old Oct 04, 2012, 09:00 PM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam Tac Cash prize Award !!!!!

Hi All, the folks at Beacon have picked 2, that's right 2 winners for this, the first month's Foam-Tac contest. The winners will be announced as soon as they are notified first. I will then post their names right here on this thread. The winners will each receive a $50.00 Visa cash card and a bottle of Foam-Tac, To all those that posted, please continue to do so, as this is a monthly contest and can only continue as long you all show interest and post pixs of your builds, repairs and tech tips. Except for the winners all previous pictures are still eligible to win, BTW a little hint the more you post the better the odds for you. So keep them coming get "Sticken and Clickin" to win.

Eric G
The Deacon of Beacon"
Beacon Adhesives
Eric Giorgiantonio is offline Find More Posts by Eric Giorgiantonio
Old Oct 04, 2012, 09:36 PM
brooklyn,ny
Joined Jul 2007
2,276 Posts
grats to the 2 winners!!!!!

was testing foam tac to use as hinge glue
it is very hard to pull apart once cured for a day!!!!

next build im going use this hinge
foam tac glue hinge (0 min 25 sec)
meanbaby is online now Find More Posts by meanbaby
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Polaris #58 control horn
Old Oct 05, 2012, 05:46 AM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,029 Posts
I must be a butt head, but shouldn't this thread have it's own title and not be under the NEAT FAIR thread or have I just screwed up terribly.

I love the thread, in fact I got foam tack to build both a Model Aero boat, a Dynamic Fomies F-117.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Conehead is offline Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TRAMPS Air Show, 28-June 2014
Old Oct 05, 2012, 06:32 AM
Don't cut the Yellow Wire
Ridgewood ,NJ
Joined Jan 2000
3,510 Posts
I'm sure it will be moved or cross posted to the Foamies as soon as the NEAT threads are archived.....
dr.E is offline Find More Posts by dr.E
Old Oct 05, 2012, 06:51 AM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam Tac First Winners

The First Foam-Tac winners are..........wait for it !!!!!!

Mr Richard Roland, for his Mako Float plane and Hydroplane build.

Mr. Peter Chan for his Polaris build.

Congratulations to both of you gentleman, you will both be receiving a $50.00 Visa cash card and a bottle of Foam-Tac. You are both excellent builders and we at Beacon Adhesives are very impressed by not only your submissions but of all the the entries posted. Don't forget that all those that did not win this month are still eligible for next months contest. We encourage everybody to submit a picture or pictures of your builds, repairs and tech tips for a chance at winning this prize. We here at beacon are working on some great products and will be posting them here as they become available. We will be adding these products to this contest to broaden the scope of your chances to win. Also remember this is an ongoing contest, it costs you nothing to enter, but can only continue as long as we have entries, so please tell all your fellow modelers to enter also so we can keep this going. So get "Sticken and Clicken" to win, And many Thanks to all.

Eric G.
Beacon Adhesives
Old Oct 05, 2012, 07:01 AM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam Tac Contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conehead View Post
I must be a butt head, but shouldn't this thread have it's own title and not be under the NEAT FAIR thread or have I just screwed up terribly.

I love the thread, in fact I got foam tack to build both a Model Aero boat, a Dynamic Fomies F-117.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Hy Orrin, you are certainly not a "ButtHead", as Doc said, it will hopefully be moved to the Foamies thread when this is archived. Just in case I am taking your suggestion and running with it to the foamies thread, I will cross post this thread there later today. This idea started at Neat Fair, but I should have known to post in the foamies thread as I would reach many more people. So Thanks for the "Heads Up" good call on your part.

Eric G
The "Deacon of Beacon"
Old Oct 05, 2012, 09:06 AM
brooklyn,ny
Joined Jul 2007
2,276 Posts
WHOOT!!!! thank you!!!!

i would like to thank my.......... and my.... especially......... and if not for........

wow, this is a great honor as 1 of the winner.
i will continue the next build for you guys on my next build this weekend using the foam tac hinge and tell you how it goes! keep the builds coming everyone!

-pete
meanbaby is online now Find More Posts by meanbaby
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Polaris #58 control horn
Old Oct 05, 2012, 04:35 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,630 Posts
Congrats:to both winners . that Mako is one sweet bird. i gotta get me some foam board or order one of these .and off course use some of this glue
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
Old Oct 05, 2012, 05:05 PM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam Tac

Quote:
Originally Posted by THESANDMAN View Post
Congrats:to both winners . that Mako is one sweet bird. i gotta get me some foam board or order one of these .and off course use some of this glue
Hey Sandman,

I just finished building my Mako, give West Michigan Parkflyers a call and buy one from them. IMO by the time you buy the foam and have it shipped you are close to the cost of the kit. The kit comes packaged beautifully, and the cutting and hardware are high quality. I will post pixs of mine tonight, and just so you know I built the entire plane using only Foam-Tac and I used only about 1/4 of the 2oz. bottle. Foam-Tac works great and waterproofs all your seems as you build. The trick with Foam-Tac is to use a little at a time. I run a small bead along the seam, then push the pieces together then pull them apart and smear one side with my finger, then I wait about a minute and a half, then push parts together and Violla!!! the parts hold tight enough to go onto the next step.
Can you tell I love this glue? Looks for my Mako Pixs later tonight.
Regards,
Eric G.
The "Deacon of Beacon"
Old Oct 05, 2012, 06:09 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,630 Posts
[QUOTE=Eric Giorgiantonio;22923394]Hey Sandman,

I just finished building my Mako, give West Michigan Parkflyers a call and buy one from them. IMO by the time you buy the foam and have it shipped you are close to the cost of the kit. The kit comes packaged beautifully, and the cutting and hardware are high quality. I will post pixs of mine tonight, and just so you know I built the entire plane using only Foam-Tac and I used only about 1/4 of the 2oz. bottle. Foam-Tac works great and waterproofs all your seems as you build. The trick with Foam-Tac is to use a little at a time. I run a small bead along the seam, then push the pieces together then pull them apart and smear one side with my finger, then I wait about a minute and a half, then push parts together and Violla!!! the parts hold tight enough to go onto the next step.
Can you tell I love this glue? Looks for my Mako Pixs later tonight.
Regards,
Eric G.
The "Deacon of Beacon"[/QUOTE/]

your are right and my building skills are not up to Petes standards . out of whole box of foam i will be lucky to get one Mako out of the 16 sheets.lol
i had seen one Mako at the neat fair and the guy there gave me a business card with a link ,and info . its an amazing performing ship . well worth buying the kit ,rather than me attempting to make one. i had figured i would give it a shot at building one ,but this ship looks like it needs to be build by a person with building skills. my skills are more of crashing planes . so i will stick to that instead
thanks for the advice see you guys at the next funfly .
Old Oct 05, 2012, 06:46 PM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam Tac

Ok Guys, Here are some pictures of my build of West Michigan Parkflyers Mako.
First off this is an awesome kit, well packed and all foam, hardware and cutting is of very high quality. I used Foam-Tac exclusively for the build and had the plane framed up in only a few hours. I will be adding our new coating compound to the float bottoms tonight, and post the pixs of that tomorrow. The compound is light and sands really well, and is very paintable. Above all is it is very strong and waterproof.
The second and third pics are of the Foam-Tac hinges, no tape, just glue and this glue works very well for hinges. OH and BTW I also used Foam-Tac to hinge the the top battery hatch!!!!

Thanks for looking

The "Deacon of Beacon"

Eric G
Old Oct 05, 2012, 07:44 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,630 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Giorgiantonio View Post
Ok Guys, Here are some pictures of my build of West Michigan Parkflyers Mako.
First off this is an awesome kit, well packed and all foam, hardware and cutting is of very high quality. I used Foam-Tac exclusively for the build and had the plane framed up in only a few hours. I will be adding our new coating compound to the float bottoms tonight, and post the pixs of that tomorrow. The compound is light and sands really well, and is very paintable. Above all is it is very strong and waterproof.
The second and third pics are of the Foam-Tac hinges, no tape, just glue and this glue works very well for hinges. OH and BTW I also used Foam-Tac to hinge the the top battery hatch!!!!

Thanks for looking

The "Deacon of Beacon"

Eric G
what is this compound you speak of.you have caught my attention .since i have a flyjet x-83 i painted up ,i ike the way it came out but if i can get rid of the foam look this may be the ticket

[IMG][/IMG]