HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 27, 2012, 02:10 AM
Where did that tree come from
United States, SC, Lancaster
Joined Nov 2010
1,390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
They showed a belly landing, I wonder if it comes with landing skids like the old one.
I hope it does. Don't like the way she looks in the air with a set of wheels hanging out from under her.
kid at 55 is offline Find More Posts by kid at 55
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 27, 2012, 06:40 AM
Airplane crasher
USA, CT, Shelton
Joined Jan 2008
2,732 Posts
The New F4-U1A

I am sold for this new plane and just waiting to get my hands on it
CapMike is offline Find More Posts by CapMike
Old Apr 27, 2012, 06:55 AM
CV-63/VR-62
New Haven, MI
Joined Aug 2009
497 Posts
I'm sorry I lost my civility in my previous post. All the unwarranted negative comments got to me.
One of the main reasons I will pay the premium price for HH products is they are designed and engineered in house, in the United States. They are not just another distributer.
Scottmac737 is offline Find More Posts by Scottmac737
Old Apr 27, 2012, 06:59 AM
Terre Haute, IN
Joined Jan 2009
159 Posts
I have been a Parkzone fan for years, but I have been less than impressed as of late. You can get an FMS Corsair with all of these expensive upgrades for $100 less. Also, FMS has a bigger plane and more scale features and it took years for Parkzone to do what others have been doing for a while now and you still have to buy the components seperately.
tankbuster is offline Find More Posts by tankbuster
Old Apr 27, 2012, 07:08 AM
Super Man's cousin! No cape!
Australia, New South Wales, Wangi Wangi
Joined Sep 2010
479 Posts
I would buy one...But I already own 2 Durafly, and they're great in my opinion. They cost me less than $150 to my door, each. Recievers are $7, batteries are about $9 each. I'm set.
Ultra_Spitfire is offline Find More Posts by Ultra_Spitfire
Old Apr 27, 2012, 07:09 AM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MERLIN V16 View Post
This is the Day that will be long remembered! It has seen the Death of the Durafly Corsair and the end of the Foam rebellion ! Actually not but I love Star Wars and Darth Vader LOL!
Some of you might know i have a good few PZ warbirds and no doubt i will still be buying them it they keep coming out with NEW ones.

I don't think this one will kill off the Durafly one at all,because you get flaps,retracts and LED lights with the Durafly one, unlike the PZ one where you will have to spend a few more quid/bucks on the retracts and servos for the flaps and if you want LED's even more money ok not a lot for LED's but it all adds up right.

Which will take you well past what the Durafly Corsair would cost,so i'm thinking there will always be people out there that would rather go over to Hobbyking to buy the Durafly Corsair to save money.

No i'm not bashing PZ or bigging Durafly up but just saying what i think to be true.

Sits back and wait for the flaming to start.
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
Old Apr 27, 2012, 07:50 AM
United States, MD
Joined Jan 2012
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kid at 55 View Post
She put on some weight . I hope they beef up the wing to help with the stress we put on her when coming out of a dive.
Will the extra weight change her flight characteristics (gotta fly faster?)

I understand the older version had fairly trainer-like handling when needed. Is that changing much with the new model? (More P-51 ish?)
paxfish is offline Find More Posts by paxfish
Old Apr 27, 2012, 07:52 AM
CA...gimme the CA...
United States, GA, Savannah
Joined Jun 2005
493 Posts
HobbyKing has good prices at first glance, but a $30 shipping fee for a plane is kinda steep.
whowhatwhere is offline Find More Posts by whowhatwhere
Old Apr 27, 2012, 08:03 AM
Australia, VIC, Shepparton
Joined Jun 2011
303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by startazz View Post
Some of you might know i have a good few PZ warbirds and no doubt i will still be buying them it they keep coming out with NEW ones.

I don't think this one will kill off the Durafly one at all,because you get flaps,retracts and LED lights with the Durafly one, unlike the PZ one where you will have to spend a few more quid/bucks on the retracts and servos for the flaps and if you want LED's even more money ok not a lot for LED's but it all adds up right.

Which will take you well past what the Durafly Corsair would cost,so i'm thinking there will always be people out there that would rather go over to Hobbyking to buy the Durafly Corsair to save money.

No i'm not bashing PZ or bigging Durafly up but just saying what i think to be true.

Sits back and wait for the flaming to start.
I agree with every word you said
jeffhines2673 is offline Find More Posts by jeffhines2673
Old Apr 27, 2012, 08:30 AM
Play tetris with my english
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,185 Posts
Here we go again.
DaxFX is online now Find More Posts by DaxFX
Old Apr 27, 2012, 08:35 AM
United States, NJ, Trenton
Joined Oct 2011
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hongrn View Post
I agree. Or get the Durafly Corsair. Looks better than the PZ, is better equipped, and less expensive.
A++++ I'm a Durafly convert. After I crashed my PZ Corsair beyond repair I picked up a Durafly Corsair. MUCH MUCH better quality and value.

Pass on all PZ products if Durafly has similar model!!
Pjuran is offline Find More Posts by Pjuran
Old Apr 27, 2012, 08:42 AM
Shut up and fly
United States, CO, Firestone
Joined Jun 2008
10,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjuran View Post
A++++ I'm a Durafly convert. After I crashed my PZ Corsair beyond repair I picked up a Durafly Corsair. MUCH MUCH better quality and value.

Pass on all PZ products if Durafly has similar model!!
why would you even post that here.
i don't get it. i too have a durafly not the same apple and oranges.
i like them all

here is one of your own post bashing durafly customer service back ordered parts your shelf
Pjuran
Joined Oct 2011
43 Posts

Everything is a trade off.
Agreed 100%. Customer Service sucks. The cheap prices make up for that though. If I get a bad unit I toss it. I'd never ship something back to HK.

Parts are another issue. I backordered a few props. The good thing with the foamy planes is that glue can fix almost anything. Also they are so cheap you can just salvage what you have after a bad crash and get a new one. They you"ll have parts. I also never order planes from the HK warehouse. US only. Minimize shipping duration and damage.
papabatman is offline Find More Posts by papabatman
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by papabatman; Apr 27, 2012 at 08:55 AM.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 08:53 AM
Play tetris with my english
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,185 Posts
Even i ask to not do the same in my new thread. "edited" came and just do it.
DaxFX is online now Find More Posts by DaxFX
Last edited by DaxFX; Apr 30, 2012 at 10:39 AM.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 09:20 AM
*Noted Nerd*
United States, OR, Sandy
Joined Jul 2004
546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaxFX View Post
Even i ask to not do the same in my new thread. A moron came and just do it.
That sucks. You should have made it more clear in the title and in the first post that you wanted it clean.

I just looked to see who did it, it wasn't who I expected.
Oregon Craig is offline Find More Posts by Oregon Craig
Old Apr 27, 2012, 09:23 AM
United States, CO, Lakewood
Joined Mar 2007
3,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N227CT View Post
Nobody has mentioned this yet, but what about the difference in painting between some of the imports and the PZ stuff. I set out an FMS T-28 in the sun and everything black turned gator skinned within a half hour. I've never had a PZ one do that. Just one more thing that separates it from the others. I do have a PZ Me 109 that has a motor that was a guaranteed blow up if you flew it a lot though so they have some of their own problems too.

Sometimes, I just wish I could turn off my "want" switch and just wait it out for the second batch after all the problems are ironed out.
Oh please!!!! I've seen plenty PZ Corsairs Gator up in the sun. A few Spits too being they are dark green in spots.

ANY EPO foam plane will bubble up given enough heat.
ColoradoHeliNut is offline Find More Posts by ColoradoHeliNut